Sequel: Walls
Status: Finished, sequel coming soon.

So Much For Keeping This Just Friends.

Chapter 1

“Mich are you ready yet?” her older brother called from the living room of her tiny apartment. “Give me a minute Matthew, gosh you’re so impatient!” the younger sibling retorted. “I wouldn’t be impatient if you were ready on time. I told you a week ago to start packing and you’ve once again left it to the last minute. We can’t be late Michelle.” With a huff the young woman zipped her last suitcase closed and headed out into the hall. She was starting to regret asking Matt to meet her in New York so that they could both head to New Jersey together instead of just meeting there. “Don’t get your panties in a twist, I’m ready,” she called to her brother. “Why are you guys yelling? It’s like five a.m.” Michelle’s roommate, Fae, asked standing in the doorway of her room, rubbing her eyes. “First of all it's nine a.m. and secondly, I’m leaving today Fae, remember?” The blonde’s eyes suddenly snapped open and a frown appeared on her lips. “That’s today…” she said softly. “I’m going to miss you.” She wrapped her arms around the brunet and held her closely. “Michelle,” Matt whined again, coming down the hall. “I’m leaving now, if you aren’t following me out that door, you’re not coming.” The younger sister rolled her eyes and pulled away from her best friend. “We’ll call, text, skype, whatever. But I gotta go before this one actually follows through on his empty threats.” She grinned, swung her knapsack over her shoulder, grasped the handle of one of her suitcases and motioned for her older sibling to grab the other. “Talk to you soon babe!” Fae called as the pair walked down the hall towards the elevator. “Nice to see you again Matt!” The Flyziks waved as the doors slid shut.
After an hours drive filled with catching up and bickering, the Flyziks arrived in New Jersey. “Flyzik!” a voice boomed through the parking lot. The pair turned their heads in sync towards the tall lanky man rushing their way. “Oh, someone made a friend for the drive over,” he said grinning as he wiggled his thick eyebrows up and down, grinning and the short brunet who was under his tour manager’s arm. “Back off Gaskarth,” Matt warned, his voice dripping with warning. Alex looked at his friend with his eyebrows pulled together. Who was this chick for Matt to get so possessive? He should know that he was just playing around. No way would he ever steal one of his friend’s girls. Michelle on the other hand was holding back the smile that was tugging at her lips. Did he seriously not remember her? Yeah it had been a while, but surely she couldn’t have changed that much. She was able to recognize him even though his hair had gone from blonde to a very dark shade of brown. “Hey Michelle! I didn’t know you were coming with us!” Rian exclaimed, stepping out from behind his friend. Of course he would remember her at least. She stepped out of her brother’s grasp and into a friendly hug from the drummer. He had changed since the last time she’d seen them as well. The change in his hairstyle definitely suited him. “Minnie! That's you?!” Alex exclaimed, finally cluing in on who she was, snatching her away from his roommate and pulling her into a bone crushing hug. “Damn, the years have been good to you. How old are you now?” he asked eying her up and down. “Twenty-two,” she stated proudly. A small smirk appeared on the singer’s face. She wasn’t that much younger then him…His thoughts were interrupted by Matt grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him away, leaving his younger sister with Rian who smiled at her and offered to carry her bags to the bus. “You stay away from her Alex. She isn’t a little fangirl, or a groupie, or one of your conquests. She’s my baby sister,” he warned. Alex’s eyes briefly flicked over to the attractive young woman. She had the same brown eyes as her brother, as well as the same color hair, although she wore hers more than halfway down her back. She threw her head back as she laughed melodiously at something Rian had said to her. It would be a lot of work trying to stay away from her, especially if she would be wearing those short jean shorts on a daily basis. With a sigh he nodded at his friend. “Alright man…But, would it make a difference if I told you that I wouldn’t treat her like other girls?” he asked. You couldn’t really blame him for trying. “No.” was all that came out of Matt’s mouth before he turned on his heals and followed his sister and Rian. Alex followed, calling out that he was only kidding about that last part.
“Home sweet home,” Alex declared once they had packed the suitcases under the bus and walked up the steps to go inside. The muscular guy was sitting in the front lounge typing away at a laptop, looked up and smiled as they walked in. “Hey guys, Michelle,” he said. “Oh my gosh Zack! Look at you!” she exclaimed. “I can’t see your bones anymore.” He chuckled softly and smiled again before turning his attention back to his computer. “Alright Min, this is your bunk, the one right over mine,” Matt called from the center of the bus. His sister rolled her eyes and went to meet him, throwing her knapsack and pillow into the small bunk. She was used to him playing the over protective brother, but this was a bit much, even for him. “Hey Matt! You’re here!” Jack called, popping out of the back lounge. “You’re not Matt…” he stated as his eyes landed on Michelle. “I’m a Flyzik if that helps,” she offered as he waved to her brother who was still standing behind her. “No!” he exclaimed, his mouth falling open. His eyes ran over her curves, just as his best friend’s had done a little while earlier. Michelle smirked. “Alright, Jack, front lounge. Now,” Matt stated. “Band meeting. Min, you can go wait in the back, help yourself to any game console there.” She grinned at Jack as he walked passed her. He was just as attractive as the last time they had met. Matt closed the separator between the front lounge and the bunks. After a brief exploring of the back room, Michelle had gotten bored. She wasn’t going to use any of the consoles; playing video games by yourself wasn’t any fun. Instead she decided that eavesdropping would be more entertaining. “And if anyone of you throws her so much as a wink or a smirk, I swear to you that I will rip your balls off and shove them down your throat before I…” Michelle opened the separator and stared at her brother with her eyebrows raised. “Really Matthew?” she asked, arms crossed over her chest. She saw his cheeks heat up slightly as his employers laughed softly. “I think you’re overreacting a little. Do I need to remind you that I’m twenty-two years old? I appreciate that you care for my well being, but no need to threaten to cut off your best friends’ genitalia.” The older Flyzik sighed, running his hands over his face and through his hair. “I’m not taking back what I said Michelle,” he informed her, standing his ground. These four boys were his best friends, but he knew how they, Alex and Jack especially, could be around girls. He wasn’t just going to sit back and watch as they screwed his sister over. “Alight, but you can make it up to me by buying me lunch, I’m hungry,” she announced, heading towards the door. “Are you guys coming?” she asked looking over her shoulder at the band. “Matt’s treat.” She winked at her brother and shot Jack a grin as she caught him smirking at her, before heading outside into the warm summer day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! :) My name is Mel! :D I don't know what else to say other than this is an idea I had and I've gotten Zara to co-write it with me. I'm very excited about this, I hope it turns out good and that you enjoy it! Don't be shy to tell us what you think in the comments!
YOUR TURN ZARA! :D