Status: Their may never be a second chapter to this, but I'm leaving it as unfinished because Until life is over it is unfinished.

This Story Doesn't Need a Name

To every one who says that all mothers love their children

To every one who says that all mothers love their children, you are wrong. To every one who thinks a mother is the most crucial necessity in her daughter’s life, you are also wrong. I often watch young girls and their moms when they walk by, I cannot help but envy them. I am not as fortunate as they are. I had a mother, technically I still do, but our relationship slowly deteriorated after my parents got a divorce when I was merely two months old. It got much, much worse when she moved to out of state. I saw her less and less until it was once every few months, at most. One evening in June what was left of our relationship dissolved into nothingness.

I sat in the passenger seat half asleep and watched as the roller coasters, games, and beach grew further behind me. My mother, sister, and I had all spent the day at the amusement park on the beach. All day I was keeping my great news to myself, thinking it would be the perfect way to end a surprisingly good day. My mother and I rarely had great days together. Today, though, every thing had gone smoothly and I was actually happy to spend time with her.

My mother and stepfather had been planning a vacation, which I wasn’t able to go on because of work. After weeks of begging my manager, she promised me the ten days off, so I could be with my family.

The car was silent and I though this would be the perfect time to tell my mother and sister my wonderful news. I turned to my mother with a huge grin on my face and told her that I had got the time off work. She seemed very happy, but after talking fro a while it became apparent she had told me the wrong days to take off work.

My mother insisted I get the week after off instead. I explained to her that it was not possible. Her voice grew louder and her face redder. I became very defensive and started to yell back. It didn’t take long before we were in a full-fled fight. We were screaming at each other the whole ride back to her mother and fathers, my grandmother and grandfathers, house.

It didn’t take long before was fed up and made a call to my grandmother on my Dad’s side, I call her Noni. I had asked her to pick me up, she agreed to come out with my grandfather, Nonu, to come get me. They lived about half an hour away so I ha to wait. The wait was long and far from peaceful.

For the first 5 minutes I locked myself in the car. I refused to go in the house with my mother. I could hear her screams from the house, as she grew more psychotic, trying to tell my grandmother and grandfather what had happened. It wasn’t long before she found a second set of car keys.

I herd the door click and I was nearly dragged from the car. The fighting continued and after a few minutes of pointless screaming she walked back in the house. I planted my self on the curb in front of the house. Before I could even rest for a second she marched out of the house with my grandmother. I was on the phone with my Noni telling her what had happened. My mother came up behind me and I quickly stood up.
The yelling continued until she went back in the house. She came out once more with my sister, then a final time with my grandfather. All of them telling me how I was acting like a child; maybe I was being a bit childish, but I was completely reasonable considering what happened next.

My mother came running out of the house. Before I could even fully stand up she was behind me gripping my phone trying to pry it from my fingers. I managed to stand up with her nearly on top of me. I inched toward the grass because I could see this could even very badly. I held my phone tight as pulled it away as she tried to take it away. Her hand slowly started to move from my phone to my arms. Her acrylic nails became a weapon. I felt them dig into my arms as she screeched down my arms. I was appalled. I grabbed my phone and ran away crying.

I walked down the street and called my Noni, who then called the police. She told me I had to wait in front of the house. So I walked back. By the time I got back I only had to wait about a minute before a cop car pulled up in front of the house. I was relived I was finally safe. Before he could ask me what happened my mother ran out of the house screaming. Anxiety filled my body again. The cop told my mother she had t wait in the house.

He took a police report and asked me about what happened. He then asked a shocking question. He asked me if I wanted to press charges against her. I am not a cruel person and of course I could not press charged against my own mother.

He went in and talked to my grandmother, grandfather, and mother. My sister was crying hysterically. After what seemed like hours my Noni and Nonu drove up to the front of the house. The cop finished talking to my mother and came out and informed me that I could leave with my Noni and Nonu. I thanked him and got in their car.

I watched out the window and watched as my mother grew further and further away, our relationship ruined forever. That was the last time I saw my mother. Since then I refuse to talk to her. She had done nothing but hurt me my whole life. I have a constant feeling of emptiness, some times even fear, but I keeping going, she doesn’t decide if my life is good or bad, I do.