Lessons Learned I

Lee 021

Joseph and I were at his dorm, talking.

"Have you seen Bistardio around lately?" I asked.

"Yeah, he was asking me for five bucks yesterday. Why?"

"Just curious. Haven't seen him around lately..."

"I can rest assure you, he's still out going 'Fuckin' righteous braww!'" He did the rock on sign. I laughed.

"Nice impression. Where's your room mate?"

"Pfft, I got a new one. Old roomie got busted for meth. Go figure..."

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Or were you the one smoking it?" I said in a critical voice.

He chuckled.

"No, I'm not into that shit. The new roomie is actually somewhat normal, believe it or not."

"Rachel's awesome. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better room mate."

"She likes Vertical Horizon, doesn't she?"

"Yeah. She adores them."

"I have an autograph CD of theirs...you could give it to her if you want." I raised my eyebrows.

"Seriously?"

"Yup." He stood up from his bed and walked over to his desk. He opened the drawer and pulled out a CD, then shut it. He walked back over and handed it to me. I stared down at it; it was signed by every band member.

"Wow," I mumbled. "You sure you don't wanna hang on to this?"

"Nah. Go on ahead and give it to her. She'll appreciate it more than me."

I smiled at him.

"Thanks, Joseph. She'll love you for life because of this." He grinned a little.

"I'm a lovable, kind, charming guy, what can I say?"

I laughed a little.

"Oh, yeah," I mumbled. "But seriously, thanks though."

"My pleasure." I glanced down at my watch.

"Crap. I gotta meet Alexander at the library." I stood up. He, too, got up.

"Okay. See you around."

"Bye." I hurried out.