For Baltimore

1/1

For Baltimore

The final four seconds ticked down and when it hit zero the whole room erupted into screams and yells. Jack jumped off the couch and thew his fist in the air with a victory cry as the tv screen displayed all the players on the Ravens doing the same. It was chaos around him, beer was accidentally tipped over, basically anything that had been held by anyone in the room was spilled or dropped. But no one seemed to care as they soaked up the fact that the Ravens had just won the Superbowl that year! It had been a tough and intense game but they pulled through and won the title of World Champions. It was incredible. Something that Jack was glad that he didn't miss. Even though his certain someone couldn't be there to share it with him.

When everyone settled down a little after the initial shock set it, Jack checked the time and realized that his girlfriend would be home. She had to work late and couldn't get out of it. Even if it was a weekend. And she had been working her ass off lately and he didn't want to force her to come to Alex's after she got off work since he knew she would want to go home. He could just imagine her snuggled in bed with the little lamp on next to it with her favorite book in hand. She usually read before she went to bed since it settled her after having such a stressful job. No matter if she only read for five minutes or even fifty, it worked for her and once she was ready, she would reach over, flick off the light, and snuggle under the covers with a little hum of happiness. Then she would snuggle in as close as she could into his body and in return he would pull her impossibly closer, press a kiss to the back of her neck, and wrap an arm around her to make sure she stayed close. And now that he was thinking about how adorable his girlfriend was when she slept, it felt like she was hundreds of miles away instead of only five and missed her terribly.

"I'm going to go dude!" Jack said to Alex as he walked into the kitchen. His best friend was at the sink with his girlfriend trying to get an unfortunate stain out of his lucky jersey.

Alex looked up and pouted a little, "aw! But we just won! We have to do celebratory shots!"

"I still have to drive home. I've managed to stay sober this whole night and can't be tempted now. You know we can't take one shot without taking at least four."

Alex shrugged, "stay here then."

"I have a girlfriend to go home to who I haven't seen all day."

"Fine, be a party pooper."

"I'll see you tomorrow Lex," Jack sighed as he turned to the older boys girlfriend. "The party was great Charlie, and all the food you made was delicious."

"Thank you Jack," she replied as she reached up and hugged him. He kissed her cheek lightly and then said his goodbyes to the others before grabbing his jacket and pulling his keys from the pocket and heading for his car.

---

Jack opened the door as quietly as he could and tiptoed into the apartment. Neither the door or floors creaked but his girlfriend was a really light sleeper and the littlest things woke her no matter what. So after being together for three years Jack knew exactly what to do so he didn't wake her when he came home late. He toed off his shoes and threw his jacket on the back of a chair and made his way down the hall to their room, gently opening the door and peaking inside. When he saw his girlfriend lying on the bed with the blankets all but over her head like usual, he smiled and continued silently in the room. He was doing well so far and if she didn't wake up when he walked in the room, he was all clear. But he was still bubbling with excitement from the game and as he pulled his pants off leaving his boxers and shirt on and crept towards the bed and then climbed onto of his girlfriend making her instantly groan and move slightly so she was more comfortable.

"God I was wondering how long it would take you to come and annoy me," she grumbled under him making him grin.

"How long have you been awake?"

"The entire time,"

Jack frowned, "did I wake you?"

"No," she replied, finally opening her eyes. "I can't sleep without you. When you're on tour I don't sleep for like three days until I finally cave and grab that gigantic body pillow I have and spray some of your aftershave on it."

"Seriously?" Jack asked with the biggest smile on his face making her roll her eyes and nod. He knew that it took a lot for her to admit things she was embarrassed about. But he always thought she was even more adorable when she admitted it. She had all these quirky little details to her that made him love her even more.

They were both silent as they just looked at each other until she blushed and broke it. "How was the game!? Who won!"

"The Ravens of course!" Jack said with another huge smile. "It was epic Eri! I wish you would have been there! There was this awesome 109 touchdown from one end of the field to the other. And then all the lights went out in the middle of the game! Oh and Beyonce sang for the half time show and then Destiny's Child appeared out of nowhere it seemed!"

Erica sat up straight. "Beyonce was there?"

Jack nodded.

"And I missed it because!?"

"You had to work?"

"Fuck work! I can't believe I missed that!" She sighed as she lay back down. "Next year for the Superbowl remind me I said that and force me to come with you. No matter who's playing. Anyway, how are Alex and Charlie?"

Jack shrugged, "good. But they spent half the game making out. Made me miss you."

He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers before she could say anything more. But she didn't protest and instantly kissed him back. It got heated quickly and just before it could get any further, Erica broke the kiss and took a few deep breaths so she could actually form words.

"How are you always in the mood for sex after a game?" She breathed.

Jack pulled away a little, smiling. "I'm always horny."

"But it's worse after a game,"

"What can I say, during the whole game I'm imagining you as a cheerleader."

"You're impossible."

Jack rolled his eyes and leaned down and kissed her once again. "Just shut up and do it for Baltimore."

---

Jack woke to the bed moving and instantly felt cold. He looked down and saw that his arms were now empty and Erica was walking across the room as quietly as she could.

"Come back to bed," he mumbled as he buried his head in his pillow. He peaked an eye open and saw that it was only fife thirty in the morning and had only had about five hours of sleep.

He heard her laugh across the room but continue going through her closet for clothes. "I have to work babe, I'm sorry."

"No."

"Ja-"

"No! I need love and attention 24/7. You should have known this as soon as we started darting."

She laughed again and walked toward the bed, sitting on the edge and brushing some hair from his eyes after he rolled onto his back to face her. "I didn't know that, but soon after we did start dating I knew you were a whiny little bitch. But I've lived with it."

"You're mean," he pouted.

"But you love me,"

"That I do, and I'll never ever stop either."

He could see the blush rising on her cheeks again and smiled as he puckered her lips, wanting a kiss but not wanting to move. She rolled her eyes and leaned down, pressing a quick kiss to her lips before she stood and began to walk away again making him whine.

"STAAAAAAAAY WIIIIIIITH MEEEEEEEEEE! STAAAAAY WIIIIITH MEEEEEEE!"

"You did not just ruin one of my favorite songs." She said as she turned to glare at him.

"That's not your favorite song, you hate that song."

"I may hate that song but I love You Me At Six. So therefore I'm only allowed to make fun of that song."

Shaking his head, they allowed the room to fall into silence as he watched his girlfriend rush around to get ready for work. Somewhere during that time he must have fallen back asleep since the next thing he knew was that the sun was shining through the curtains and the apartment was unusually quiet. He sighed and rolled over, sad that he didn't get to say bye to Erica. But when he turned to face her empty side of the bed and found a little note resting on her pillow. A smile instantly grew as he grabbed it and unfolded it to read what she wrote.

Sorry I couldn't stay with you (haha get it!?) but of course I have work. I'm sorry that it's taking up so much of my time but once I'm not the new person and watched like a hawk I swear I'll take some time off to make it up to you. I love you babe, see you tonight! -Eri

Oh, p.s.- I'm mad at you for falling asleep before I left. Your goodbye kiss is the only thing that gets me through the day. So I expect one as soon as I get home. Maybe even a full out make out session..... Maybe. ;D

GO RAVENS! <3
♠ ♠ ♠
So the song mentioned that Jack was singing is Stay With Me by You Me At Six. I love that band but I'm sorry to any Sixers reading this, but I really do dislike that song. I don't know why. But I love YMAS....

upxallxnight and I were talking through the whole Superbowl freaking out and being dorks as usual and then we somehow got to talking and I got this idea. We were both flipping out when the Ravens won... And not just because of ATL. I hate the 49ers with a passion (sorry to anyone who likes them, but I can't lie here). But I'm not going to get into that. Lol But hoped you like this. Comment and tell me what you think! =D