Lessons Learned I

Lee 042

I sat in the stands, watching Alex run down the football field. He was playing his first game and he looked like he was about to piss himself at any given moment.

Of course, I was filming the whole thing because Rachel, Joseph and Jake weren't there. That, and it'd be good to hold on to for the future.

"Go Alex!" I exclaimed.

"And it's a touch down made by new-commer Alex Bennett!" Exclaimed Jeffery Foxx, who was a junior.

Everyone on the home team side stood up and applauded. People hooted and hollared over the extra one or two points we gained.

After sitting down I watched the home team huddle, going over the plays. They clapped and probably shouted "Break!", then ran off to their positions. The team we were facing was UCLA, supposedly one of the better teams that year. I zoomed in on Alex, who was standing behind the quarterback of the team, Don Hieser.

The football flew around the field it seemed as everyone ran around looking like ants on methenamine. Alex got a hold of the ball and took off running in the wrong direction.

"You're going the wrong way!" The couch shouted.

Alex kept charging toward the home side. He got tackled by a few people from the visitors side.

An hour and a half later the game was over. We lost four to ten. Everyone was really pissed at Alex because he somehow kept losing control of the ball. But to make matters worse, he fractured his arm.

"I am such a fucking idiot!" He exclaimed, throwing the ice pack down on the ground.

We were in the locker room. Him and I were the only ones in it, and he was nursing his left arm.

"I can't even play football! Oh, God..." He looked like he was going to vomit.

"Calm down, Alex! It's only a stupid ass sport, anyway."

"I got kicked off the team, though! And this was my first game!"

"Yeah, well, they're all just a bunch of juggheads in jock straps."

"Speaking of jock spraps, this thing is riding up my ass like you wouldn't believe..."

"Ew! Okay, yeah...I'm gonna leave you to change. So, I'll see you tomorrow..." I mumbled. He sighed.

"Alright."

"Feel better."

"Thanks... See ya."

"Bye." I left.