Lessons Learned I

Rachel 024

Alex and I were making our way to our dorms after school the next day.

"Hey, did I tell you I had another run-in with Adam yesterday?" I asked.

"No."

"Yeah. He came over to my table in the library and begged me for forgiveness."

He raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

I nodded. "He also asked me out...again. On Saturday."

"D-Did you..."

"I told him I'd go with him under one condition."

"And that is?"

I looked at Alex and stopped walking. "If you could come."

"Oh..."

"Will you come? I said no at first, but he began acting pathetically. I felt sorry for him. He said he has problems that have to be controlled by taking supplements...I couldn't help but feel sorry for him."

He sighed. "Alright, I'll come."

I smiled a little. "You don't have to if you don't want to. I'll tell him I can't go after all. It's no big deal."

"Nah, I'll go."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

I smiled a little and hugged him. "Thanks, Alex."

He held onto me tightly. "Any time."

I rested my head on his shoulder. "You're a great friend," I whispered.

"Not really." In a soft voice, he said, "You're the best friend I've ever had."

I pulled away and looked into his eyes, feeling a strong impulse to cry. I smiled a little at him, forcing a tear to stay back.

He, too, had a soft look on his face.

"You're the sweetest guy I've ever met, Alex," I said, still trying to control my lovely tears.

He continued looking into my eyes. "Are you alright?" he asked, resting his hand on my shoulder.

I slowly nodded. "I'm fine. Just not used to hearing stuff like that."

"Oh... I'm surprised."

I smiled a little, then laughed. "Well, it's the truth."

He hugged me again.

"Thank you, Alex," I whispered in his ear. I kissed his cheek.

He blushed.

I smiled and pulled away from him. "We better get back to our dorms..."

He slowly nodded. "Okay."

I smiled a little and we continued walking.