Sequel: Walls
Status: Finished, sequel coming soon.

So Much For Keeping This Just Friends.

Chapter 5

Michelle jolted awake the next morning. Panic swooped over her for a moment until she realized that she was safe and sound in her bunk. Thank goodness. With a sigh she laid back down and tried to go back to sleep, unsuccessfully however. She pulled back her curtain and slipped out of her bunk, following the sound her Matt and Jack’s voices at the front of the bunk.
“She’s up, finally!” the younger boy exclaimed grinning at her. She smiled back at him, feeling slightly uneasy as she made herself a bowl of cereal.
“Jack told me what happened last night,” Matt said casually as he typed away at his laptop, making his sister choke on her breakfast and Jack chuckle.
“Go down the wrong pipe?” he suggested before continuing. “I promised him that I brought you back to the bus and we put on a movie until you passed out, but not before you stole one of my shirts seeing as I ruined yours with grape juice,” he said sheepishly.
“Right, thank you for the new shirt,” she replied, glancing down quickly, noticing and infamous Boner shirt covering her upper body. “Where is everyone else?”
“They went to explore the town. I’m going to go meet them, are you coming?” her brother asked, closing his laptop and standing up.
“I have to get ready…May take a while…”
“I’ll wait with her and we’ll meet up with you guys before lunch?” Jack suggested.
“Fine by me.” Michelle was confused at how easily Matt left the two together. Two days ago he would have flipped, but now, instead, he was waving at the two as he left the bus. Oh, if only he knew...
“What the fuck was that?” Michelle hissed, just in case Matt suspected them and was hiding outside the door, listening in.
“What?” her friend replied innocently.
“Oh you know what. Watching a movie was far from what we did last night.”
“Well, I wasn’t going to tell him what we really did now was I? I don't really appreciate getting my balls ripped off.”
“This is so messed up,” she groaned rubbing her hands over her face.
“Come on Michelle, we had sex, so what?”
“So what? We’ve totally betrayed my brother’s trust! Not to mention this is going to make things really awkward for the two of us now.”
With a sigh Jack took a seat beside her.
“It doesn’t have to be and your brother doesn’t even have to know. We were under the influenced and horny. We did what friends do best and we were there for each other in our time of need. That’s all, no awkwardness required. It happened once, it’s over.”
He had a point. They had both gotten what they wanted from each other last night. She couldn’t really say she regretted it either.
“You’re right. A one time thing,’ she agreed. She shot him a smile before he let her get up and go get ready for the day.
“So how did I end up in my bunk, fully dressed, may I ask?” she questioned, pulling her hair into a ponytail once she’d thrown on a Glamour Kills cut off tank top and a pair of jean shorts.
“Well you insisted on closing your eyes ‘for just a second’ while we were cuddling and not two minutes later you fell asleep. I figured it’d be best to put you in your bunk before your brother got back.” The girl nodded and slipped on a pair of Toms and Rayban sunglasses. "That's when he came in, as I was putting you in your bed. Believe me, I was scared I was going to lose my family jewels right then and there. That's when I told him we watched a movie, but he obviously had to pick up on the fact that I had put one of my shirts on you." He rolled his eyes. It was so typical of Matt to pick up on tiny, useless details that could completely ruin a perfectly good lie.
“Well thank you,” she said. “For everything.” A small smile appeared on her lips as the boys winked at her.
“It was my pleasure Minnie.” He placed a hand on the small over her back and guided her out of the bus so that they could go meet the others.

The whole day Michelle could feel the tension between her and Jack, silently hoping no one else would pick up on it. Despite agreeing that they wouldn't let it bother them, she couldn't help but feel a little awkward around him anyway. Besides, he had become much more...hands on in their friendship. He always had an arm slung around her shoulders or her waist, or he had his hand on her back or grasping her own, dragging her around town. To everyone else it seemed friendly, but to her, it was just confusing.
Once they had gotten back onto the bus Michelle cornered Jack in the back lounge. “What do you think you’re doing?” she hissed so no one else would hear her. Jack merely rolled his eyes at the young girl.
“I’m being your friend.”
“Since when have we had a touchy-feely relationship?”
“Always Min!” he exclaimed, causing her to glare at him. “I’m sorry if you’ve never noticed before,” he added in a lower tone.
The girl thought about it for a moment. Had they always been like that? If they had if felt…different now. She couldn’t really describe how, but it definitely wasn’t the same anymore.
The pair just stood there, staring each other down, not wanting to admit that the other was right, chests heaving from the argument. Neither could tell you who initiated it, but soon enough the girl was pressed up against the wall while the boy’s hands slipped under her shirt and ran up and down her sides. They both came to their senses soon enough and broke apart, chests heaving more then before.
“One time thing?” Jack whispered and Michelle nodded, quickly agreeing.
“Well, well, well, what’s going on back here?” Alex asked, hands on his hips as he surveyed the two.
“This one tried to steal my phone. I figured tickling her to death was an appropriate punishment,” Jack replied, doing just that, making the young girl squirm and beg for him to stop.
“Alex, help,” she whined, between giggles, but the singer just shook his head.
“Your phone’s on the floor dude,” was the only thing he said before grabbing his laptop from the table. "Now stop before Matt suspects something else from those sounds." He headed back out to the front lounge, leaving the divider open behind him.
“That was a close one,” Jack whispered as he leaned down to pick up his phone that had falling out of his pocket during there little moment.
“But it won’t happen again?” Michelle asked quietly, still leaning against the wall.
“Nope,” Jack agreed before pressing his lips to hers once more. The kiss was short and sweet this time, however. He pulled away with a small smile and left his manager’s sister to be alone with her thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but juicy! :D Keep your eyes open for another update today!