Lessons Learned I

Lee 007

Rachel and I met up at some Starbucks downtown. I was a little late because I kept getting lost from the crappy directions that dude in my history class gave me.

I hurried through the door and saw her sitting at a table. I walked over and sat down.

"Sorry I'm late. I had poor directions."

She looked up at me and smiled.

"It's fine."

"So, how were classes?"

"They were alright. Same boring crap and the same ten tons of homework. How'd it go for you?"

"Boring. I got crappy directions from some idiot in my history class."

"History sucks enough."

"I know. I'm supposed to do some weird essay on the Spanish War. Uh...I could care less about it."

"I know! Who cares?! It happened twenty billion years ago."

"Exactly!" I looked over and saw Alex walk in. "Hey, there's Alex," I motioned toward him.

She looked over at him and gave him a big smile. He turned and saw us. He walked over.

"Hey, ladies," he said charmingly.

"Hey, Alex," I said.

"Hey," Rachel smiled at him. He blushed a little and returned her smile.

"How're you two doing?" he asked.

"Great," Rachel smiled.

"That's good," he said shyly. "Well, I'll leave you two alone. See you guys later," he turned and started walking off. I looked at Rachel.

"Think he could join us?" I asked.

"Of course."

I looked over at him.

"Alex?" I called out. He stopped and looked at us. "Wanna join us?"

"If you don't mind..." he mumbled.

"Nahh. Pull up a seat."

He nodded and grabbed a chair from an unoccupied table, then sat it between me and Rachel and sat down.

"Thanks," he said shyly.

Rachel smiled at him.

"How has your day been?" he asked Rachel.

"Boring as all get-out. The only interesting class I have is creative writing. How was yours?"

"Boring until I got to talk to you," he said quietly.

Aww, I think he's gotta crush on Rachel.

She smiled at him. I smiled at both of them.

"Anyone want anything? My treat," I said.

She shook her head.

"I should really be taking off soon. I have a ton of homework and I don't understand half of it."

"I could help you," Alex said quickly.

"Ya think so? It's freaking Algebra again."

"Yeah, of course."

Aww, it's so cute.

She smiled a little.

"I'd better take off," I said. "Time to start looking crap up on the freaking Spanish War."

"Okay," said Alex.

"See you later, Rach," I said, looking at her. "Bye, Alex."

"See ya, Lee," said Rachel.

I got up and walked toward the door.

"See ya," said Alex.

"Bye."