Kids Are Forever

Welcome To My Chaotic Life

Kate's POV
"Do you mind?" I pulled back the curtain as Evgeni stood at the bathroom basin pulling at his face.
"No," he snatched his toothbrush from its holder on the mirror.
"Go away," I flicked him with water on my finger tips before going back to washing my hair.

"Oh my god!" the curtain flung open and he stepped in, "what are you doing?"
"Save water, shower together," he wrapped his arms me.
"Mmm no, you and I both know we have about 5 minutes before it hits 7:00am and those are kids are going to be up and demanding our full attention," I unwrapped his arms from me.
"Can do..."
"No," I put some toothpaste onto my toothbrush before handing the tube over.

"Can you stop staring at me?" I narrowed my eyes at my childish husband.

He didn't say anything just continued brushing his teeth with an intense glare in his eyes.

"Stop it," I tried not to smile as he wiggled his eyebrows at me.
"Evgeni," I pushed his face away from me but his head snapped back to me again.

This was my husband, every morning he found his way into the shower with me and every morning he tried to bug me, but I loved him for it none the less.

"Mum I don't feel well," our 8 year old Clark stood by the bedroom door as we laid on the bed waiting for them to begin their usual 'wake mum and dad up' routine.
"What's wrong hun?" I put my hand on his forehead to feel the heat radiating from it.
"Mmm you feel a little warm, how is your stomach?"
"Ok, it doesn't hurt. I slept all night but I still feel tired," he pouted.
"Come here," I helped him up onto the bed and he made himself comfortable in my lap.

"Daddy! Mummy!" Our three year old Nikolai came running as fast as he could before launching himself onto our bed.
"Hey little man," Evgeni picked him up and tossed him in the air making him laugh at the top of his lungs.

Nicky was a handful, he was Evgeni's shadow, following him everywhere, doing everything he did. Wherever Evgeni was, Nicky was sure to be close by.

"I don't want to go to hockey today," Clark looked up with his sad eyes.
"How come?" I ran my hand over his head.
"I just don't wanna go," he wrapped his arms around me.
"Well ok don't worry, you don't have to go," I kissed his forehead.

He didn't want to go last week either and to be honest I didn't think it was doing much for him. He kind of just sat on the bench watching the other kids play. It wasn't that he couldn't play, he was hockey smart and knew all the ins and outs but I think the novelty had just worn off.

"Mum Zach is awake," Luka walked in and stood at the doorway before Lacey appeared with our little nine month old bundle of cuteness.

"Hey baby boy," he looked so grumpy holding onto Lacey's shirt before reaching one arm out to me, "bring him here."

I took him from her and he happily settled next to Clark. These two where my little babies. Always being so quiet in the chaos that was our house.

The twins on the other hand just had there tenth birthday and were getting ready to start their first season on the AA PeeWee league so they were excited and running riot.

Evgeni was the king of their little escapades and the twins were always happy to follow along with their sometimes very sassy attitude, roping Nicky along in the process. According to Evgeni's mother the sass was a Russian thing and Evgeni was always good at it as a kid.

"Hey mum," the deep teenagers voice echoed down the hall followed by his large footsteps.
"Yeah."
"What's for breakfast?" Asher stood at the doorway.

Sixteen years old, six foot two and he was off in a couple of days to play in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League for Rimouski just like his Uncle Sid but he was still my baby boy.

"I can do egg whites for a wrap?"
"Mmm yes protein, I need that for the gym," he was about to run off.
"Hold it!"
"What?" He stuck his head in the room with that smile that he was sure to use on the girls.
"Where's my morning kiss?" I pointed to my cheek.
"Sorry," he walked over, "morning," he lent down and kissed my cheek before ruffling up Clark's hair making the little guy smile.

"Hey Ash can you do us a favour?
Can you take the twins and Nicky and get them some cereal?"
"Yeah sure, what about Clark?" he grabbed Nicky from the bed.
"He's not feeling well I will get him something later."
"Ok come on you two lets go," he ushered the out of the room.

I was going to miss having Asher around. He was my first baby boy and he was going off into the big world all on his own. I didn't know what I was going to do without his level head around the house.

"Here you go dude," I handed over his egg white wrap.
"And for you," I put his plate in front of Evgeni with a kiss in the cheek.
"Thanks," he smiled sweetly.

"So Ash are you going to training with Mike again?" I asked taking a seat with next to Clark so I could watch over and make sure he ate his breakfast.
"Yeah, Rhys is coming too," he began devouring his wrap.
"What is this? Is dad not good enough anymore?" Evgeni looked offended.
"Well no offence dad but you are getting kind of old now, I don't want you to break a hip or something," Asher got the twins laughing at their dad.
"I am not old and I won't break a hip. Uncle Sid and I always beat you," he tried to defend himself.
"That was when we were 9 dad," Asher rolled his eyes at him.

Evgeni had just retired last season from the professional hockey scene.
He knew couldn't handle all the beatings for much longer so the doctor recommended it, but in the end it was Evgeni's decision. I was just hoping it was the right one.

"I will do it as long as we get Clark," Asher pointed to the little boy staring at the bench.
"Ok," Evgeni accepted, "we get the twins."
"Me?" Nicky looked up with sad eyes.
"Not this time bud, maybe next," Evgeni ruffled up his spiked hair.
"Aww no fair."
♠ ♠ ♠
I bet I could make you guys cry by the end of this sequel, it's going to be a sad one, a really sad one :(