Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

The future holds.

Oliver leaned against the door frame, a grin in his lips as he eyed the girl who was sitting in the floor clearly frustrated as she scribbled out whatever she had drawn.

"Babe, you ok?" He finally asked and she groaned as she dramatically laid on the floor.

He chuckled softly before stepping over to her and falling beside her.

"This sucks." She mumbled and he stroked her hair.

"Well I don't recall the acceptance letter saying hey this shit is easy congrats!"

A chuckle left her lips, "Dammit should have read over it a few times."

"You're almost done. Relax. Just a few more weeks and you get a break."

She nodded, her eyes meeting his and he leaned in kissing her cheek. He honestly didn't know he had it in him. The whole I can be in a relationship thing was new and yet he seemed to fall into the role perfectly. as if he had it in him the whole time. He stared down at the girl, his hand still resting in her hair.

"You know what though?"

"What?"

"Once you're done I'm going to take you on a propa vacation and I don't know if you know this but our anniversary is soon."

"Awe you remember stuff like that? Such a softy, Sykes." She joked, patting his chest, a smile now on her face.

He roles his eyes as he pulled her up into a sitting position.

"Sorry I love you."

She grabbed his face and kissed him causing him to groan in aggravation although he didn't hate it.

She smiled widely and he pulled her into his lap, "Can we take a break?"

"Oh and what are you taking a break from?"

"Watching you. It's quiet exhausting."

She giggled and he kissed down her neck, "I do love you although you are propa rude to me."

"I am not. I love you." She stated throwing her arms around him a pout now lining her lips. He grinned before kissing her gently.

"The guys told me I'm losing my cool factor."

"Why?" She giggled and he grinned, "Because I'm becoming like I don't know, all relationshipy!"

"That's not a word..."

"It is now."

"And well, you did cook last night..." She stated.

"No one knows though!"

"I kind of tweeted it..." She winced and he groaned, "Course you did."

"Sorry?"

He rolled his eyes before pulling her closer, "I don't bloody care. Let them say what they want."

"You must care if you are telling me this!" She said with a laugh.

"I'm just saying!"

She chuckled, a grin hitting her lips as she eyed the boy in front of her. She never imagined her life turning out this way. Hell a year ago she still had no idea what she was going to do with her life. Meeting Oliver was definitely something she hadn't plan but here she was living with the boy and in a relationship with him she never imagined having.

Emerson ran her fingers through his hair and a smirk hit his lips as his eyes locked with hers, "So can we please take a break and say, go to dinner?"

"Admit you are just bored."

A scoff left his lips, "Fine, I'm bored, and I want to spend time with my girlfriend. I feel neglected."

"Oh I neglect you now?"

"Yep, you love art more than me." He stated pulling her up from the floor.

"I do not."

"Yes you do. I am definitely second in this relationship." He teased grabbing her hand as he led her out of the room.

"You are not." She defended and he tried to keep his smile at bay.

"Are so."

Emerson rolled her eyes and he dropped her hand once in the living room so they could both put on their coats. The snow had started days ago and it looked like it wouldn't go away any time soon.

"So, although you love that more than me..." He stated, with a grin as he began to button up her coat for her.

"Stop saying that!"

Laughter escaped his lips, "Fine, I shall. Anyways..." he whispered, pulling her to his chest, "I was just wondering, how you see our future?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, say from a year from now where do you see us?"

"Where do you want to see us?" She asked nervously and he grinned as he brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Way to avoid the question."

She chuckled softly and he kissed her forehead, "I dunno Em, I just, want to know what you want in life. I just, need to make sure that we want the same things."

She grinned because knowing he was nervous made her feel a bit better she had to admit.

"Yes, you may ask me to marry you whenever, Sykes. Let's go. I'm starving." She stated, grabbing his coat and pulling him towards the door.

Laughter escaped his lips as he shut the door behind him.

Little did she know he had already bought a ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys.

I am honestly so sad this is over and so grateful for everyone who subscribed and kept up with this story. 300 subscribers is insane. I can't even...I love you all. :)

I'm sure I will have a new Oli story sooner than later but until then, I have a new John O'Callaghan story I'm co-writing called Sooner or Later if you want to check it out you should! :)