Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

Ready or not.

The next morning Oliver woke up alone on the couch. He didn't remember falling asleep, then again, he wished he didn't remember a lot of things from last night.

The boy sighed and messed with his hair as he sat up. The one thing he was certain of though was that he was going to suck it up and show her he wanted to be with her.

"Hey, what are you doing in here?"

Oli looked up to see Emerson walking in still in her pajamas which consisted of not enough fabric for him to stay sane.

"Fell asleep out here. Matty wouldn't shut up." He lied a bit and the girl chuckled before sliding into the seat beside him.

Oli watched her as she rubbed her eyes. A smile lined his lips at the innocence of it all. This is why he wanted to be with her. This is why he loved her.

"Let me take you on a date."

Emerson looked at him so quickly she got a little dizzy.

"What?"

"Yeah. A date. You and me."

"Do you mean that?"

"I mean everything when it comes to you." He said so calmly, he was surprised he had it in him.

She just stared at him in surprise and he leaned in, brushing her hair back behind her ear.

"So what do you say? Will you?"

Emerson forced herself to nod and he pressed his lips to her forehead.

"Yes?"

"Yeah." She whispered and he wrapped his arms around her waist, "Today?"

"Sure."

He grinned and kissed her cheek gently. He couldn't stop his lips from trailing over her jaw, and softly to her neck. He pressed firm kisses to her skin as he took in her scent that still made him a bit weak. Her breathing was now irratic and she shut her eyes as his hand moved from her waist to her side.

"7 ok?" He asked against her shoulder and she had to make herself speak, "uh, um, yeah."

"Brill. I'll see you then." He responded raising up to look at her eyes. Emerson simply nodded and he pecked her nose, "Can't wait, love." He whispered before moving from his seat.

The girl watched him leave the room and return with his shoes now on and jacket in his hand.

"See you soon, Em." He spoke as he headed to the door not believing he had the nerve to do what he did.

Emerson sat there completely stunned simply from all that happened. Was he serious about this? She really hoped so.

"What is up with everyone sitting there all creepy in silence and what not?"

She heard and looked up to see Matty. She shrugged in confusion and he chuckled falling into an empty chair across from her.

"Oli and you are more alike than you assume."

Emerson rolled her eyes and he chuckled, "Wait, where is he?"

"He just left."

Matty looked at her with a raised eyebrow and Emerson sighed, "He asked me on a date."

"What?" Matty asked a bit stunned and the girl simply nodded.

"Holy shit. Like a real date?"

"We'll, I sure hope so..."

Matty laughed, "I'm sure so. I just can't believe he had it in him."

Emerson shrugged and Matty continued, "Don't stress over it. He cares about you a lot. He's just nervous is all."

She nodded and a smile hit his lips, "Why don't you get dressed and we can go pick up some breakfast. We both know we will never be able to get your sister up."

Emerson laughed, "Very true. Ok, give me ten."

The pair both went into seperate rooms to get ready and by no surprise Emerson was the last to finish.

"Ready?" He asked as she walked in the living room.

She nodded as she grabbed her bag up and the pair left, locking the door behind them.

"So, what time is your date?" Matty asked as they drove in silence.

Emerson groaned, "7."

"Well don't sound too happy..."

"Well, I just don't want to get my hopes up is all."

Matty glanced at her before focusing back on the road, "You won't. If he asked, he means it. Trust me, he likes you. He really does."

Emerson sighed and looked out the window. For her sake she really hoped he was sure about that.

Oli was a nervous wreck to say the least and he had a good 6 hours before he had to see the girl. He paced his living room floor as he went over every possible scenario in his head. He was now wondering if this was a good idea. Before he could officially talk himself out of it Tom came busting in the front door and he looked at his brother with a frustrated face Tom knew too well.

"Mate, what's wrong?" Tom asked closing the door behind him and Oli sighed, "Surprised she hasn't called you."

"Who? Em?"

Oli nodded and Tom groaned, "What did you do?"

"Nothing! Well, I um, I asked her on a date."

"Really?" Tom asked, surprise in his voice as he stood in front of Oli.

"Yes! And now, I just..." Oli groaned tugging on his messy hair.

"Relax. It's just her..."

"I know, I'm just worried. What if who I am dating isn't the me she likes? What if I suck at this? What if..."

Tom immediately cut him off, "Oliver, do you hear yourself right now? It'll be fine. Relax. You're going regardless."

"I don't even know where to take her. I haven't done this in foreva."

"Ok, well, I'll help you think of something."

Oli sighed and fell onto the couch. This was stressful. He now remembered why he didn't do this.

"Just take her to dinner and go from there. Come on, you hang out with her 24/7. She knows how you are."

"Ok. Yeah." He mumbled and Tom chuckled, "I can make reservations for you."

"That would be great."

Tom nodded as he fell onto the couch, fiddling with his phone so he could find a certain number.

"Where?"

"I don't bloody care. Just somewhere nice."

Tom nodded and Oli tried to cool himself down.

"It'll be fine, man. The reason you hate it so much is because you work yourself up. It's just her. You know her. Calm down before you have a stroke."

Oli rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms over his chest. He knew he was over reacting he just couldn't help it.

"I just told myself I wouldn't do this and yet here I am."

"Yeah, well things change. She's different from all the others. It wouldn't make sense to not at least give her a chance or to prove to yourself that you're able to actually be in a relationship."

"She's just so, innocent. That it terrifies me."

"And yet you clearly respect her because of it."

"I do. I just, I don't want her to feel pressured."

"Oli, you just don't get it. She is in love with you. Whether you believe it or not. So I'm positive she doesn't feel that way. I mean, how she is in love you is beyond me, but you know..." Tom joked and Oli rolled his eyes, "Yeah, well it's beyond me too."

"I guess the real question is do you feel the same?"

Oli began to fidget in his seat causing a smirk to fall on Tom's lips.

"You love her, huh?"

"I, well, I..."

"Holy shit." Tom mumbled, not needing a yes to confirm his brother's feelings.

"I don't. I can't, right?" Oli asked seriously and Tom rolled his eyes, "Do you hear yourself, mate? Clearly, you do."

Oli groaned and relaxed in his seat, "This is bullshit."

Tom chuckled, "How so?"

"I mean, why can't she just be like every otha girl?!"

"I don't really think that's her fault..."

Oli sighed as he tried to sort out his own feelings. Did he really love her? And if he did, was this whole date thing a good idea or would it just make things even more complicated? Right now, he just wasn't sure and he hated going into something without knowing what the outcome would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look at me updating earlier than usual and what not!

Oli's slowly coming to terms with his feelings. We will see what that means for Emerson... ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Neverqivein
ShaniceJillian
Deadmessages
MedicatedDreams
TravelerSoul
Abmora01
Victims0facrime
:)