Sequel: Walls
Status: Finished, sequel coming soon.

So Much For Keeping This Just Friends.

Chapter 4

A week had already gone by and it was their first day off. They had just arrived in Milwaukee after a five hour drive and the evening was just settling in. It had been an eventful week, filled with pranks, drinking, fun and obviously music. The gang had just gotten back from dinner and was getting ready for a night on the town.
“Does Alex always take this long in the shower?” Michelle asked Jack, looking up at him from where her head rested in his lap.
“Please, this is nothing. I supposed he’ll be there for another hour or so, afterwards, getting dressed for tonight,” he replied running his fingers through the girls hair.
The pair had become quite close over the past seven days. Despite her being mad about all the pranks that were being pulled, she had managed to get him back a few times, gaining his respect. They had similar attitudes as well, so they were a perfect match to become friends. The girl groaned closing her eyes.
“We’re going to be here forever,” she whined. “What are we going to do until he gets out? And I have to get ready too!”
“Take a picture with me while we wait then,” the boy suggested, pulling out his phone.
“No, no more pictures. It’ll just end up on the internet and you know I hate the comments it’ll surely get.” After seven days worth of pictures, she had gained a lot of followers on Instagram and on twitter, so that came with not only nice messages but as well as hate.
“You just have to ignore it Min,” her skunk haired friend told her. “They’re not important.” The young girl just shrugged and sat up.
“Come on, I won’t put it online I swear,” he vowed. “I just want a new lock screen photo.”
With a sigh she sat closer to him and smiled at his phone while he took the picture. “Don’t look at me,” she said turning her head to face him. “You’re supposed to look at the camera.” The shutter sounded again and he took another picture making her roll her eyes.
“Alright,” he agreed, looking at the screen and once they were both grinning like idiots, he took the picture.
“Let me see then,” she murmured, taking the device out of his hand and flipping through the three shots.
“I like that one,” Jack declared as she stopped on the second one, where they were both looking at each other, smiling softly. The girl rolled her eyes and handed him his phone back.
“Alright, who’s next?” Alex called, walking out of the bathroom. The pair got up from the couch in the back lounge and raced for the bathroom. Jack made it there first and slipped into the room, shutting and locking the door behind him.
“No fair Jack!” Michelle exclaimed, banging on the door multiple times. “It was supposed to be my turn!” Unfortunately, the only reply she got was the sound of the shower turning on. “That’s it, I’m going on We the Kings’ bus,” she declared, stuffing the things she would need in a bag before stomping off the bus. She walked across the parking lot to the red bus and knocked softly on the door. Travis was the one to push it open, revealing himself in a pair of dark jeans, a black V-neck with an unbuttoned pale blue dress shirt over it, as well as a black vest.
“Are you guys finally ready?” he asked with a grin.
“No they’re hogging the shower,” the girl pouted. “Can I borrow yours?”
“Of course,” the redhead chuckled letting her follow him into the bus. “Everyone’s ready here. We’re just waiting for you guys.”
“Hello boys,” she greeted them as she made her way into the tiny bathroom. It didn’t take her too long to wash up, dry and then curl her hair, put on a bit of makeup and slip into the dress she had brought with her.
Travis and Hunter stared at her wide-eyed while Danny chocked on his drink as she walked out of the bathroom.
“Holy shit I almost forgot you were a girl…” Hunter muttered, staring at her.
“Who knew we had a magical bathroom…” Travis added.
“I’ll take that as a compliment although I’m slightly offended,” Michelle replied smiling at them. “I’ll go see if my boys are finally ready, I’ll text you once we’re leaving.”
“In our defense, it’s your brother’s fault we see you the way we do!” Danny called after her, apparently having recovered from chocking. Michelle rolled her eyes knowing he was right, before she walked back onto her own bus.
“Oh hot damn,” Alex chanted as she stepped into view. “Minnie Flyzik is a woman and a fine what at that!” His eyes skimmed over her body as they had the first time he laid eyes on her this summer. She was wearing a short dress with a dark, sparkly bodice that had a slightly plunging V-neck and thin straps. The skirt however was a thin, floaty soft pink material that ended mid-thigh.
“Avert the eyes Gaskarth,” Matt warned, walking into the front lounge. The girl rolled her eyes at her brother and went to kiss the singer on the cheek.
“Thank you Alex,” she said patting his face. “You clean up pretty nice as well, even if you take way too long in the bathroom.” He was wearing a dress shirt tucked into a pair of dark skinny jeans with his sleeves rolled up.
“You look very handsome Matty,” she told her brother as she walked by him. He too was wearing a dress shirt and jeans. She went to her bunk to put down her knapsack, grab her clutch and a pair of black heals. As she finished slipping them on arms snacked around her waist.
“You look pretty Min,” Jack murmured in her ear. The girl felt a shiver run through her as his breath seeped into her ear and ran across her skin.
“I’d take a step back before Matt blows a fuse,” she whispered back, making the boy chuckle.

Soon enough everyone was ready and they all walked down the street together towards the club. They had already gone through a briefing by Matt. No one was allowed to make a move on his sister and if they saw a stranger doing so, they had to intervene. This just made Michelle horribly mad at her older sibling, and wanted to make sure to piss him off as much as she possibly could tonight. She was off duty after all and besides, he had his reasons for wanting to keep her away from the boys from All Time Low but from other guys? That was going too far. She was not going to spend the rest of her life alone because her brother couldn’t accept the fact that she wasn’t a child anymore.
After toasting to a great tour so far, and downing a shot, everybody spread out through the club. Some went to the bar; while others stayed at the table they had or went to the dance floor. Some were chatting with others from the tour or making new friends, particularly of the female gender. Michelle had stepped away from the table to go get herself a drink when someone came up and leaned against the bar next to her.
“Hey there. What’s a pretty girl like yourself doing here all by herself?” the man asked her. Her eyes quickly scanned the room looking for someone she knew, but it was useless. She’d have to handle this one herself.
“Oh, I’m far from being alone,” she replied, laughing lightly as she waited for the bartender to get to her.
“Doesn’t look that way, beautiful,” he reached over to grab her hand on top of the bar. She could feel his hand creeping up her back. This was getting creepy. Where was her over protective brother when she need him?
“Hey baby,” a familiar voice said as he wrapped his arms around her waist. “What’s taking so long? I was getting lonely.” She turned to grin up at Jack, silently thanking him for coming to her rescue.
“Take it up with the bartender,” she replied giggling lightly as the employee in question took her order. The guy who had once been beside her, had disappeared. “Thank you,” she said to Jack, turning to face him as he released his hold on her.
“Couldn’t let your brother down now could I?” he pointed out. Right, he was just following Matt’s orders. “Come on; let’s go back to the table.” He threw a couple of bills on the counter and grabbed the glass from the bartender as well as Michelle’s hand before dragging her across the room. A couple drinks later the pair were sufficiently buzzed and decided to make their way to the dance floor. The amount of people in such a small space made them press together as their bodies moved to the pounding music that was coming from the speakers. Michelle seemed to forget her brother’s speech from earlier and acted as she normally did when she was out clubbing. A couple songs later Jack’s arms were around her, his hands roaming up and down her sides as their bodies rubbed up against one another. She turned in his arms and he leaned his forehead against hers. This was the moment where they would stare into each other’s eyes for a while and then end up making out in the middle of the dance floor. But that couldn’t happen, not here, not with the amount of people they knew in close proximity to them.
“Let’s go back to the bus,” she shouted over the music. He looked at her for a long moment before nodding and grabbing her hand. They almost made it without being seen until they were a couple steps out of the door and they heard Matt call out to them.
“Hey, where are you guys going?”
“We’re heading back to the bus. This guy kept hitting on her and she wanted to get away,” Jack lied. “I didn’t want her walking back alone.”
“I’ll go with you,” the elder sibling offered. His sister was about to object, but Jack quickly cut in.
“We both know the others won’t make it out alive if you’re not there Matt. I can walk your sister back and guard the bus. She’s safe with me, no worries,” he reassured him.
The oldest thought about it for a moment and nodded. “Yeah, alright. I’ll see you later.”
He hugged his sister and patted Jack on the shoulder, thanking him, before heading back inside. Once he was gone the remaining boy grabbed the girls hand and tugged her back along to the tour bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, lucky you! :) Two updates in one day! :D
I'm going to try and update as much as I can since I go back to school in a week and won't be able to write as much.
Thank you so much for reading and I love hearing your feedback! :) x