Lessons Learned I

Rachel 047

Alexander and I were hanging out after school on the campus lawn as we did everyday.

I sighed and stared at his new appearance: he was apparently a so-called "bad boy." I shook my head.

Alex leaned against a tree with his hands buried in his pockets. He sighed. "Sup?"

I buried my face in my hands. "Nothing..." I mumbled. I walked over to the tree and banged my head on it.

Alex walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

I detatched my head from the tree and rubbed it, staring at him.

"Yeah. Never been better," I mumbled sarcastically.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..." I mumbled bitterly.

A blonde chick ran over and stared at Alex.

"Hi," she said, smiling preppily at him. "What's your name? I haven't seen you around before."

He raised his eyebrow. "Alex. What's it to ya?"

"Ohh, a bad boy," she said, winking. "I like that. You're hot," she flirted.

He gave her a weird look. "Uhh...get out of my face."

I raised my eyebrow and watched this spectacle.

"Why?" she asked. "I'm about as hot as you are. A little hotter. We'd go good together." She winked again.

He gave her a weird look. "I'm taken."

She glared a little. "Uh. Who's hotter than me?"

He put his arm around me and pulled me close to his side. "She is. And she's not full of herself, either."

I got out of Alex's grasp. "I'm not dating him. I don't go for guys that hit people for no reason," I said, side-glancing at Alex.

She rolled her eyes and spat at me. Unfortunately for her, she was a wimpy ... spittest ... and it fell directly to the ground.

She glared and walked off.

Alex banged his head against the tree.

I cleared my throat and looked over at him. "You okay?" I asked in a quiet voice.

Alex shook his head and pressed his head against the tree, sighing.

I sighed and walked over to him, rubbing his back. He probably couldn't feel it, though, due to the thick leather material of his jacket...

He slowly looked up at me.

I looked at his new style. "Alex...this just isn't you..." I mumbled, shaking my head. "It's not."

"I-I know..."

"Then why are you doing this?" I asked softly.

"I-I just--"

A stupid preppy chick walked over and looked at Alex.

"Ohh...you're hot," she said, smiling.

Sad part is, she had my eyes and hair.

He looked at her. "I'm gay," he said with a lisp.

I snickered.

"Ew!" she exclaimed, slapping him and taking off.

He rubbed his cheek painfully. "Damn, that's more painful than it looks..." he mumbled.

"I'm surprised you didn't retaliate," I said.

"I don't hit girls."

My eyes widened. "So I could beat you up and you wouldn't do anything about it?!"

"Pretty much..."

I smirked. "I'll keep that in mind for the next time you tick me off."

Alex smiled weakly, looking nervous.

I laughed. "I'll catch you around, Alexander," I said, walking off.