Status: We will see how things pan out...

There's a Time and a Place to Die

Foot Prints In The Snow

The footprints in the snow suddenly ended and I found myself feeling slightly out of sorts. For the last few miles I had been aimlessly following a set of footprints in the snow. Not only did I not know where they were leading me, but I also had no clue who they belonged to. Lately I have been in search of some purpose or meaning to my boring, everyday life. Every morning at crack of dawn my alarm clock goes off not a minute late, nor a minute early. I get up, have a shower and dress myself for the day, I go into the kitchen and make myself a hot coffee and then off I go to work. Every single morning I go through the same routine without fail. Everyday I wake up and pray to the sky that something out of the ordinary will happen, something amazing, something even horrible perhaps. Even breaking a bone would be pleasurable for me, just the excitement and 'out of the ordinary' would maybe make me feel something. The emptiness I feel has been overtaking every inch of me, and I fear that if I don't find something worth living for soon I will not make it past my 22nd birthday. It's not that I am 'too sad to carry on with this miserable life of mine', it is more the fact I do not see purpose in this life. I do not fear death, nor do I fear pain. Everyone is always fussing over their education, and fearing that they will not have 'lived their life to the full'. What is the purpose? In one hundred or so years, everyone you know will be rotting six feet under the ground. Every memory forgotten, every second spent worrying over life is simply gone. But still, a life is a life, and it is our gift. But still I count down the days until I end it all.

I continued to stare at the last footprints before me. I did not feel happy, nor did I feel sad. I felt lost. Even though they are simply a pair of foot prints belonging to a stranger, someone I have never met before. Not an enemy, or an acquaintance, I had been following them for the last few hours, I felt somewhat attached. I had to know who they belonged to. I needed to at least find someone who would remember me. I crouched down and gently reached out my hand to touch the footprint embedded in the white snow. The coldness sent a violent shudder up my arm as my fingers dug into the fresh snow. The stinging cold was comforting to my skin, so I dug my hand in further, embracing the cold like a mother would embrace her child. Deciding I would treat the snow as my bed, I lay down in it, covering the mysterious foot prints and spreading out my arms. The snow was almost as soft as sheep wool, and the stinging coldness was soothing to my back muscles. I shut my eyes, embracing this amazing moment of peace and serenity. I never knew how long I lay there for, but I knew after that moment my life would take a turn for the dramatic. Little did I know someone had had their keen eye on me for a while, merely watching my every move. Perhaps most of the time I had been aimlessly lying on the ground in the cold snow. Any 'normal' or 'sane' person would think I was completely mental or 'off my head'. I suppose you could say that is true, in a way. The clockworks of my brain are not like other humans, I am abnormal. There are pieces of me missing. I have always wondered why she never thought I was one of those 'crazy' people who seem to always bombard our streets. While lying in my peaceful sleep, I felt a warm body lay down beside me. No words were exchanged between the two of us for those few beautiful moments.

I felt nice to be so close to another of my race. For the past few months I had not much contact with humans, apart from that at work. There I chose to ignore them, not acknowledge them in anyway. We humans long for physical contact with another of our kind, just for that feeling of warmth and comfort. It's simply human nature, we are naturally drawn to one another. With my eye still shut, I focused on the breathing of the warm figure next to me. I felt the aura of the sound wash over me as I smiled teased at my lips. I had no idea who it was, yet I felt like I had known them my whole life. I haven't even seen their appearance, nor do I know whether or not they are a male or a female. Even so, I felt oddly drawn to them. I did not know how long we lay in the soft, cold snow in completely silence, just appreciating the moment. But eventually a honey voice sung out to me from the space beside me.

"What are you doing out here in the cold?" it was a girls voice, it was like fire compared to the biting cold. It was contrasting, like colours in a painting. After a few minutes of silence, I answered the strange, yet mystical voice.

"I could ask you the same thing" I took a short breath in of the harsh air. "Why on earth would you spontaneously lie down in the snow next to a complete stranger? That doesn't seem logical at all, not to mention is it the middle of winter".

"I never said I was a logical person. In fact, you could say I am the opposite."

I just lay there in the snow, processing what this person had said to me.

"All the best people are insane" I replied with very little emotion in my husky voice. A soft giggle came from beside me. A smiled spread across my stone cold face as I turned to look at the girl. It was unusual for me to smile even the slightest, but today it seemed like I was smiling enough to make up the span of my whole 22 (almost) years of existence NOT smiling, but simply locking myself up in my dark and poster clad room, grumbling about almost everything I possibly could. I began to feel slightly uneasy as it occurred to me that this strange girl could make me feel as no one else could, and I didn't even know her name. I have never felt so drawn to another being at all in my life. I pondered to myself for a while as to whether or not I should ask this girl her name, but I didn't feel as if that would be appropriate, as she was gazing at me intently. My eye locked with hers, and I then truly realised the stunning beauty lying right next to me, in the winter snow. The eyes starring back at me where of a hazel-green complexion, the green highlighted around the browner hazel. If was as if someone had taken a bucket of brown-hazel paint and drizzled green paint over it. It was odd, yet that was what made it completely beautiful. It wasn't your average 'brown' or 'blue' iris, it was something more unique and complex. I am someone who finds beauty in abnormalities and unique aspects.

I must have been gazing at the green-hazel eyes for quite sometime, as eventually I felt something warm make contact with my nose. It sent a violent shock throughout my body which made me feel slightly light headed. Apart from the shaking I didn't move from my lying position in the ground, and I was still gazing in the general direction of the beautiful green-hazel eyed girl. It then occurred to me that it was HER nose that was touching mine, this meant that her face was at a close range to mine. I couldn't help but smile as I felt the warmth of her nose on my skin. As we lay there in such close range, I saw a hint of red hair fall slowly from its place on her head, sweeping past the beautiful eyes I was so enticed by.

"You're rather cold" she whispered softly, her nose not moving from on mine.

"That is probably due to the fact my entire body is engulfed in the cold snow." I said, with a hint of sarcasm lacquering my tongue. The girl erupted in a warm giggle, just as she had before. I turned my gaze from her and starred upwards into the envy coloured leaves on the trees. We continued to lay in the snow for the entirety of the day, simply flinging sarcastic and flirty comments at each other for the remaining time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enojyed! Please let me know if you would like more!