Lessons Learned I

Lee 044

Because Alex was being a stupid fuck, he dropped the anarchist thing and decided that being a bad boy would definitely grab Rachel's attention.

This better be his last fucking phase. This is getting ANNOYING.

So, Jake and I were taking Alex shopping at the local Harley Davidson outlet store. He apparently thought that biker clothes were necessary.

"Here, Al," Jake held up a leather jacket with roses and thorns on the back. It, of course, had "Harley Davidson" written on it.

"Ew!" Alex pulled down a black tshirt that said "Live to ride, ride to live".

"Hey, that's what my sweatshirt says!" I exclaimed, snatching the shirt away from him.

"What's up with the 'live to ride, ride to live' crap, anyway?" He mumbled, pulling leather chaps off of a shelf.

"It's the slogan. It's also on just about every motorcycle they produce."

"Wow...okay," he mumbled.

A girl bearing tattoos on her arms and a nose piercing walked over. She wore an orange Harley Davidson shirt, symbolizing that she worked there.

"Can I help you three?" She asked.

"He's trying to find a leather jacket," said Jake, pointing at Alex.

"Okay. Did one of you purchase a motorcycle?"

"No..." Alex mumbled.

Better cover this one up, I don't think they like it too well when people just wander in their shops for merch and not buy a bike...

"We didn't, but my father did last year. Out in Wisconsin. Heritage Softail."

She smiled a little.

"Those are good bikes. Very nice ride."

"He's also got straight pipes on it. Thing has a great sound to it."

"My husband has long-shots on his Road King."

"My brother has those on his classic. The neighbors get pissed everytime he comes over." We both laughed. Jake and Alex gave us both weird looks.

"Is there anything I can help you with? We've got a wide selection of leather jackets in the back."

"Actually--" I cut Alex off.

"Yeah. This is his first time here, and he's considered getting a motorcycle."

"Have you gotten your license to drive one?" She asked.

"N-No..."

"Okay, before you can purchase a motorcycle you have to take a six week course and take a road test."

"That's fine..." Alex said, glaring at me a little.

An hour later we were out of there with a new leather jacket for Alex. He wore it proudly as he added a little strut to his walk.

"I'm regretting this already," Jake whispered.

"Ditto."

"Come on, I still gotta get a bunch of black stuff. I burned just about all my clothes during the anarchy phase..." Alex mumbled, climbing into the backseat of Jake's car.

Jake and I groaned as we got in.