Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

Make things right.

Oliver stood in the doorway of the kitchen, laughing at Emerson and Tom who had thought it would be good to cook instead of picking something up. He watched the pair argue over ingredients and banging pots and pans around.

"I can still order something..." He offered and Tom shot him a look, "We got this."

"Don't burn my house down."

"Oh please." Emerson stated with an eye roll.

Oli snickered, "Fine, I'll just go back in here. Matty should be here soon anyways."

"Yeah, yeah." Tom mumbled, waving off his brother. Oli headed back to the living room and as soon as he sat down Emerson fell into his lap.

"What the hell? Were you following me?" He asked chuckling and the girl smiled, "Maybe."

"Mhm. And why?"

She shrugged and he pulled her in, kissing her lips.

"Do you think this is going to work?" He asked and she shrugged, "Have to try."

Emerson was hoping this dinner she had planned with the group would make it easy to talk to Matty and hopefully he would forgive Heather. Yeah, she was mad at the girl, but she was still her sister.

"I love that you're so caring, but it stresses me out."

She chuckled and cupped his face, "Don't let it. It'll be fine."

"Yeah, well it upsets you."

"I'll be fine."

"You always say that." He mumbled, and she kissed him before flying to the door, hearing Matty on the other side.

"Hello little one." Matty greeted her with a smile as he patted her head. She rolled her eyes and shut the door behind him.

"And what do I owe this invite to?" He asked looking over at Oli who shrugged, "Who knows, my bird is girly sometimes."

Emerson placed her hands on her hips and Oli grinned, "I'm kidding."

Matty laughed, "I can feel the love."

"Oh. We're full of love here." Oli chuckled and Emerson hit the back of his head lightly before going back into the kitchen.

"So what is this about?" Matty asked giving Oli a serious look.

"Man, seriously, I am not getting into it. Em will kill me."

"So Heatha?"

Oli threw up his hands and Matty groaned, "I should have known."

"Go easy on her, yeah? She just wants everyone to be happy."

"Yeah, well I don't know why she would help her." Matty grumbled falling onto the couch.

"We do stupid things for people we love."

"Like say wise things you would never say before?" Matty questioned with a raised eyebrow.

Oli rolled his eyes and Matty snickered as Tom peaked into the room.

"Dude, I'm not going to jinx anything, but it's safe to say Emason and I could be chefs!"

"I am so scared..." Oli grumbled following a laughing Matt into the kitchen.

"Yeah hate away." Tom mumbled and Emerson chuckled as Matt asked what they were even eating.

"Um, American food." She stated and Oli groaned, "Bloody hell, what is American? We eat the same stuff!"

"Chili! Oh, and no meat for you because you're lame." She spoke to Oli, sitting a bowl in front of the boy.

"I don't even know if I should thank you for that..."

"You should." She responded, kissing his cheek before sitting beside him.

"So now Tom can make this?" Matty asked and Tom nodded.

"Good. It's awesome."

Tom rolled his eyes, "Why do I have to?"

"When we tour. Duh."

"Oh of course."

"The tour bitch." Emerson said causing Oli to choke on his food as Matty busted out laughing, "Bloody hell, I can't believe that came out of her mouth."

"I told her to spend time away from Oli. He's rubbin' off on her."

Oli rolled his eyes and Matt immediately spoke, "No, no. She is definitely rubbing off on him. He just gave me some wise words that only she would say."

"Sod off." Oli grumbled and Emerson giggled from beside him. He looked over at her giving her a wink before going back to his food. He liked her rubbing off on him honestly.

"So..." Matt spoke, looking at Emerson who sat down her spoon.

"I'm not slow, Em." He added with a weak grin and she sighed, "I know. I just..."

"Want to fix everything?"

"Yeah..."

"Em, let me tell you how this has nothing to do with you. I don't mean in the way you're thinking, I mean that this did not happen because of you and Oli. It has been building up to this. As much as you want to believe in her, she is not you by any means. I love her, I do, she's just not who I fell in love with and I don't know why."

Emerson nodded and Matty sighed, "You are a rare breed, Emason. I mean that. I have neva met someone who cares as much as you, but you just have to know when it's a lost cause because if you don't, it's going to end up weighing you down."

"Easier said then done." She responded with a grin.

"Look, I'll talk to her if it makes you feel better."

"No, I don't want you to do anything you don't want to."

Matty chuckled, "No, I need to talk to her anyways. I haven't talked to her since we broke up."

She nodded and the group went back to light conversation and eating. By the time Matt and Tom left Emerson felt better about the whole ordeal. At least knowing Matty would talk to Heather gave her some hope.

"Don't do this." Oli stated, coming up from behind her as she washed dishes.

"Well I cooked."

"So." He stated helping her finish up. Once done he followed her to his guest room where she went to grab pajamas.

"What's on our mind, Oli?" She asked as she dug through a drawer. Oli chuckled and leaned against the door frame.

"Nothing, I just love you."

"Good to know."

He chuckled, "Hurry up, love."

She laughed as she went into the bathroom and he took that time to change his own clothes and brush his teeth. He of course finished before her and fell onto his bed waiting.

"Do you think Matty will really talk to her?" Emerson asked as she crawled onto the bed.

Oli rolled his eyes as he pulled her onto him, "I do."

She nodded and he kissed her several times, "Maybe he will work this out with her and you can go back home."

"I don't know if I want to." She stated, falling onto her back. He immediately hovered over her, a serious look now on his face.

"Why?" He questioned and she shrugged, "I like being here with you."

He grinned, bringing his hand to her cheek, "I like you here as well so we're even."

He gently kissed her lips and the pair found themselves in a heated make out session. It was nothing new really. He had found himself in this situation with her on several occasions.

"Em..." He breathed out, pecking her lips once more before pulling back. He knew his limit and when he needed to stop.

She stared up at him and he bit his bottom lip, "You ok?" She asked and he nodded before falling onto his back.

"So, are you going to continue treating me like I'm some fragile doll?"

Oli smirked as he shut his eyes, resting his hands on his stomach, "Yes, I am."

She sighed beside him and he continued, "I love you. There is no rush, I promise."

"I didn't say there was."

Oli opened his eyes turning his head to look at her, "So, what is this really about?"

She shrugged and he turned on his side bringing his hand to her cheek, "I mean, I doubt you want to have sex with me that badly." He joked with a grin and she rolled her eyes.

"Is this about tour?" He asked seriously and she shrugged once more knowing she would never admit to such a thing.

He sighed, "Em, I swear to you that nothing will happen. We've talked about this before. Don't you trust me?"

"Of course I do...."

"Look, I know it's hard with everything you've heard, and hell everything you have probably read, but I mean this when I say no one will come between us and you are mental if you think Matty wouldn't shoot me if I tried anything on anyone. Which is an absurd thought anyways because you are the only person I want."

She nodded, feeling a bit embarrassed now although she never admitted to anything. Oli pulled her in, kissing her forehead gently.

"Normally, I would be jumping at the chance to shag a girl, but Emason, I've never had one that means as much to me as you do. I know it doesn't necessarily make sense to you, but it does to me and I just want this to go right. I hope you are ok with that."

"Of course." She whispered and he kissed her, "I love you."

"Love you too. Get some sleep, love."

She whispered goodnight before settling against his chest and it didn't take that long for the boy to fall asleep. She hoped come tour time she would be ok with it all, but a part of her knew as much as she believed in him, she would have a very small part of her that questioned him and she hated that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hola!

I feel as if the last two chapters have just been kind of 'blah', but I have to lead up to the good stuff some how! :p

Thoughts on Heather and Matty? Tour? Emerson? Anything?

Thanks for commenting;
ShaniceJillian (Well no more refreshing!haha)
Drankthe_poison
NeverGiveItUp (Awe, I'm glad to hear that. :) )
Noescapinglife
:)