Shaking Hands and Trembling Lips

Hoodies hold sercrets

Jack and Jamie stood on the divider of their houses; the crossroad in which they had to go separate ways. Jack stood there not wanting to leave Jamie. Jamie stood there not wanting to go home to her cheating, murderous father.
“Do you want to go to my house again?” Jack asked. He watched her hesitation and any other move she made. She was really beautiful. He loved the way her skin glowed in the sunlight and how soft her lips looked. He watched the way the wind blew roughly against her small frame and he wanted to wrap her in a hug to protect her from the wind. ‘Whoa did I seriously just think that? Protect her from the wind? I think she’ll live without me.’ He insulted himself.
“No, I have to face him. It’s now or never” She answered him using a common phrase. She stepped forward and began walking towards her house. “I’ll talk to you later, okay Jack?”
“Sure, if my mom doesn’t murder me for getting into a fight.” He said with a shaky smile. Jamie looked back and smiled at him.

Jamie opened the door to her house. It was dark and quiet. She flicked on the lights and pulled her key out of the lock. She gently shut the door and walked into the house. Her dad was sitting in the kitchen, as if he had been waiting for her.
“Oh you decided to come home.” He said his voice licked with sarcasm.
“Um yea”
“Where the fuck were you?” He yelled
“I went over to Jack’s house.”
“Damn it, Jamie. Do you know how worried I was about you? I thought you were kidnapped or worse.”
“Worse? You mean like Mom?” She muttered. She mentally slapped herself across the face. Her father slammed his fist against the table.
“Will you stop with that? Your mother is better off dead. All she is doing is rotting away in a hospital bed.”
“And you rather her rot in the ground?” She snapped back.
“Yes!” He father yelled out of frustration. She was stunned at his response. Jamie ran off to her room. She locked the door and leaned against it. Her mother was going to die. She closed her eyes, forcing the tears to stay dry. She slid down and took a deep breath. A small idea came to her mind. She got up from the door and walked over to her bed. She picked up the mattress and peeked underneath it. There laid the orange pill bottle. From her eyes it looked like the Fountain of Youth. She picked up and listened to the pill rattle around. She opened the lid and poured three tiny white pills into her hand. She threw them to the back of her mouth and swallowed them all. She could barely hear her father knocking on the door as the whole became blurry and out of focus. She watched as the swirl of colors whirled around her. A large smile fixed itself upon her face. She forgot why she was so sad. Instead of putting the pills back under her mattress she took a couple of them out and stuck them in her pocket. She left the orange empty bottle in the hoodie pocket.

Jack sat at home bored. His mom had grounded him for a week. Not bad. He had told her what had happened; the full story. He closed his eyes and laid back in bed. It was going to be a long day. It was only the first day of his suspension, but it was boring as fuck. He jerked up as he heard a knock on his window. Standing there was Jamie, with a colossal smile on her face.
“Let me in” She mouthed. He opened the window and she climbed in.
“Hey.” She said with a smile. He noticed her eyes were dilated and she seemed almost too happy.
“Why aren’t you at school?”
”I missed you.”
“Jamie.”
”Jack” Jack sighed. He knew he wasn’t going to win.
“What do you want to do then?” He asked.
“Um we should play Guitar Hero” She said. She was acting so different, but Jack shrugged it off. He turned on his TV and handed her a guitar. She pulled the black strap around her should and smiled at him. A couple of hours into the game Jamie took off Jack’s hoodie and threw it onto the bed.
“That’s yours” She said and shook her guitar gently for Star Power. Finally the song ended and Jamie had won…again. Jack glanced at the clock. School would have been over by now.
”Hey, Jay, you should probably be heading home now.” He said sadly. He didn’t want her to leave, but he didn’t want her to get into trouble. She never did tell him about last night, but he figured if she wanted him to know, he would know. She looked at the clock as well.
“Shit” She said “Later, Alligator.” She said and climbed out of the window and left. Jack smiled at her child-ness. He picked up his hoodie and smelled it; it still smelled like her. He felt the wait was a bit different and he reached into the pocket and pulled out an orange bottle. He knew Jamie. She didn’t take medication; so why does she have drugs?
♠ ♠ ♠
How is it? Good? Bad? Comments?