Lessons Learned I

Lee 016

Joseph was over at mine and Rachel's dorm room for some random reason. We were just sitting around on my side of the room talking.
"So, uh, when am I gonna meet this room mate of yours?" he was sitting on my bed. I looked up at him from my desk.
"Some time. Maybe today, maybe even tomorrow. She's not around too much."
"Does she have a boyfriend or something?"

"No. She's with Alex a lot. That, and researching."
"Ohh, okay." He smiled a little. The door flew open at that moment. Rachel walked through the door with a stack of books in her arms. Joseph raised his eyebrows at her.

"Hey, Rachie," I said.

She looked at both of us.

"...sup?" She grunted and sat her books down on her bed.

"Not much. This is my friend, Joseph. Joseph, this is my friend and room mate, Rachel."
"What's up?" Joseph said.

She smiled in a friendly manner at Joseph.

"Nothing. You?"

"Up to my ass in homework. And you are too, obviously..." he smiled a little.

She smiled a little in return.

"Lee's told me a lot about you," he said. "She says you're planning on being a journalist?"

She nodded.

"Yep."

"That's cool. She says you're a very talented writer."

She smiled.

"Thank you."

He returned her smile and looked at his watch.

"I'd better split. My room mate is probably wondering where I'm at."

"Okay," I mumbled.

He stood up and stretched a little.

"See you tomorrow, Lee." He looked at Rachel. "Nice meeting you, Rachel."

She smiled.

"You, too."

"See ya." He left. I smiled a little and looked at Rachel.

"How were your classes?"

"They were okay. I'm so freaking tired!" She fell on to her bed next to her Mount Everest stack of books.

"I heard you up at about two this morning. Everything alright?"

"Yeah...I sort of met up with someone..."

"...at two in the morning?"

"Yeah."

"Oh," I mumbled.

I hope she's not...ya know...doing drugs or anything...