Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

Underestimated.

"I'm Oli and I'm sooo cute." Emerson mocked in a horrible attempt at a British accent.

"Sooo bloody cute I say!" She said as she stood blocked by the couch where on the other side stood Oli with an amused look now on his face.

"I do not sound like that."

"I'm Oliva Sykes and I'm in a rock band. I'm so awesome, let's shag." She said continuing her accent.

"Oh does that work?" He asked crossing his arms as he stared at the girl. It was funny really. It had only been two weeks since he met the girl and yet she had became a permanent fixture in his life already. Although he found himself not caring if she in fact was.

"Apparenty." She said throwing up her hands.

"Mhm...well..." He spoke slowly before launching at the girl and she screamed before he tackled her to the ground.

"You're a jerk face."

"A jerk face?! Me?! You are the one who was tryin' to act like me!"

"Trying? Succeeding!"

Oli rolled his eyes fighting back his smile as he held her arms in place. It amused him at how she tried to be so bold around him and yet her innocence still seemed to cover her. It was one of his favorite things.

"Say you're sorry."

"But I'm not."

"Yes you are. You can't be mean really."

"I can be."

He shook his head no and she glared at him causing him to chuckle, "Em, can I ask you something?"

"You just did."

"Should have seen that coming." He responded and she giggled, "Ok, what is it you were wanting to ask?"

Oli grinned as he released her wrists and straddled her hips, "Ok, so don't get bloody offended, I mean, you should know I have no limits."

Emerson rolled her eyes, "Oli!"

He stared down at her brushing his hair from his eyes, "If I had to put money on you being a virgin I would."

A blush immediately hit her cheeks not really prepared for that even if he was out there.

"That right there makes me think so."

"Maybe some people like to keep their personal life personal, also that wasn't a question." She mumbled.

Oli shrugged, "Yeah, but I still don't think that applies to you."

Emerson shrugged and he smiled, "I mean, I'm scared that I could knock you up just sitting on you."

"Oh shut up." She said trying to shove him off and he laughed as he climbed off her and helped her from the floor.

"No worries, I'm not going to be the one who tries to change that." He joked and she rolled her eyes, "Oh thanks."

"I do have a conscious sometimes."

"Oh great."

Oli smiled and pulled her to the couch, "Are you coming tonight?"

Emerson groaned, "Must I?"

"Yeah! I'll be there. I need you there."

"No you don't."

"I do."

"Don't you want to go and get wasted with your friends for once?"

Oli rolled his eyes, "I could do that any night."

"Yeah, and you haven't in forever because for some reason you are with me 99.9% of the time."

Oli chuckled, "Don't sound too happy about that."

"Oh it doesn't bother me, just pointing it out."

"So you'll be there?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Nope."

She nodded and looked back at the television. Oliver laughed and before he could speak Tom busted in the front door.

"Sure, don't knock." Oliver spoke calmly and Emerson snickered, "Hey Tom."

"Ello yank. What chu doin' still hangin' out with this loser?" He asked falling onto the empty chair.

"Ello brotha, didn't recall me inviting you in." Oli said calmly and Emerson laughed, "Settle down guys...I don't really know anyone else Tom. If that makes it better."

"Oye!" Oli shouted and Tom chuckled, "Yes, it does actually."

"Yeah, just wait. I'm looking for a job and I'll get new friends and ditch him instantly." She joked as she leaned back in her seat. Oli narrowed his eyes at her and she grinned, "what?"

Tom laughed, "Ah well now that is a plan!" He stated before looking at his phone and texting away.

"I'm kidding!" Emerson finally said before patting Oli's knee.

"Whateva." He grumbled crossing his arms over his chest as he stared at the television screen. Of course he knew she was kidding but making her feel bad for a few minutes wouldn't hurt.

"Oli." She said sitting up as she now worried a bit if she in fact did hurt his feelings. Oli shook his head and she grabbed his arm, "Oliver, I was kidding."

"Mhm."

She stuck her bottom lip out into a pout that he was certain she didn't know she was doing it and a grin hit his lips, "Would you really be that flustered if I was?"

She glared at him and he chuckled, "Glad you care that much."

Emerson rolled her eyes and relaxed back in her seat, "Whatever."

Oli's smile widened and he leaned into her, "You really got to work on not getting your feelings hurt."

"Mine weren't."

"You were nervous that my feelings were hurt, which means you have to work on your sensitivity!"

"Sorry I'm nice." She grumbled crossing her arms over her chest trying not to look at him.

Oli shook his head, "Nah. I like it. It suites you well."

"Oh thanks..."

Oli chuckled as a smile hit his lips, "You're cute."

"Oli, stop." She mumbled and his smile grew. She rolled her eyes and he placed his fingers on her cheek, "Why are you so embarrassed about it? You'e pretty. Accept it. It isn't going away no matta what you think."

Emerson's cheeks were now crimson and he tucked her hair behind her ear as he studied her. She couldn't seem to find words and luckily their moment was interrupted by Tom, "Ok, well what I came here to say..."

"Oh you didn't come here just to text? Imagine that!" Oli cut him off and the young Sykes rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Anyways, so I came here in hopes you would spare me and do something nice for your brotha for once."

Oli smirked in amusement as he crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat, "Go on..."

"Ok, so I kind of need you to go on a double date with me tonight. Like, it's me and a girl I fancy, and a pair of her friends which I don't know and I need someone to come to relax me. I mean, can't Em pretend to be your date?" Tom asked sweetly as his blue eyes landed on her. Emerson immediately groaned and Oli shot a look at her, "Oye. What's so wrong wif goin' on a date wif meh?" He said so quickly that it barely sounded like real words none the less a sentence thanks to his accent.

"Please, Em. I'm begging you. I really like her. I'll return the favor I swear." Tom basically begged with his sweet eyes and Emerson sighed knowing very well she'd given in. She was too nice sometimes, plus she didn't like the thought of him missing out on someone he liked because of her.

"What time?" She asked softly and a grin lit up Tom's face.

"8! Thank you so much Emerson!" Tom said excitedly as he quickly pulled the girl up and into a hug.

"Yeah, yeah." She chuckled as she patted his back.

"I owe you! We will com pick you to up here. 7:30 ok?"

Emerson nodded sheepishly and Oli still managed to keep his smirk through the whole event. Once the front door shut Emerson let out a sigh and Oli looked over, "So you're going on a date with me?"

"Pretend, Oli. Just pretend because I care that Tom is happy."

"Right...well, we have say, two hours." He spoke smoothly as he glanced at his phone.

"You are so smart sometimes..."

Oli rolled his eyes and stood from the couch, "Well come on love. I'm sure you want to go home and get all dolled up for me." He joked as he gave her a wink.

"Shoot me now..." She grumbled and he laughed as he pulled her from the house.

"So no drunken party with your friends? Darn." Emerson spoke once the ca was in motion.

Oli let out a laugh as he clutched the steering wheel, "Oh I see what you did there. I underestimated you, little bird."

Emerson chuckled as she looked out the window, "Everyone always does."

Oli glanced over at the girl, debating on what to say but deciding on letting it just be. He wasn't one to pry anyways. It wasn't his style. Plus, neither of them knew what the night held for either of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short, but next chapter will make up for it. ;)

thanks for commenting:
dropdeaddangerouss
deadmessages
silenceismine
spiderman
livigdaedgirl
:)