Status: in progress

Another New Beginning

Chapter 4

I had decided a few days earlier I was going to the founder's party at the Lockwood's. There was no school today so I went to a dress shop in town and bought myself a dress for the party. I had lots of clothes but who doesn't need more? I spent about four hours looking for the dress and matching shoes before I decided to come back to the boarding house.

I walked through the front door shutting it behind me and heard a commotion; it seems we can't have even a little bit off peace with Damon around.

"No, I'm not. And neither are you. How many more people have to die before you see that?" I hear Zach say as I walk into the living room.

"I see it. All right, Zach, I see it." Stefan replied.

"Then why aren't you guys doing anything about it?" Zach asks us

"I can't, Zach. I can't. It would take human blood. It's the only way that I could stop him, and I can't do that. Only Kali could." Stefan tells him.

"I could break his neck and then you put him away somewhere; but even that won't stop him forever Stefan. He will heal and break free. We can't do anything without Vervain but the last we had was given to Elena." I tell them as I drop my bags on the couch.

I looked up and saw the look on Zach's face.

"What?" Stefan asked seeing the look too.

Zach led us down stairs where we stopped at the cellar. He opened the door and motioned for us to go inside. The sight I saw was not something I pictured I was thinking a vampire proof cell/torture chamber knowing the founders of this town but what I saw was about 20 plants of Vervain growing underneath a UV light.

"You've been growing it." Stefan says stopping beside me.

"It's just something that's been passed down through the generations. Blood only runs so deep when you're related to vampires. Damon would kill me if he knew that I had it." Zach explains looking at the Vervain.

"But you're telling us. Why?" Stefan asks him.

"Because I trust both. And you're gonna need it if you want to get rid of him." Zach says leaving the cellar with us following him with smiles on mine and Stefan's faces.

I entered the Lockwood mansion not needing an invite because I had been invited in 1864's founder's party at the time Damon was my date. I knew he only wanted to go to spy on Stefan and Katherine but I wasn't complaining it was a fun night. Earlier after getting my dress on I came downstairs where Stefan was about to leave and get Elena, he told me of his failed attempt at vervaining Damon, he also said he knew it wouldn't work and to let him handle it so I decided I would let him do things his way;but if things got out of hand then I would step in. http://www.polyvore.com/015/set?id=68862510

I walked around for a little while and grabbed a champagne flute that was passing by and I found Elena and Stefan inside a room with some artifacts from Mystic falls on display.

"The founding families in Mystic Falls welcomes you to the inaugural founder's council celebration." Wow, look, it's the original guest registry. Look at all these familiar names—Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood, Kalina Pierce. Is that Damon Salvatore? And, Stefan Salvatore?" Elena says after reading the registry.

"The original Salvatore brothers. Our ancestors. Tragic story, actually." Damon says coming into the room with Caroline and stopping to stand beside me.

"We don't need to bore them with stories of the past." Stefan replies as they turn around and face us.

"It's not boring, Stefan. I'd love to hear more about your family." Elena says looking to Damon and me.

"Well, I'm bored. I want to dance. And Damon won't dance with me." Caroline says pouting.

"Mm-Mmm." Damon says offhandedly.

"Could I just borrow your date?" Caroline asks directing the question to Elena.

"Oh, uh..." Elena says looking to Stefan.

"I don't really dance." Stefan admits.

"Oh, sure he does. You should see him. Waltz, the jitterbug, the moonwalk. He does it all." Damon says smirking. I elbow him in the ribs hard but unnoticed by the others.

"You wouldn't mind, would you, Elena?" Caroline asks stepping forwards.

"It's up to Stefan." Elena says shrugging.

"Well sorry, but I'm not going to take no for an answer." Caroline replies grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the room.

"I want to apologize to you for being such a world-class jerk the other night when I tried to kiss you. There's no excuse. My therapist says I'm... Acting out, trying to punish Stefan." Damon says to her.

"For what?" Elena asks him.

"It's all in the past. I don't even want to bring it up. Let's just say that the men in the Salvatore family have been cursed with sibling rivalry. And it all started with the original Salvatore brothers."

"Then don't bring it up Damon." I say glaring at him.

"The Salvatore name was practically royalty in this town. Until the war. There was a battle here—" He starts completely ignoring me.

"The battle of willow creek." Elena picks up.

"Right." Damon says nodding.

"I know, we talked about it in class. Confederate soldiers fired on a church with civilians inside." Elena continues.

"What the history books left out was the people that were killed. They weren't there by accident. They were believed to be union sympathizers. So some of the founders on the confederacy side back then wanted them rounded up and burned alive. Stefan and Damon had someone they loved very much in that church. And when they went to rescue them, they were shot. Murdered in cold blood." Damon replies with a look of almost pain on his face. I wasn't even aware he had emotion left.

"Who was in the church that they wanted to save?" Elena asks interested.

"A woman. "I say trying to wrap this conversation up.

"Look, I'm sorry that you and Stefan have this thing between you, but I can't get in the middle of it, Damon. I just... I hope you two can work it out." Elena says leaving the room.

"I really like her, she knows how to put you in your place." I say smirking at Damon and then following Elena out.

I was walking around the Lockwood's again seeing it looks just the same as it did back then with a few renovations but still pretty much the same. I walked into a room and saw Bonnie sitting at a table. The candle in the room goes out and Bonnie stares at it then it reignited, she blows it out obviously freaked out.

"Hey Bonnie. Caroline tells me you're dateless. I am too, so wanna be my date?" I ask with a friendly smile.

She jumps a little startled." Yeah, sure." She says.

I stick my arm out for her and we lock arms and walk to the dance floor. She doesn't seem to get the feeling of death that she normally would, thanks to a witch named Bree who owed me a few favors.

Bonnie and I walked around for a bit talking about stuff before we found an upset Elena so we grabbed some ice cream and sat down.

"This is my fault. I planted doubt. I'm a doubt planter." Bonnie tells her.

"It's not your fault. I just—I feel terrible because I said that I wouldn't get in the middle of it, and then that's exactly what I did. I got all snotty." Elena says sighing.

"Elena, honey, there you are. I notice the watch still isn't in the collection." Mrs. Lockwood says coming over to us.

"Oh, um, I'm sorry, Mrs. Lockwood. I, um, I couldn't find it. I guess it's still packed up in my parents' stuff somewhere." Elena replies but I detect a lie.

"I see. Well, please let me know if you do find it." Mrs. Lockwood said before she left.

I was walking outside through the lawn after three more champagne flutes and I was feeling just a tad tipsy when I smelt blood and came upon Damon biting Caroline in the neck and then falling over.

"What the hell" He mutters

"You know, I couldn't spike your drink... So I spiked hers." Stefan says coming into view.

I walked over to Damon seeing a perfect opportunity and snapped his neck then stood up straight. Seeing the look on Stefan's face I explained myself." Just for good measure."

"Right. Come on let's go before someone sees." Stefan says picking Damon up then running to the boarding house with me behind.

After dropping Damon down in the cellar with Stefan I went back into my room and went to sleep happy I finally got to snap Damon's neck.