Lessons Learned I

Lee 039

Jake and I were at mine and Rachel's dorm, hanging out when Alex came charging through the door.

"Rachel's not here, is she?" He sat down a pair of drum sticks.

"No," I said.

"Good." He closed the door and took a seat on her bed.

"She doesn't even pay attention to the fact that I changed my looks for her! What have I got to do? Run around naked?!"

"Well, that'd definitely capture her, and everyone else's, attention," Jake mumbled.

"Ugh!" Alex banged his head on the wall several times.

"That may let out your frustration, but it's also going to give you a headache or a possibility of epilepsy," I said.

Alex and Jake gave me a weird look.

"...I've been helping Victoria study the medical shit, so..."

Alex threw his arms up in the air like the proud Italian he was.

"This is ridiculous! What should I do?! I can't go back to the way I was. She never even noticed me! She still doesn't notice me!"

"You should try being gothic," said Jake.

Alex looked at him.

"...why?"

"Because," Jake closed his book. "People are more apt to notice a gothic before a punk."

"Punk's are kind of on the down-low...like gothics," I mumbled.

"So, goth is a bad idea, too?" Alex questioned.

"Just try goth. Maybe she'll notice you," said Jake.

"Alright..."