Kids Are Forever

I Love My Family The Most

Kate's POV
"Luka!" Clark screamed before giggles filled the house.

"What are you two doing?" I smiled seeing my two boys getting along for the first time in a long time.
"Nothing," Luka laughed as Clark jumped onto his back.
"Why don't you put that energy to good use and go shovel the snow from the back porch.
"Mum don't be silly that is work, not fun," Clark shook his head.
"But we could make it fun," Luka suggested, "right mum?"

Luka knew if he did it he would get some pocket money out of it and he wouldn't do it on his own because it was a hard task and without Lacey in action Clark was all he had.

I thought it was good the twins were having some time apart. Lacey was spreading time on the couch with Nicky and her dad while her ankle got better which gave the boys some time to hang out.

As it turned out they had a lot more in common. Clark was beginning to open up more and have some fun, it was nice to see him smile again.

"Hey mum!" they yelled front behind a pile of snow.
"What?" I put Zach down knowing they would attack me with another snowball.
"Catch!" they jumped up and two white balls of snow came flying at me.

"Look at Zach," Clark pointed and they both began laughing.
"What?" I looked down to see my baby boy covered in snow with a huge smile on his face.

"What did they do to you?" I smiled picking him up.
He giggled his little head off and tried to brush the snow from his short brown hair.
"Here you go," I brushed him off and set him on his feet.

He was still mastering the walking thing. He was fine holding someone's hand but with the slippery snow crawling was all the rage.

"Came back here you," I jogged after him as he crawled away giggling loudly.
"Come on Zach, crawl faster, quick," Clark stood out on the half shovelled pathway encouraging him faster.

My little guy crawled faster and grabbed onto Clark's leg and pulled himself up.

"Mum look," Clark pointed to Zach as he steadied himself.
"Evgeni! Come quick!" I yelled.

"What?!" Evgeni ran out to us with Nicky in tow and stopped when he saw Zach standing on his own.

"Look at you," Evgeni smiled, "come here," he knelt down.

I grabbed out my phone and knelt down next to Evgeni hitting the record button as the boys encouraged him towards us.

"Come on Zach," Clark smiled patting his knees.
"Come on," Luka guided him our way.

He took a few more steps and fell into Evgeni's ready and waiting arms.

"Good boy," he smiled picking him up and celebrating.

Our little boy smiled widely the whole time as everyone fussed over him.

Evgeni's POV
"Aren't you cold?" Kate looked at me as I stood in the freeZing cold in just a pair of gym shorts.
I was to happy that I got to see Zach's first steps that my limbs and face hadn't registered just how cold it was, "Now you say, yes is cold."

"How about the boys have a break from working and we go have some hot chocolate," Kate suggested.
"Yes!" they all jumped up with excitement.
"Besides Nicky needs to get out of the cold."

"Dad," I heard a sleepy Lacey call from the lounge room.
"Yeah princess?" I sat down next to her.
"When can I go play?" she tried to sit up.
"Not for a few days yet sweetie, just lay down," I pushed her back onto the couch.
"Can you stay with me then?" she looked up with me her adorable eyes that looked just like her mothers.
"Of course I will," as hard as it was to stay sitting on the couch with my little princess I had to do it. It wouldn't be for much longer and the boys were out having fun on their own anyway.

"Do you want some hot chocolate sweetie?" Kate sat down next to us after setting the boys up with theirs on the floor.
"Yes please," she sat up.

I loved moments like this when our family was together just enjoying the time.

Lacey was spread out with her foot up in my lap where I was massaging her still swollen ankle. Zach was curled up on Kate's lap and the boys were all cuddled up on the giant bean bag taking up the lounge room floor.

Yeah my life was good, the only thing missing was Asher. But he was out making a name for himself and I was so proud of him.