Status: More to come(Custom layout works now)

Prophecy

Chapter 17: Paul

“What’s wrong with her?” I asked Leah as we walked down the stairs. Liz had such an empty expression.

“Those three down here gave her a scolding and may have triggered some of her unwanted memories.” Leah answered easily, “Way to go boys.”

“Something’s wrong with Liz?” Sam asked. He looked as though he already knew.

“She seemed scared and sad or something. I don’t know but she was kind of lifeless to like hiding.” I answered trying to describe her.

“I think it’s because of how you and Jake yelled at her…” Leah tried to explain.

“We didn’t yell at her Leah!” Jacob interrupted.

“Either way it brought up unwanted memories. She couldn’t even look up to face y’all. She spoke a lot softer than she did before and was even more ill at ease. So either she suddenly became extremely shy or endured extensive emotional abuse.” Leah concluded.

“So we still aren’t doing anything right by them. Way to go guys. Good job.” I declared cheerfully to shocked glares.

“Shut up Paul.” Sam sighed frustrated.

“Hit your head on the wall it’ll be easier.” I added sarcastically.

“Why the hell are you so cheerful?” Jake asked.

“I don’t know. That at this rate we’ll all die?” I joked.

Sam smacked me on the head. Well, no sense of humor at all today. Why am I happy? Maybe it’s from spending a few hours with her even if she started to sleep. I didn’t watch her. I’m not some strange creeper in a corner just watching her. I had fixed the window and just thought of different things. Maybe it was just because I knew she was near.

“Well I think that’s enough fun for the day. I’ll go relieve the others. Come on Quil.” Jacob said getting up.

“Thanks Jake. Once this all calms down, Paul and I will pick up the slack.” Sam answered.

“I know, just make sure the girls are staying.” He answered back.

“I’m heading out too.” Leah yelled as she walked out.

“Aren’t you leaving?” Sam asked eyeing me.

“Nope!” I said plopping down in one of the chairs. “So what’s bugging you ‘oh great leader?’”

"What do you care Paul? Go home.” He groaned frustrated.

“Nope, I’m here come on talk. We’re technically kinda stuck in this together. So what’s on your mind?” I pushed.

“I just don’t get it. What are we doing wrong to make everything go so horrible? She’s pushing all of us away.” He sighed exasperated.

“It’s not your fault. We all just need to cool it a bit and hope she’ll change her mine. Especially since it seems like her sister really wants to stay awhile longer.” I told him thoughtfully.

“Maybe. It’s just so frustrating.” He argued once again aggravated.

“There’s still the wall. Hit your head a few times it’ll help.” I said.

“Why don’t you try it out first.” Sam retorted.

“I could but what fun would that be? Just let things work out by itself. I mean I don’t think the spirits, or whatever they are, would ring them to us just so they can leave. Unless, they want us dead. Then they’re on the right track.” I stated smiling.

“I give up. I’m going to bed. Go home Paul.” Sam said walking up the stairs though he seemed to be dragging himself really.

“Whatever.” I muttered to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
*A/N: I know it's been long sorry. I know it may seem like the story is dragging a little, or maybe its my horrible updating skills, but i hope yall will stick with the story. As i said before a time jump is coming in about two more chapters. i'll update soon. hopefully..*