Kids Are Forever

Kids Make Your Life An Interesting One

Kate’s POV
“Clark!” Nicky ran into the room and climbed up on the end of the bed.
“No, no buddy, don’t do that,” I snatched him and put him on his feet on the ground, “be careful, Clark’s still not well, ok?”
“Sorry, I sit there?” he pointed to the end of the bed.
“Ok,” I sat him at the end of the bed as the others walked in.

All the kids looked so happy to see him, no body more than Zach. He hadn’t been sleeping well without Clark around, his favourite person in the whole world and he didn’t know where he was or what was going on.

“Zach,” Clark smiled as Evgeni brought the little guy over to see his favourite big brother.

I had missed Clark’s infectious smile. There was nothing more rewarding then seeing your child happy.
“Hey Zach,” Clark played with his fingers making Zach giggle as he tickled his palm.

These two were the most adorable pair of kids and they would be best friends for the rest of their lives. It was what I hoped for all my kids, for them to be best friends and not let the world get in the middle and separate them.

"Hey Ash can you watch the kids for a moment? I just want to talk to dad" I grabbed Evgeni's hand and dragged him out into the hall.

"How are you doing?" I put my hand on his chest knowing he had been taking this rather hard.
"I am ok," he shrugged.
"Evgeni," I sighed lacing my fingers in his, "Can you please just talk to me? I want to help you."
"When Clark is home I be happy."

"Vero said she would look after the kids once he is better so we can go away for a while just the two of us."
"But..."
"No," I put my finger to his lips, "we need some time to reconnect Mr."
"Ok."

"Well can I at least get a kiss from you?" He had been so shut off lately I just wanted my husband to show he loved me.
"Huh?" I jabbed my finger into his stomach repeatedly as he stared into Clark's room.
"You here," I grabbed his chin and made him look at me and kissed his lips hard, "we can finally go on that honeymoon we never got," and I noticed his eyes widen.
"Yeah see, it's a good idea," I wrapped my arms around him.
"Ok we go away," he smiled and stole another kiss.

Evgeni's POV
Kate and I hadn't had a life together without kids in it. Part of being with her was that I was to accept her son who I fell in love with too. We never really had free time and our life we chose to fill with kids which I would never change for anything in the world. But it would be nice to spend some time with Kate without the little creepers around.

We walked in and all the kids looked at us anxiously, "can Clark show us his staples?" Luka looked up with pleading eyes.
"They are kind of gross though," Kate warned.
"So?" he pushed.
"Ok, but if any if you get freaked out don't say I didn't warn you," Clark helped Kate peel back the dressed on his chest to reveal the 6 inch scar right down the middle of his chest.

"Cool!" Luka beamed.
"Does it hurt?" Lacey looked rather concerned for her brother.
"Not really," Clark traced it lightly.
"You know I had one just like that when I was about Nicky's age, right on my head," Asher spoke up.
"Really?" Clark looked up with aspiring eyes.
"Yeah."

Clark had spent some much of his time trying to be like Asher, it was adorable. I knew that's why he kept playing ice hockey, not just for me but so he would have something in common with his big brother. But Asher would love him just like I do even if he didn't play ice hockey.

We let the kids spend some more time with Clark before he got tired and it was time to let him rest.

"But mum," Luka complained, "I am winning," he pointed to the deck of cards that they had been playing snap with.
"No come on, he needs some time to rest. The sooner he gets rest the sooner he comes home and you can all play snap," she helped them pack up before leaving me with the sleepy child.

"Hey," I sat down on the edge of his bed, "how you feeling?"
"I am tired, and bored," he yawned before wincing and putting his hand to his chest.
"You ok?" I began to panic, I really didn't like seeing others in pain, especially my kids.
"I am ok dad," he rolled his eyes.

"Hey there is a basketball game on tv, do you want to watch it?" I remembered checking it TV guide and seeing it there.
"Ok," he smiled moving over, "you sit here."

It was nice to be getting my son back and in no time he would be growing up and going off like Asher had.
But for now I was making the most of my little boy lying curled up into my side as we watched the basketball.