Status: Hiatus

Don't Speak, Liar

006

When I walk into the bus, Andy and Dave are inside. I can’t see them, but I can hear them yelling in the back. The two aren’t fighting exactly, but they’re arguing about the game they’re playing on xbox. I shut the door loudly, to get their attention, but they don’t hear me. I shout hello to them, which this time they heard. Dave yells back for me to join them, so I do.

“Hey guys!” I say as I get to the back lounge. Andy is standing, xbox controller in his hand, looking irrationally upset. I immediately feel terrible when I look at his face and see the bruise I gave him. When he sees me, he lets one hand go of the controller and waves at me.

Dave is sitting down on the leather couch. He’s currently messing with the Hurley shirt hat he’s wearing. His legs are crossed and his controller is resting on them. Both of the men look gorgeous and comfortable, making me immediately comfortable.

“What’s up?” Dave asks.

I sit down next to Dave. “I just got back from lunch.” The two nod and Andy mentions that he’s hungry. When he looks at me again, I can’t help but stare at his bruise. “Andy, I just thought I’d tell you I’m awfully sorry about punching you last night. You didn’t deserve that.”

Immediately, Dave starts cracking up. “He totally did, don’t apologize,” he says between chuckles.

Andy flips Dave off, and then looks at me with a small smile. “It’s totally okay, Morg. I’ll be getting my revenge soon.”

“Yeah, whatever,” I laugh. I watch the boys play games in the back. The insults they were spewing earlier have subsided, and we’re all now just talking. Andy tells me he wishes he brought his girlfriend, Ashley, on tour with us because he feels bad I’m the only girl. I laugh, telling him it’s no big deal. The music industry is primarily testosterone. I knew what I was getting into the moment I started making music. Andy says he understands, but he still wishes Ashley came, which is understandable. Long distance relationships are difficult.

While we’re talking, I check my Twitter on my phone. Someone posted a video clip of Kyle and I singing today, and it was just wonderful. The feedback we’ve gotten is incredible. More of the praise is aimed towards Kyle, because he’s singing a much different genre he’s accustomed to. I understand completely. His voice is incredible and deserves the praise he’s getting. I retweet the video, mentioning Kyle and thanking him publicly for helping me out with such a wonderful song. Warped Tour just started and magic is already being made.

As it gets later, more people pile into the bus. I get a little claustrophobic, so I leave. I spend some time at the Full Sail tent, meeting fans. I spend a couple hours also just watching bands. By sundown, the last band is playing. I’m starting to get tired, so I walk myself back to my bus.

The bus is full of people when I get inside. I’m shocked to see this much activity still. The weather is beautiful, and I figured everybody would want to be out enjoying it or being social. Everybody greets me, though, which is a nice feeling. I wave back to everybody and walk over to my bunk.

It’s extremely hot inside the bunk area. It’s probably hotter than it is outside. I set my phone down on the bed. It’s dead now, and since I don’t know where exactly my charger is, I decide to leave it there. My original plan was to lay in my bunk, but the heat is making me want to be anywhere but the bunks.

I head to the back lounge where Shaun, Kyle, and Eric are hanging out. I sit down by Shaun and greet the boys. “There’s Morganne!” Shaun smiles. I guess I give him a puzzled look because he quickly adds, “We were just talking about you.”

“About what?” I can’t help but wonder. I know Shaun wouldn’t have anything negative to say about me, but I don’t know what this group could potentially be saying about me. Also, I’m getting nervous butterflies from seeing Kyle. This is the first time laying eyes on him since my conversation with Michael, and I can’t help but feel nervous. Just knowing that he feels like he wants to really get to know me and is actually talking about me makes me so nervous, but also incredibly happy.

“There’s a party again tonight. On this tour, there’s usually parties every night. But we were wondering if you’d want to come with us,” Eric says.

I shake my head, giving the boys a smile. “I’ll pass for tonight. I’m not much of a partier, honestly.”

“Do you want me to stay with you?” Shaun asks.

I know he doesn’t want to, so I immediately decline his offer. “Make new friends, Shaun. I know you want to. Just because I don’t drink doesn’t mean you don’t have to.”

Shaun smiles, getting up from his seat. “We’ll get lunch tomorrow or something.” I nod, and he motions to the pack of cigarettes in his pocket. I know what he means, so I tell him to go ahead. I redirect my attention to the two boys beside me.

“You really don’t drink that much?” Eric asks.

“Hardly ever,” I respond.

“That’s dope. I never hear that anymore.” Eric gets up and stretches. “I’ll definitely catch you later, Morganne. Are you coming, Kyle?”

Kyle hesitates. He glances at me, over to his bandmate, and back at me. “I, uh, actually think I’ll stay back.”

Eric looks surprised by Kyle’s answer. He shrugs and mutters under his breath that he must be going crazy. Kyle never misses an opportunity to drink. But Eric leaves anyway, and I’m left alone with Kyle.

“Why are you staying?” I try to ask casually, but I’m positive I don’t sound as carefree as I want to. I feel awkward, even though I wish I wasn’t.

“The bus will be empty. Everybody parties here. I’d like to get to know you, and I can drink other nights.” He sounds cool and collected. I want to say something, but I can’t find the words. I just smile instead, and he smiles back.

Our noisy bus turns quiet almost instantly as people leave to party. I wonder if Kyle regrets his decision to stay with me, but I can’t tell. It seems too early to tell. “I think I’m going to change. I’ll be right back.”

I head to the bunk area and get my suitcase. I grab teal sweatpants and a white Taking Back Sunday shirt. When I get up, Kyle is standing next to me awkwardly. “I wanted to change too,” he says, holding up a pair of basketball shorts.

“It’s so hot in here, I don’t blame you.” I laugh as I head to the bathroom to change. In the bathroom, I compose myself. After I change, I look in the mirror. I mentally tell myself I have nothing to be nervous about. I’m a good person. I won’t make a fool out of myself. If I just act like Kyle is Shaun, I’ll be just fine. After all, Kyle is just a boy.

An insanely gorgeous, kind boy.

When I get out of the bathroom, I find Kyle in the back lounge, just like before. He’s wearing just a pair of basketball shorts. He’s sitting, but I can tell they’re low on his hips. I let out a nervous breath and sit next to him, reminding myself there’s no need to be nervous.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” I ask. Movies are a great escape. They make tension go away, and everything seems more casual.

“It depends on the movie,” He says, giving me a lopsided smile.

“I have a great collection of 80’s movies on my laptop,” I grin. 80’s movies have always been my favorite, truth be told. Kyle asks if I have The Evil Dead, and I nod, telling him I have the collection. “Where should we watch it?” I ask as I go grab my laptop.

“My bunk? It’s lower and air conditioned a little better. I know it’s small... but, we can watch it somewhere else, if you want.”

“It’s perfect. I’m pretty small anyway,” I laugh. We squeeze into his bunk, in a comfortable position, actually. As the movie starts, I lean into Kyle, resting my head on his shoulder. I can’t help but inhale his scent, and, while I can’t tell what exactly he smells like, I absolutely love it.

Ironically, we do not spend much time paying attention to the movie. Kyle and I talk about our lives. Personal things, like our families, religious beliefs, and favorite things. We talk about what we love in people and absolutely hate. The more I talk to Kyle, I love what he’s about. In the back of my head though, I wonder about the rumors Michael confirmed. The conversation is going so well, but I don’t want to ruin the conversation with asking about it. Instead, I decide to ask him why he jumped into writing and singing a song with me so quickly.

“I don’t know. I don’t usually do tracks with people outside my band, but I just have a good feeling about you. You have great music and a wonderful voice. I like who you are as a person, so far. There were definitely more pros than cons when it came to singing a song with you.”

“Thank you!” I say, grinning. “That’s so sweet of you.”

“It’s true,” He responds, smiling back.

Kyle’s cocoa eyes lock into my green orbs. His hand scoots over to mine slowly, and I grab it with mine. We inch closer together. Our lips get closer together. And then it happens. Feeling our chemistry taking over, and my nervousness subsiding, I put my other hand onto the side of his face. My fingers move slightly, soothingly. I pull him closer to me, and he follows my motions. Our lips connect. I have the best kiss of my life with Kyle.

His lips are soft, maybe even softer than mine. When I part momentarily for air, his teeth gently sink into my bottom lip. He tugs my lip slightly, and once he lets go he lets his tongue glide where he just bit. His playfulness is refreshing, and I return it.

When we both pull apart from each other, he gives me a goofy smile. “I’ve been wanting to do that the moment I laid eyes on you.”

I giggle, kissing his cheek. “Me too”