The Wolf Girl

The Wolf Girl - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

James sighed as he waited for his friend, Matt. What was taking so long?

Maybe he was running late. But it was a half an hour past his arrival time. I'd better call 'im.

Turns out, there was nobody to answer the phone. not even his wife, who was a stay-at-home woman.

Soon, everybody James knew was disappearing. This isn't good at all; where could everybody be going?

**********************************

James woke up to a silent morning. A very silent one. No birds chirping, no children on their way to school -

Then it hit James.

He and his wife were the only ones here. The hunter jumped out of his bed and rushed downstairs to find his wife making breakfast.

"Hi, honey. What's wrong-"

"We have a problem." The wife looked worried. James was calm, even during situations that would make others lose wit. Now she couldn't figure out why he was freaking out.

"What is the matter, James?"

"We are the only ones here."

"What are you saying?"

"Everyone in this town is gone except for us." His wife moved from the kitchen to the front window and stared.

"It is a bit peculiar that no one is around..."

"Because everyone else is gone, that's why. First Matt and his wife is gone. Now the whole community."

"Calm down, James. I'm sure the townspeople have went someplace-"

"Look outside and what do you see." James appeared to be right. No one was out there. James's wife picked up the phone.

"I'm calling the police."

"Who's to call but no one? Every one is gone. And we're going to find out why." Saying that , he and his wife headed out the door to be frightened by a scary scene. Buildings were torn down. There were dead animals lying around, and they smelled bad. James's wife covered her mouth.

"It's.... disgusting!" She cried as her eyes watered. James looked close to vomiting as well.

A pack of wolves came into the distance. The alpha male was leading the pack along, head held high with... a human arm in his mouth? James and his wife gasped. Then the wolves spotted them. Then the couple ran back into the house, the dogs close behind.

"Let's hide here in the closet!" James directed. But his wife was no where to be found. "Alice! He yelled. No answer. Mustering up the little courage and confidence he had left, James snuck down the stairs to find something that would scar him until the day he died.

His wife was being eaten alive, and James couldn't do anything about it. The blood-thirsty creatures were tearing meat from her stomach now, blood staining the floor and their mouths. James ran up the stairs and shut the closet door behind him again.

It would only take minutes until they found him, and he would be dead as well.