Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

Family affairs.

"So, are we going to ever talk about what happened at the restaurant?" Oli asked as the pair climbed into bed.

"Do you want to?"

He shrugged, "Not the whole Heatha ordeal."

"Oh there was something else?" She asked laying on her side to face him.

He sighed and brushed back her hair, "Yeah, there was. Listen, I don't want to be the reason you don't go back home and go to school. Especially if you want to."

"Oli, I don't though. You don't get it. My parents want to pay for it so they can have a say in my education, but I don't want to be a doctor. I love art and what I'm doing right now is going to make me happy."

"Ok, I just, don't want to be the reason you hold back."

"You aren't. I promise."

He leaned down and kissed her before laying on his pillow.

"If you ever change your mind just tell me. I won't be mad, you know?"

"I know." She whispered, cuddling into his chest, "But I won't. Plus, the thought of being without you now isn't fun."

Oli chuckled, "Good. I don't want to be without you eitha."

"Because you love me."

He smiled against her hair, "Yes, because I love you."

"Good."

He kissed her head and pulled the cover over them, shutting his eyes once they were both comfortable. This was what he exactly wanted and he hadn't realized it until now.

Oli woke up the next morning to his phone going off. Well, what he thought was his phone until he realized the sound was coming from the pink cased iphone on the nightstand. He groaned and reached over the sleeping girl, grabbing up the phone to see what name was on the screen. Once he saw Heather's he mumbled to himself before answering it.

"Ello?" He mumbled stll half asleep.

"Well I guess she is alive afterall!"

"Well, of course she is. I wouldn't let anything happen to her." He said harshly, still trying to keep his voice down in order not to wake the girl.

"Is there something you wanted? It's 9 in the morning. She's asleep still." He added and Heather spoke, "Just seeing why she didn't come home, but now I see."

"Right, well bye." He grumbled, hanging up before she could respond. He placed the phone back on the table and as he moved back he was startled by Emerson.

"Who was it?"

"Your sister."

"And you answered?" She chuckled and Oli smiled down at her, "Yep."

She shook her head with a grin and he kissed her cheek, "Who calls this early anyways?" He mumbled falling back onto his pillow.

"Her apparently."

"She hates us together."

"Does it matter?" Emerson asked, hovering over him, her hair falling around his face.

"No, just complicates things." He mumbled pulling her to him, kissing the corner of her mouth.

She buried her face into the crease of his neck and he wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"I um, didn't want to bring this up, but you know, I'm a musician right."

"No, you don't say!" She said sarcastically as she raised up with a smirk.

Oli rolled his eyes, a grin now on his lips, "Yes, well, that means I'm not here a lot."

"I've heard something like that."

"We just have been on a break, but our new album comes out next week and well, I'll be leaving soon after."

She nodded, her eyes meeting his.

"I'll be gone for a while, Em."

"How long?" She asked, now seeing the seriousness in the situation.

"Several months..."

She frowned and he brought his hand to her cheek, "I'll make it work. Trust me, right?"

She nodded and he sighed, "I just don't want to be away and your sister get in your head..."

"She won't." Emerson whispered and he stroked her hair, "We will see each other. I swear it."

"Let's not talk about it anymore."

"Ok. We won't." He whispered and she climbed off of him and out of the bed. Oli propped himself up on his elbows to watch her as she messed with her hair in the mirror.

He sighed not sure if she was upset or not and he slid from the bed immediately. His arms went around her as he reached her and he kissed over her neck.

"I love you." He whispered, not sure what else to say.

"I love you too."

He kissed her temple, before glancing at her in the mirror.

"What do you want to do today? Whatever you want."

She chuckled and spun around to face him, "I don't know."

"Mhm. Well..." he whispered, running his fingers over her jaw, "I'm going to go shower real quick, and then we will go from there, ok?"

She nodded and he kissed her quickly before heading to the bathroom. Emerson sighed and fell back onto the bed. She knew as happy as things were it was a mere illusion. Her sister was mad at her, hell her whole family would soon be mad at her and Oli would be leaving soon which would make her question everything they built. It was all too much. She placed her arm over her eyes as she tried to sort out everything. She must have bueen there longer then she had assumed because she didn't hear Oli leave the bathroom.

"Em, you ok?" He heard and she immediately sat up, startled from his voice.

"Oh, yeah."

He stared at her concern filling his eyes as he held out his hand, "Want to go by your place?"

She nodded and grabbed his hand, allowing him to pull her up. The smell of his cologne and soap caused her to embrace him. He didn't seem to mind though, he wrapped her in his arms, allowing her to relax against him.

"Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah, just a lot on my mind. Nothing I can't handle."

Oliver frowned, "I don't want you to handle it though."

She glanced up at him and he sighed, "How can I make it better?"

"You can't."

"I can try."

She grinned weakly before kissing his jaw, "Come on, let's go."

Oli sighed in defeat as he let her lead him out of the house.

"Wanna drive?" He asked with a smirk and she shot him a look causing him to laugh.

"You're so mean."

Oli chuckled as they got in the car.

"Not true and you know it."

"Mhm." She mumbled and he leaned over the console to kiss her cheek.

"You're lucky you're cute."

"As I recall, you said I wasn't really that cute." He smirked and she rolled her eyes, "Out of all the things you remember it's that."

"Not necessarily." He stated, as he backed out of the driveway, "I only remember that part because an I love you followed."

"Oh I see. So if I need to say something important add that?"

"No, no. It has to be a shock factor. That was a shock factor at the time."

"Oh gotcha. I'll remember that."

Oli laughed, grabbing up her hand as they drove to her place.

"No worries. Heather is not here."

"Oh I had none, love." He grinned as he followed behind her.

"Of course not."

He chuckled as she unlocked the door and the pair walked in.

"I shall wait here." He stated, falling onto the couch as she headed to her room to get ready. As she slid on her shoes to leave she heard the front door open and slam shut. A confused look crossed her face as she made her way to the living room only to hear Heather shouting. A groan left her lips as her eyes found Heather yelling at Oliver who still sat where she left him.

"What is going on?" She cut in and Heather's eyes met hers in anger.

"Matty broke up with me and it's all his fault!"

"You're right. All my fault, because I told you to keep things from your boyfriend." Oli spoke calmly and that seemed to infuriate the blonde even more.

"Just shut up!"

"Heather, calm down. I'll talk to Matt." Emerson offered and Heather rolled her eyes,"Because you can just fix everything, huh?"

"I can try at least."

"I don't need your help."

"Oye, she's just trying to help you out, enough with the attitude. Maybe that's why Matty broke up with you. You're mental!"

"You know what? I don't have to deal with this. If you're going to be with him then you need to find somewhere else to live."

"What? Are you serious?" Emerson asked a bit stunned. Sure her sister was irrational, but she didn't think it would come to this.

"Yes, I'm serious! I'm so sick of seeing him!"

Oli moved from the couch, interrupting the conversation, "Fine, Em, gatha your things. You can stay with me."

"Oli..." She began to protest and he cut her off, "Just do it, please."

Emerson sighed, glancing at her sister before walking to her room.

"Isn't this going to far? If you're punishing me then so be it, but do you really want to push her away? She is your sista..." Oli stated once the girl was out of view.

Heather glared angrily as she placed her hands on her hips, "Yeah, well if she's willing to pick you over me then I guess it doesn't matter."

"Heatha! She isn't picking me ova you and it isn't fair for you to make her do so! All she wants is for you to be happy, why can't you do the same for her?! If I'm such a mistake, she'll realize it on her own. You can't protect her from everything and then get mad at her when she does things on her own. She's not a child."

Heather just stared at him and before the girl could speak, Emerson walked back in with a suitcase in tow.

"You're going to regret this." Oli spoke to Heather before grabbing the handle of Emerson's suitcase and heading for the door.

"Em, you don't have to go." Heather sighed, knowing Oli was right whether she wanted to admit it or not.

"No, I do. Maybe we need time away from each other."

Heather began to speak and Emerson cut her off, "Don't. Don't blame him. He truly hasn't done anything. Maybe you have some things you need to sort out." Emerson stated as she left without giving her time to object.

A sigh escaped the girl's lips once the chilled air hit her. Of course Oli was standing right by the door and his eyes immediately met hers.

"You ok, love?"

She nodded and Oli didn't bother to talk as they climbed into his car. He really didn't know what to say to make it better. He wasn't good at things like this, but he felt like he needed to try.

"Everything will be ok, Em." He whipered, grabbing up her hand as they drove to his house.

She gave his hand a squeeze and the ride went back to silence which he assumed she needed right now.

Once in his house he carried her bag up the stairs and stopped once in view of the rooms.

"What's wrong?" She asked, stopping behind him.

"I just, well..." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

She gave him a weird look and he sighed, "I mean, are you wanting your own room or are you wanting to stay in my room? I don't want to make the wrong move here. I mean, if I put your stuff in my room and you want your own you won't tell me and if I put your stuff in the spare room and not in mine I don't want you to think I don't want you in mine..."

"You really thought way too much into this." She stated with a grin.

He glared at her and she leaned up kissing his cheek as she grabbed for her bag.

"How about we put my stuff in the spare room and I sleep with you?"

"Or that works."

She laughed as she placed her bag on the bed.

"Seriously, just know that was beyond cute."

Oli groaned, "It was a logical question!"

She chuckled and he rolled his eyes, "Whateva."

She placed her arms around his neck and kissed his lips.

"Feel any better?" He asked softly, placing his arms around her waist.

"Yeah. Then again, I tend to when I'm around you."

"Good to hear." He mumbled, pulling her up to kiss her again.

"Sorry, our good day was ruined. It started out well." He added, brushing back her hair.

"It's ok." She grinned weakly and he sighed as she left the room.

"Not really."

"Well, there's no point in dwelling on something you can't change, Oli." She responded as she sat on his bed.

"Well, at least no matter what, I can count on you thinking the same."

She chuckled, "I don't know how to take that."

He grinned and fell on his back onto the bed.

"Do you think you and your sista will make up or do you want me to get the rest of your stuff tomorrow?"

"Um, I'm not sure really. I mean, I'll figure it out."

"You don't have to, Em. You can stay here as long as you want. I mean that. Plus, I like having you here."

She stared down at him and the serious look on his face didn't budge.

"You know you don't have to say that."

Oli scoffed, "Yes, I know that. I'm saying it because it's true."

"I can't just live here, Oli."

"Why not?" He questioned, his eyebrows narrowing together.

"Because, we just got together..."

"Your point?"

"I mean, isn't that rushing things?!"

Oli chuckled, "You act like we're getting married."

"No, I just, you know..." She mumbled, messing with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Em, I'm even offering you a different room." He chuckled and her eyes met his.

"I know, I just, are you sure?"

"Yes. Positive."

She nodded and he brought his hand to her hair, "Hey, you don't have to if you don't want to. I mean that."

"I know."

"But I would love if you did." He added with a grin.

Emerson laughed, "Can I think about it?"

"Of course. No rush, love."

"Do you rush anything?" She questioned, finding his statement familiar.

"I'm a patient person. What can I say?"

"Well that isn't true..."

Oliver couldn't help but smile, "It is with you, love."
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a filler, I must say, but next chapter....

Thanks for commenting;
Webos
ShaniceJillian
TravelerSoul (That was the most violent/sweet comment ever...haha)
victims0facrime
avengerSykes
Rachemical
WhoAreYouJudy
Drankthe_poison
:))