Sequel: Walls
Status: Finished, sequel coming soon.

So Much For Keeping This Just Friends.

Chapter 2

“So, Minnie, what have you been up to?” Alex asked, leaning onto his arms, closer to Michelle, staring into her eyes. This earned him a death glare from Matt, but it was unnoticed by the lead singer. "I’ve been in college at NYU studying business management. I want to follow in by big brother’s footsteps. I love music, I love to travel and he always speaks so highly of his job. But, obviously if that doesn’t work out, I’ll always have something else to fall back on with my degree,” she explained, taking a sip of her coffee and wincing. Not enough sugar. She ripped open a few more packets, pouring them into the very light brown liquid. “And what do you think about this Matt?” Alex asked him. “I told her she was insane. You never sleep, you’re never home, it’s stressful and a lot of work, and sometimes you get stuck with a bunch of jerks for employers and they never listen to you,” he replied with a chuckled taking a gulp from his own cup as the guys in reach of him leaned over the table to punch or hit him in some way. “So you’re here to learn the ropes?” Zack asked. “Sure am,” Michelle replied with a grin. She was very much looking forward to her summer. “Are you ever in for a treat,” Jack grinned from beside her. “What’s that supposed to mean?” She asked, turning to face him. “It means that if you’re new to the crew, you have to get initiated. You better get ready; anything can come at you at anytime, from water balloons, to indelible ink, to public humiliation. So better watch your back Flyzik,” he warned making her giggle. “I’m tough, I can take it,” she replied tilting her chin up and crossing her arms, trying to seam intimidating.
“Alright, so right now we’ve got sound check, which we have to make sure goes smoothly and properly, which is harder than you would think with these guys. We then have the meet and greet to organize and then we have to keep track of those four grown men for two hours before they go on stage. Tonight bus call is at 6 a.m. because the next stop isn’t too far away and because of the beginning of tour party. Speaking of, I don’t want you drinking too much, some of these guys have trouble keeping it in their pants,” Matt explained. His little sister glared at him once he’d made that last remark. “Need I remind you how old I am?” she asked. Matt let out a loud sigh. He wasn’t in the mood and didn’t have time to go over this again. “Follow me, and please keep up,” he warned, grasping his clipboard and walking towards the stage.
“So how’s the first day?” a whisper came from behind Michelle, making her jump. A soft giggle sounded after and she turned to see Jack pocking his heard out from the door leading back stage from the venue. “If the fans see you they’re going to freak Jack, go away,” she hissed, glancing over at the group of kids that were completely oblivious of the skunk haired guitarist. “But I want to know how it’s going,” he whined. “I’ll tell you later, now close the door,” she ordered. He looked at her for a moment before disappearing behind it. She smirked triumphantly and turned back to see her brother wrapping up his speech and motioning to her. “Bring them out Min,” he called. She turned the handle on the door and peered into the tiny hallway at the four boys drinking beer. “Are you ready to get raped?” she asked them with a grin. “Only if you’re the one to do it,” Alex winked, standing up, leaving his can on the floor, before walking out into the venue. “Don’t let Matt hear you say that,” Rian chuckled as he followed him out, Zack and the Jack trailing behind. The boys worked the room, chatting with their fans, taking pictures, signing album booklets, posters and various body parts. Michelle stuck to Matt’s side, helping out every now and then to take a picture or two. She spoke to the couple fans who addressed her, asking who she was and what it was like touring with the boys. A few even asked if they could take pictures with her and Matt, but the older of the two took charge saying this wasn't about them, it was about the band, but the persistent ones took pictures of them from further off, in a very unsubtle manner. Speaking of, she had also caught a certain guitarist glancing at her in a pretty obvious manner through out duration of the meet and greet.
"How are you sexy Mother Fuckers doing tonight?" Alex yelled into his mike. After they had played their first song. "We're so pumped to be kicking off this tour with you guys." The crowd screamed back enthusiastically. "We absolutely love playing here, it's so great to be back! You guys always treat us right!" he said before Jack cut in. "He's lying! Don't listen to him! He's just trying to get into your pants!" Alex's chuckle sounded through the speakers of the venue. "Shut up Jack! You're ruining everything!" He strummed a couple of familiar chords on his guitar. "We're going to play another song for you, if that's alright. It's about beer...." The four boys then started to play the intro to Stella. "Alright, alright, alright," Alex chanted into the mike as their set neared the end. "I hope you're still alive out there, cause the four of us are pretty out of shape. I'd like to take a little break if that's alright with you. Now, for those of you who had the chance to get a meet and greet before the show know who I'm going to talk about, but for the others I'd like you to meet a new crew member of ours," a sly grin appeared on his face as he briefly turned towards the side of the stage where Michelle was. She shook her head but he only grinned. "Come on out Mich," he spoke into the mike and waved her over. "We warned you that this was coming. There's no hiding from it now." Michelle looked at her older brother for help but he only smiled and shook his head. Even he wasn't on her side. "Alright Jack go get her," Alex said, making her head snap back towards the stage. Jack had handed his guitar over to Danny and Alex was giving his to Matt. She tried backing away but the guitarist quickly snatched her up and swung her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. She squirmed in his grip and until he finally put her down. Unfortunately, it was in the middle of the stage. "Everyone, meet Michelle Flyzik, Matt's little sister," Alex announced wrapping his arm around her shoulders so she couldn't get away. "It's her first show as an apprentice manager so we figured we'd show her a good time. Do you want to help?" he asked walking back up to his stand and placing his mike in it. "This next song is made for dancing, and I want you to go fucking wild! But don't forget to catch this one." He pointed at the younger Flyzik with his thumb, over his shoulder. She tried to make a run for it but Jack quickly stopped her. "This one's called Lost in Stereo," Alex called as Rian, Zack, Matt and Danny started to play the song. The singer approached the young woman and ducked down to grab her by her ankles while his best friend grasped her wrists. Despite Michelle's cries and pleads for them to put her down, they walked to the end of the stage and swung her a couple of times before letting her fly into the air. Her scream was drowned out by the music and she was momentarily scared for her life until she felt multiple hands hold her up and move her around the room. After a while she got back to the front and was pulled behind the barrier by a security guard. She flipped both Alex and Jack off before she made her way backstage.
"How was it?" Matt asked as she showed up. "I can't believe you let them do that to me," she pouted, moving away from the arm he tried to wrap it around her. "Hey, you're the one that wanted to learn the ropes of managing. With most bands, initiation to the crew is part of that process," he explained as the guys ran in from the stage. "How rad was that?" Alex asked her over the sound of the crowd chanting the band's name. She gave him the cold shoulder and picked up her brother's clipboard that was resting on one of the cases, pretending to be very interested in what was written on it. "Awwww, sorry to have upset you Minnie," Jack apologized, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head on her shoulder. "Jack you're all sweaty get off!" she squealed squirming out of his reach. "Alright guys, get your asses back out there and wrap this up," Matt instructed and they each grabbed their instruments. Jack however hung back a couple of seconds longer to shoot Michelle a small apologetic smile before a happy grin took it's place and he went back on stage to finish off the set.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, so turns out I'm going to be solo for this after all. I'm going to try my best, but I can't make any guaranties. I'm know for not finishing my stories. :P I hope you are all enjoying this so far. Chapter 3 should be up shortly. Don't be afraid to leave me a comment! I'd love to hear your feed back.
Also, I just wanted to warn you, if some details don't seem coherent at any time with the rest of the story, I've most likely gone back in previous chapters to chance some things so that they are. :)
That's all for now, thank you to those who read the first chapter and all of you who have subscribed! :D
It means the world to me! :) xo