Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

Innocence.

Oliver and Emerson arrived at his clothing store about 15 minutes later and Emerson seemed to chuckle as she got out of the car.

"Drop dead? Keep it classy."

The boy laughed as he grabbed her hand and pulled her to the door which he quickly unlocked. Emerson looked around as he locked them inside and turned on more lights.

He watched her as she scanned over the graffiti on the walls, "So..."

"Pretty neat."

"Neat? Is that an American term?"

The girl laughed, "Yes. In other words, pretty cool."

He nodded with a grin as he crossed his arms and leaned against the counter as she went through the racks of clothing.

"Take what you like." He said coolly and her eyes shot to his, "What?"

"Is that your 3rd question?" He mused and she laughed as she shook her head no and continued what she was doing.

"I'll repeat myself though, I said take what you like."

She shook her head no, "I'm not doing that."

"Why not? It's my stuff."

"Exactly."

Oliver rolled his eyes, "It's my stuff and I want you to take what you like."

"You're bossy."

He laughed, "Told you I can be an asshole."

"Well, you did warn me, huh?" She asked with a grin as she brushed her hair behind her ear.

A smile hit his lips, "Right, I did."

She chuckled and he stepped over to her.

"This will look good on you." He said calmly grabbing a shirt from the rack and she groaned as he placed it over her shoulder.

"Seriously. Take it. Helps my business when pretty girls are wearing my things."

"Oh and tell me Mr. Sykes, how many times have you used that on someone?" She asked calmly moving to another thing of clothes simply so he couldn't see the blush residing on her cheeks.

Oliver let out a laugh, "Neva. Although you may be right, I should give it a go."

"Let me know how that goes for you."

"I will." He responded lowly as he watched her carefully.

"Wait. Is this a ploy?" She asked spinning around to look at him.

"A what?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You know, like are you trying to take advantage of me here? So I get free clothes and what are you trying to get in return?"

Oliver couldn't help but start laughing, "Wow. Who thinks like that?! No, I'm not trying to get in your pants, ok?"

"Just asking. Afterall, I don't know you."

"Yeah? Well, Most people say that before they get in a car with a stranga not aftawards."

She shrugged and he smirked in amusement. She was something else.

"Oli!" She said startling him from his thoughts and he looked up to see her standing at the window. He quickly stepped to her in fear something had happened only to see her smiling.

"What is it?" He asked confused once he realized there was nothing outside.

"It's snowing."

"Yes, yes it is. That is what they call those white flakes, huh?"

She elbowed him and he laughed, "It snows all the time here."

"It never snows in Arizona. This is awesome. I don't think I've ever seen snow in person."

"Really?" He asked and she nodded. He smiled and grabbed the few shirts she had in her hand and sat them on the nearest table.

"Come on." He said grabbing her hands.

"Where are we going?"

He ignored her words as he grabbed up a pair of gloves and she watched as he slid them onto her hands.

"Oli..."

"What? It's bloody cold and if we are going to play in the snow we have to be prepared. Especially you, little Arizona." He said before pulling a beanie onto her head. She blew air from her mouth trying to blow the hair from her face but failing. He grinned and brushed it back tucking it into the beanie.

"Thanks." She whispered and he nodded as he zipped up her jacket. She just watched him as he did the same for himself before heading to the door.

"You coming?" He asked and she nodded quickly following behind him. He stepped aside letting her out before shutting the door. She couldn't fight back the smile that hit her lips. She didn't care if something so small made her so happy.

Oliver watched the girl spin around in the empty street giggling as the snow fell around her. A smile hit his lips at the innocence of it all.

"This is so awesome."

Oli laughed, "It's nothin' special."

"It is." She said as she stared down the street watching the snow fall heavily.

Oli leaned over and shoveled some snow into his hand and quickly balled it up and threw it at the girl. Emerson squealed and turned to face him as he laughed, "Not so great now, huh?"

She glared at him and he quickly made another snow ball.

"Oli...no." She threatened and he snickered before gently hitting her with the snow.

"Oli!"

He laughed which was quickly cut off by him being hit by a ball of snow.

"Oh, now it's on!"

The pair were of course then thrown into a snow ball fight that the girl quickly lost.

"Ok! Oli! You win! I can't feel my nose anymore!" She squealed as she sprinted to the door of his shop.

He laughed and quickly pulled her into the warmth of the store. She rubbed her hands together to warm herself and Oli chuckled as he threw off his gloves.

"Still like it?"

"Yep."

He laughed as he watched her shake from the cold.

"Here." He spoke before stepping to her and rubbing her arms.

"I'm dying."

He laughed, "You're going to be fine."

She shook her head and he grinned, "Your cheeks are so red."

"It isn't funny."

He chuckled and placed the palm of his hands on her cheeks to bring back the warmth to her face. For some reason he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of hers. The pair stood in silence before he cleared is throat breaking up the awkwardness he now felt, "So, I was just thinking...I basically kidnapped you."

She giggled, "Did not."

"Did so."

"Well, apparently my sister hasn't noticed."

"Mhm. I don't see how tht's possible. Where is your phone?"

"In your car."

"Of course." He chuckled, "The cops are probably going to be after me now if she's called and has not gotten a hold of you."

She rolled her eyes and he dropped his hands, "Well, come on, let's head to the car so I can get you home. Don't forget your shirts."

She groaned and he smirked as she snatched the shirts he had given her from the table.

"Don't get an attitude." He teased and she chuckled as he pulled her from the shop, locking the door behind them.

One in the car, he quickly started it as she rubbed her hands together for warmth.

"So, I know you don't want to go back there."

"Right, I don't."

Oliver chuckled, "Where are you staying?"

"At my sister's."

"Oh well, yes, I should have figured that."

"Do you know where she lives?"

"That I do."

"Then lead the way good sir."

Oliver chuckled once more and made the short journey to the familiar apartment complex. He had picked Matt up several times from here so it wasn't that difficult to find.

Once they parked their eyes immediately met and she quickly spoke, "Thanks for tonight, Oli. Seriously, I had a lot of fun."

Oli smiled, "Strangely I did as well."

"Strangely?!"

Oli laughed, "I had fun, Em."

A grin hit her lips and he spoke once more, "Come on. I'll walk you to the door."

"Oh, you don't have to."

"I want to. Come on."

The girl nodded and quickly got out of the car meeting him on the sidewalk. She glanced over at him as they walked at a fast pace to avoid being in the cold longer then they had to.

"Thanks again." She spoke as they reached the door. Oli nodded as he came to a stop. He stared at her in thought as he shoved his hands back into his coat pockets. He wanted to ask the girl for her number, get to know her more, but for some reason he couldn't find the nerve to do so.

"We should hang out again. You've unoffically became my friend now and well, it's your friend duty to do so." Emerson stated and a smile hit Oliver's lips, "Is that right?"

She nodded innocently as she held the shirts to her for warmth.

"I'd love to hang out with you again." He said honestly and she grinned.

"How about I take you to lunch tomorrow?"

"I was kidding, Oli. You don't have to."

He chuckled, "No, I want to."

"Ok..."

"I'll pick you up at noon. Goodnight, Arizona." He spoke with a wink and she tried not to blush as he walked away.

What had she gotten herself into?

Once inside the apartment she dropped her bag on the couch with a sigh as she tried to decide if she needed to just lock the door and go to sleep or wait on her sister. The girl more than likely wouldn't be coming home tonight. She never did when Matt was involved.

Emerson swiftly walked back to the door reaching for the lock right as a knock stopped her in her tracks. Confused, she opened the door only to be faced with Oliver again.

Her eyes narrowed together, curious as to why he was back.

"You know, it would be nice if my new friend gave me her numba." He said with a smirk and she blushed immediately, "Oh yeah. I can do that."

He held out his phone for her and she quickly grabbed it to type in her information. He watched her intriqued by who she was really. He wanted to know everything he could about her for some reason. Maybe it was because the vibe he got from her was amazing.

He didn't feel the need to question her motives or if she was putting up a front. He truly felt like in front of him was a sweet, vibrant girl who's innocence made him want to protect her from the harsh reality of the world. It was like she wasn't aware of it yet and the thought of it corrupting her made him angry.

"There you go." Emerson stated causing him to finally blink, "Ok. Brill. I'll see you tomorrow then, love."

She nodded and the pair said goodnight for the second and final time before going their seperate ways. Both of them anticipating tomorrow's possibilities...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty excited about this story. Thanks for subscribing. :3

Thanks for commenting;
Fallen_dust
Wowfairy13
Vivid Dreams
:)