Endless Love

The Kiss

Image

Unknown
I was watching her. The way that her timid body jerked away from anyone who came near. Her eyes were constantly darting around the room, as if looking for somebody, anybody, but I knew better.

I brought my vodka shot to my lips and downed it while watching Autumn. Her eyes subtly moved over to me, but darted away. She didn’t know who I was. Oh, but I knew who she was and soon, she would find out. I grinned before backing up, disappearing into the crowd.

Autumn
This was so awkward, being here. Not only were people purposely ignoring me, but they were also whispering about the fact that I was here. Or, at least, they thought they were whispering, but I could hear their every word. Their mocking tones, the way that their eyes glanced over to me every few seconds. It was so obvious that they were talking about me it was sick.

I hated parties, so why was I here? The last party I was at ended badly. That was two years ago, when I was fifteen. I had been drinking, as a normal person does at a party, and had lost track of what I was drinking. Apparently, not even two hours later, I was trashed, not able to know anything that was going on. I was also very dizzy and faint.

Someone had slipped the “date rape” drug into one of my drinks while I wasn’t looking. I was raped that night, my virginity taken from me. It was violent, it was horrible. The person had broken bones and an unrecognizable face by the end of the night. He was also arrested, thrown into prison for twenty years for raping a minor. I didn’t mention that he was in his twenties, did I? Yeah, it’s pathetic. That is why, from a week after, I began taking self-defense classes. I also began keeping a pocket knife on me at all times. It didn’t matter if I didn’t have pockets, I would keep it in my shoe or bra. Always prepared, never unaware.

I snapped out of my thoughts after a moment, looking around at all of the idiots. They looked as if they were finally starting to ignore my presence, thank goodness. Who am I? I thought to myself. Why am I here? What has finally convinced me to put myself in the open again? I know why. It’s because I want people who actually care about me for once, instead of those who are afraid and completely ignore me because of my social status. Yeah, so what, I’m not exactly popular, but that does not mean I’m not human.

Life is so frustrating sometimes, so degrading. If one person were to point out that someone slept with more than one guy, that person would immediately be considered a slut, despite the fact that it was with her boyfriends. A loyal thing, not cheating, not going out of her way to do all of this, just sleeping with her boyfriend. But you know society is shit now. It’s filled with useless amounts of drama that you cannot seem to escape from. It follows you everywhere, even in your own bedroom.

I glanced around once again, boredom starting to seep into my body. I should have told Austin no and instead went out with Tabitha or something. No, wait, she is probably on a date with her dream guy. Figures. I sighed, deciding to walk over to the drink table. Luckily, there were canned drinks, so I didn’t have to worry about being drugged again.

I cracked open a Sprite, took a long drink and stood next to the table. Where the hell was Austin anyway? Never mind, I shouldn’t care. He ditched me. I took another drink before placing it in the garbage can sitting next to the table. It definitely was not worth drinking. It was warm, tasting slightly flat. Then again, that was because most people here didn’t care about the pop, they wanted the alcohol. Pathetic.

I went to take a step into the crowd, to head for the front door, when two hands snaked around my waist, a body pressing back against mine. “Hey, gorgeous.”
I would have punched the person, had I not recognized the voice whispering in my ear. Of course, I should have still punched him, all things considering. “What do you want, Fallon?” I asked, leaning back against his body. Why not get comfortable with an acquaintance? He was at least talking to me.
“Would you kill me if I answered with ‘you’?”

“Maybe,” I mused, tipping my head back so my green eyes met his silver ones. “Would you make a move on me if I refused?”

“Maybe,” he parroted and I bit back a smile.
I went to move away from him, however his hands tightened on my waist, holding me against him. Butterflies fluttered their wings in my stomach, shocking me. For one, I had never had this reaction to a guy and two, of all people to have this reaction to. Moving my hands down my body, slowly, I placed them over top of his and started moving my hips, grinding against him when Savage Garden’s “I Want You” started playing in the speakers.

His groan met my ears, being enough for me to continue my onslaught. “Damn you woman,” he grit out, taking his hands off of my waist. Instead, he intertwined his fingers with mine and twirled me around. I moved forward as he released my hand, placing his back on my waist, and started moving against his body once again.

Front against front, chest against chest. My hips ground against his, my own giddiness becoming evident as the bulge in his tight jeans moved between my legs. “So you want me, huh?” I whispered seductively in his ear, my lips pressed against it.

When his fingers brushed against the skin of my stomach showing, I gasped at the jolt of electricity shooting up my spine. That had certainly never happened before. But, oh man, did I like it. We continued grinding against each other until I twirled my body again, pressing my ass against his jeans. I moved my hands down the front of my body, then back up until my fingers slid slowly between my breasts.

I did not care if anyone from the crowd was staring, I did not care if they labeled me as a slut. I could have cared any less if they talked about it at school. But if they tried to pull me away from him, I would have knocked them the hell out.

His hand moved under my shirt, his fingers splaying against my flat stomach, gently caressing the skin there, and teasing me. I arched my body, pressing against him even more, enjoying the groan that echoed into my ear once again. “I had never thought that I would have this much fun at a party,” he whispered, slipping his tongue out to lick the shell of my ear. The grin that pulled over his lips was felt when he placed them against the curve of my neck. Soon they were sucking at the skin, his teeth pulling, biting, tongue licking.

Without a warning, I slipped one of my hands behind my body, between ours until my fingers stroked gently over the bulge. His teeth sank hard into my neck, causing a moan to leave my lips.

Just as I was about to turn, to declare him as mine with a kiss and suggest we get a room, I was jerked away from him. My body hit hard against the hardwood floor. I became aware of my senses, of the growing arousal between my legs, of the fact that my elbow was stinging like a motherfucker. As soon as that came to, so did the realization that I was on the floor. Who the hell interrupted us? I turned my head, fury written all over my face, only to see my brother and Fallon throwing fists.

“What the fuck were you doing with my sister?” Austin bellowed throwing a fist that landed on the side of Fallon’s jaw. He was furious, just as I was. Austin, on the other hand, was murderous.

“Stop it!” I yelled, scrambling to my feet.

“Nothing that she didn’t want,” Fallon ground out, teeth gritted as he blocked a punch to his face. Surprisingly, he was more on the defensive than offensive. It was as if he didn’t want to fight Austin, as if he were obeying my command.

“You liar! She would never do that with some random guy that she had just met. You motherfucker!”

“Stop!” I screamed, grabbing at Austin’s arm. He ignored me, didn’t even register the fact that I had a hold of him. Fallon saw it though. His eyes met mine, and I registered fear in them. I didn’t understand why until Austin’s arm was jerked out of my grip.

Austin turned, unseeing, and threw out his fist.

My eyes went wide, my arms coming up to block my face. But there was no impact there. The blow came to my stomach. It knocked all of the air out of my system and I fell to my knees, gasping for air. Just as Austin went to take another blow, he was shoved away.

Fallon dropped next to me. His hand came up to tenderly stroke the side of my face. “I’m sorry,” he whispered.

My gasps turned to wheezing, and soon I was able to speak through it. “Why?”

“This would never have happened had I not come onto you.” He blamed himself, simple as that. It was my brother’s fault, though, not his. He wasn’t the one who jerked me away from him, and then proceeded to try and kill him. No, it was my entire brother’s fault. And he hit me. That was unforgiveable. He should never have done that.

“It isn’t your fault,” I wheezed out, closing my eyes. I regulated my breathing and then, with his help, was able to stand on my own feet again. I looked around, finding my brother on the other side of the room with his hands over his face.

When Austin glanced up and saw me, he started over, but two guys stood in his way, shaking their heads. Austin’s voice rang out, loud and menacing, “Get away from me.”

I cowered into Fallon’s side. His fingers splayed across my waist, somehow able to comfort me. Somehow I knew that he would protect me. He and my brother stared at each other across the room. Never once, in my seventeen years of living had Austin ever hit me, not even accidentally; maybe when we were babies, but that was different.

The two guys looked toward me, noticing Fallon at my side and stepped away, allowing Austin to go through. Despite the apologetic look on his face, his eyes held something different entirely. Hatred mixed with what looked like satisfaction. When his eyes drifted over to me, the hatred disappeared, but the other emotion stayed. That scared me most of all. Was this a hidden desire of his, to hit me? To emotionally and physically wound me? He stopped a few feet away, his eyes never leaving mine. “Autumn, I—”

“Shut up,” I hissed, cutting him off. “You have no right to speak. What you did out there was unforgiveable. I was having fun, until you came along. What right did you have to pull me away from Fallon? You had none. What difference is it when you screw a girl and leave her compared to me having fun with our neighbor?” I took a step forward, leaving the safety of Fallon’s arms. Luckily, he didn’t leave me entirely. His fingers intertwined around my own.

“Autumn—”

“I said shut up.” Anger pulsed through my veins, warmth heating my cheeks. “To think that you would even do something like that is just—just pathetic! Where were you two years ago, Austin? I will tell you where you were. You were fucking some whore in the back of your car while I was raped!”

Fallon
“What?” I yelled, my hand tightening around Autumn’s. Her thumb ran across the back of my hand, telling me that it was okay. But no, it definitely was not okay.

Austin had the nerve to look guilty.

“And you know what, Austin,” she continued, “I forgave you for that. You want to know why? Because you’re my brother and I understood that you had to go do something else! But I know for a fact that I looked like I was having fun. I was smiling, for crying out loud. And you had the nerve to pull me away from him. How dare you? And then to fucking get into a fight with him? Oh, and not to mention, you hit me!”

Something swelled in the pit of my stomach. Not anger, no, this was better than anger. It felt … nice. It hit me then. I had a crush on Autumn. This definitely wasn’t good. Of all times to have one.

“Autumn, I didn’t know it was you, I swear. I would never have hit you otherwise. You know me, you believe me, right? You have to.”

“I have to? No, I don’t have to do anything, Austin. And maybe, you should look before you swing, you asshole! I cannot believe you did this to me. You saw me, I know you did! You slowed yourself down; you didn’t give me the full force of it. But you still hit me, on purpose!”

I noticed it. Austin’s eyes darkening with rage, his lips tightening to a thin line. Before he could do anything, I pulled Autumn back, away from him. “Get him out of here, before he does something drastic. I know I’m not the only one seeing him getting angry at her.” Her sharp intake of breath told me that she definitely hadn’t noticed it before. I shook my head, disappointed in her family. First I figure out that her sister hates her, now this. It’s sickening. “Let’s get out of here,” I whispered in her ear.

Autumn
“How are you?” he asked me once we were back at my house. Yes, my house. He walked me there from his, which was stupid, but sweet altogether. His fingers lightly touched the area where I was punched.

“It hurts; I’m assuming it’s going to bruise. I cannot guarantee that he’s going to tell my mom about this. I’m not sure if I should…”

“Your mother seems like she has a lot on her plate, and worrying about the fact that you were injured by him would probably stress her out, a lot.” His eyes softened as he glanced down at me. “If it happens again or comes close to it, tell her. Until then, here’s my number.” He slipped a piece of paper into my back pocket, his hand lingering there for a moment.

When I glanced up at him, my eyes meeting his, butterflies started going full force in my stomach once again. My heartbeat sped up, pounding furiously. My eyes moved away from his, scanning his body. I hadn’t noticed what he had been wearing before.

His short black hair was styled to perfection; spiked in the back, while the front rested lazily upon his head, his bangs resting right above his eyes. He wore a tight black t-shit that showed off his muscles and black jeans that fit him well, hugging his body.

Once my eyes met his again, I saw that his had darkened with something unfamiliar to me. The emotion registered in my brain as soon as he dipped his head, brushing his lips softly against mine. Lust. I swallowed nervously as he pulled back, his eyes searching my face as if looking for any disapproval.

When he found what he was looking for, his right hand came up to curve around the back of my head. His fingers gently massaged my skull before he pulled my head forward. His lips came down on top of mine.

I moaned against his lips, immediately wrapping my arms loosely around his neck. He took this as an invitation, slipping his tongue into my mouth, exploring. I tilted my head to the side, enjoying the small shocks that were sent through my body.

His hands eventually dropped from my body and I pulled back, my cheeks stained red. He ran a hand through his hair, messing it up. I felt the need to replace his with my own, but resisted. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Autumn,” he purred. “Good night.”

I watched him as he left. When he stood at his door, our eyes met, and a smirk was placed onto his lips as he gave a small wave. “Good night,” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
How's that for an update? :D