Lessons Learned I

Lee 018

I was mindlessly wandering around the library, staring up at the giant shelves of books, lost in thought when someone decided to tap me on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, do you know where the medical section is?"

I turned around and faced a girl that was about three inches shorter than me. She had shoulder length, layered blonde hair and spellbinding sapphire eyes.

"Um," I mumbled, looking around the library. "I think it's over there," I pointed at the aisle on the far left.

"Thanks. Ugh, I can never remember where it's at."

"Heh, I get lost twenty times a day around here. Are you a freshman?"

"Yup! My name's Victoria."

"I'm Lee."

"Are you a freshman too?"

"Yeah."

"Cool. Everyone else I've met around here seems to have been going to school here for a couple years. That, or else they're from here."

"You're not from Seattle?"

"Nope. Florida."

"Wow, what are you doing all the way out here?"

"I hate Florida! I had to be fluent in Spanish to order a damn hamburger."

"Wow, that must have sucked."

"It did. Where are you from? You look a little tanned -- California?"

"Nope. Wisconsin."

"My cousin lives up there. Like...way up by the Canadian border."

"Ahh, your cousin is in the prettier part. I was down in the ghetto Southern part. Very rural and farm-landy."

"We've got something in common! I'm from Miami, the ass end of Florida."

I laughed a little.

"Sounds interesting. So, what are you going to college for?"

"Well, I really want to get into med school. Like...Stanford or something. And according to my mother this place is a billion times better than the school my sister is going to."

"Med school, huh? What are you going for?"

"Doctor, man! I'd like to be an OB/GYN or something."

"Sounds cool."

"Yeah. The body is beyond cool. Of course, I'm a freak and hold an interest in human reproduction."

"Not freaky. A little perverted to the general public, but ya know..." she giggled.

"What are you going for?"

"Writing and communications."

"Ohhh, sounds interesting!"

She's very perky. Bit odd since every other person I've met here that wants to be in the medical field is rather cynical and mellow.

"Yeah. Hey, I'd better split. I have class in ten minutes."

"Okay. Nice meeting you, Lee! Let's talk again."

"Sure. What dorm are you in?"

"The C building. Number nine! Just me and my roomy, Cyntheia."

"Okay. I'll pop by and visit sometime."

"Sure! We love company."

"Cool. Alright, well, see you later Victoria."

"Bye!" She wandered off to the medical section.

Really...really perky.