Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

Give in to me.

Oliver talked Emerson into hanging out at his place and they drove the small distance back from the restaurant. Oli knew no one would be there and it eased him more so than say running into Heather at her place.

The pair sat in the living room. An uncomfortable silence filling the two and Oli didn't understand why. He thought his confession would make it all better.

He watched her as she fiddled with his nails and he finally breathed in to speak, "Are you nervous round me?"

Emerson's head shot up and she looked at him with innocent eyes, "What? No."

"It's ok if you are."

"I'm not. I promise."

He didn't bother to respond, just reached out to touch her hair and gently brush it behind her ear.

"You know, you're simply beautiful." He whispered and she tried to control the butterflies filling her stomach as her cheeks flushed.

Oli boldly leaned in, kissing her sweetly until she began kissing him back. He didn't know if it was the fact that they both wanted each other or what, but the pair ended up in a heated make out session on his couch. His shirt ended up on the floor and once hers came off it was like reality hit him in the face and he immediately pulled off the girl in a panic.

"Oli...you ok?" She asked concern in her voice as she sat up on her elbows.

"I, uh, this is going too far. We should stop."

"Ok?"

Oli groaned and ran his fingers into his hair, "Sorry, I just, don't want you to feel pressured or think I can't handle you saying no."

"Oli, I don't think either."

"Still...you're you and I just, I don't want to screw it up because I am a guy."

She rolled her eyes, "You're not going to mess it up."

He sighed as she messed with his hair, "Stop over thinking everything."

"I can't help it. You're so perfect it scares me."

"I am not."

"You are."

Emerson rolled her eyes and sat in his lap, "You're ridiculous."

He shrugged and placed his arms around her, "I could've told you that."

Emerson kissed his cheek and he grasped her waist tightly, "Will you stay the night?"

"If you want me to."

"I do." He responded truthfully for once.

"Why?" The girl challenged and he sighed relaxing his head on the back of the couch, "Because I like waking up to you."

"Because you love me." She stated as she raised up and he sighed as her forehead touched his.

"Mhm." He mumbled his hands running up her back as he tried not to focus on her words.

She kissed his lips and he held her to him, "You make this so hard, Em."

"What?"

"My life!"

Emerson laughed, "How?!"

"Because, I want so badly to just take you to my room!"

"You make it sound so horrible."

Oli sighed, "I know it isn't horrible that I'm beyond attracted to you, but still..."

"Ok, ok. I won't kiss you anymore."

"Wait, what?" He frowned as he grabbed her before she could move from him.

"I'm helping you out!"

"Bullshit! That's torture!"

She moved from his lap and grabbed up her shirt causing him to groan, "You're not as nice as I tell everyone."

Emerson giggled, "I am so."

"Bullshit. You just said you don't wanna kiss me anymore!"

"I didn't say that I don't, I'm just saying we won't for your sake."

"That's my shirt, baby." He spoke smoothly as a smile hit his lips noticing she had grabbed the wrong black shirt now that it was on.

She shrugged, "God thing I'm staying the night then."

"Should I sleep in another room?" She teased and he quickly followed her up the stairs, "You are really pushin' it, woman."

She laughed as she kicked off her shoes and he watched her from the doorway of his bedroom. He did in fact love her. Every part of him screamed that he did. He just didn't know how to tell her. Then again, the thought alone terrified him.

The girl shimmied from her jeans and he had to focus on breathing as she climbed into his bed where he wanted her to be with even less clothing. Oli shut his eyes tightly trying to cool himself down. Once he was ok, he slid off his shoes and jeans and joined her in the bed.

He turned on his side to face her and a grin hit her lips once their eyes met.

"Come here baby." He mumbled grasping the shirt that hung loosely on her body.

She scooted closer until there legs tangled together.

"Oli..."

"Mhm?" He mumbled shutting his eyes, feeling complete now that she was with him.

"So, where exactly do we stand?"

Oli's eyes cracked open as silence filled the two. His thoughts now taking over.

"You're my girlfriend, Em." He mumbled, his forehead touching hers as he grasped a handful of her shirt against her back.

"You sure you want that?"

"I want it. I swear. Just you." He whispered kissing her lips.

"Ok."

"If you want to be that is..."

"I've been yours since we met, Oliver."

"You've had me since then as well, love."

She cuddled to his chest and he sighed as her body met his. It felt perfect against his. He ran his fingers under her shirt as he shut his eyes hoping sleep would take over as his fingertips traced her smooth skin. He could get use to this.

The next morning Oli woke up for once well rested, even if he was tangled up with Emerson. A weak grin hit his lips as he glanced at the girl still sleeping peacefully beside him. He gently pulled away from her trying not to wake her as he tip toed to the bathroom.

He closed the door quietly and sighed as he relaxed his hands on the sink. His eyes met his own in the mirror and he studied himself for a moment. Was he really in a relationship? Was he really about to put himself through this again? Then again, would it be like all the others? Emerson was unlike anyone he had ever met before. She stirred something in him he hadn't felt in years. How could something so great be wrong?

Oli shook his head, getting rid of the bad thoughts as he reached for his toothbrush. He would just take this one day at a time. The boy managed to get ready for the day and headed down to the kitchen to make something for breakfast. He settled on coffee, deciding once she was up he would take her anywhere she wanted. He wasn't much of a cook.

"How long have you been awake?" He heard and glanced over to see Emerson in the doorway.

"Not long."

She nodded, running her hand through her hair, "Could have woke me."

"Nah, there was no point. Plus, you looked like you were sleeping good. Couldn't interrupt, love." He grinned holding out a coffee mug for her.

She thanked him and he grinned as he poured coffee into the cup for her.

"Do you have plans for the day?"

She shook her head no, "I don't think so." She whispered sipping on the warm liquid.

"Would you be willing to spend the day with me?" He asked, placing his hands on the counter behind her, pinning her between it and him.

"Would you be willing to talk like someone from this century?"

"Are you making fun of me?" He asked, an amused grin now on his lips.

"No, I just feel like I'm in a romantic comedy featuring Hughe Jackman with an 1800's plot line."

Oliver laughed, "I really am not trying to sound like that. I assume to you yanks with your boring language it sounds odd."

Emerson glared at him and he chuckled, "You started it."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Like that, can't you just say yes?"

"Can't you just say the r in my name?" She challenged with a smirk. The two stared at each other and before they knew it they both were laughing.

"You're a silly girl."

She rolled her eyes and he placed his fingers under her chin, "So I neva got an answer."

"To what?"

Oli groaned, "If you would like to spend the day with me."

"Aren't you tired of me, Sykes?"

"No." He responded seriously as he focused on his fingers tracing up her jaw.

"I could neva get tired of you." He added softly and she grasped her cup tightly as nerves filled her body.

"Well, what do you have in mind?" She finally got out and he shrugged, pulling his hand from her face, "I don't know."

She breathed in, able to breathe normal now that he wasn't touching her. She sat the cup down gently before turning back to face him. He grinned at her as he leaned against the counter across from her.

"Why don't we start with some food?"

She nodded, "Ok, then maybe a stop by Heather's so I can change and what not?"

"If you'd like, yes."

"Ok." She whispered back as she brought her fingers to her lip. A nervous habit of hers.

"I meant what I said you know."

Her eyes met his and he continued, "The whole boyfriend thing. I meant it."

She didn't dare speak and he stepped to her, gently grabbing her hand and pulling it from her mouth, "I just need you to be certain. Really think about it, Em. Is this what you want? Because if you say yes there is no going back to how we are."

Emerson stared into his brown eyes as her heart raced at his words. The fact that he was the one pressuring her now was new and she didn't know how to handle it.

"I told you I loved you." She mumbled and he nodded, "Right, but do you truly want to be with me?"

Emerson finally nodded and he wrapped his arms around her, "Yes?"

"Yeah."

Oli rolled his eyes with a smirk, "Good." He mumbled before pressing his lips to hers.

"Go get your shoes on so we can go."

Emerson did as told and grabbed up her bag not bothering to change out of his shirt. It was weird really. Oliver now her boyfriend. It really was hard to grasp. She was certain it would be even worse when Heather found out. The thought alone made her groan as she entered the livingroom.

"What's wrong?" Oli asked grabbing up his keys.

"Can we just be a secret? The thought of telling Heather is terrifying."

Oliver couldn't help but laugh as he grasped her hand, "Oh no love, in fact I shal march ova there right now and tell her and laugh in her face!"

"Oliver!"

Oli chuckled as they got to the car and he opened the door for her.

"She's going to have to accept it now, love. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

"I know, but still..."

"Yeah, well tell her you hate Matt so your even."

"But I don't."

"But you can pretend!"

Emerson laughed, "I'll think of something."

Oli leaned in and pecked her lips, "I know you will."

Heather was the last thing he was worried about. He didn't care who knew even if the fact of being in a relationship scared not only everyone else, but himself.

He just didn't want to let Emerson down...
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh just updating in a week time! NBD! :p

And am I the only one who cannot wait for Heather to find out about them?!

Thanks for commenting;
TravelerSoul (Oh you're so very welcome. Ha.)
ShaniceJillian
Hanyolosolo (We will worry about that when it happens! Lol)
Abmora01
Victims0facrime
Deadmessages
Rachemical
:)