Status: Will keep on updating as long as the comments keep coming on. xx

The End to Our Story

Chapter 3

Liam P.O.V

That night, I couldn’t fall asleep somehow even with Danielle by my side. I carefully un-wrapped my arms from her waist and softly got up from the bed without waking her up. I shut the door to our room as quietly as possible.

I made my way to the mini refrigerator in our hotel room, looking for some milk to drink in order to help me get some sleep. Flipping through the television’s channel in the lowest volume while sipping on the glass of milk to keep myself occupied for the night. But nothing seems to catch my interest for long. All that was on was some celebrity gossip channel and boring dramas.

So instead, I went out to the balcony. Leaning against the railing, looking out onto the streets of New York City. It really is the City that never sleeps. The streets were still filled with cars and peoples all busy even though it was almost 2 in the morning.
Holding the glass of milk in my hand as a memory soon reappears in my head.

*Flashback*

I sat alone in the quiet living room. After 2 years just liked Simon told me. Tomorrow was the X-Factor audition. The nerves that got under my skin were the main reason of my sleepless night. Sure everyone had reassured me that I was ready for it and that everything will go smoothly tomorrow but that didn’t cut down the nerves at all.

Suddenly, I heard as footsteps slowly descend the steps. I looked up to see my very sleepy looking girlfriend in the middle of the stairs. Liz rubbed on her drowsy eyes and glance across the living room until her eyes landed on me.

“Liam?” She whispered just loud enough for me to hear. She could tell what was running through my head. “It’s the nerves isn’t it?” I nodded in response.

Liz was spending the night in my house. I guess she knew that something like that was going to happen. We often sleepover at each other’s house and our parents didn’t mind at all. We’ve been doing that since we were kids. Even if we started dating our parents trusted us enough that we weren’t one of those stupid and reckless teenagers to get themselves knocked up in their teens.

I gaze as she was lost into the darkness of the kitchen. She came back out with a cup in her hands and she handed them to me.

“What is it?” I asked and looked at her skeptically at the same time I took it from her hands. She chuckled.

“Milk. It helps calm you down and it would help you sleep.” She plopped down on the couch beside me and snuggled by my side.

“Thanks babe.” I leaned down and place a gentle kiss on her forehead. Then I gulped down the warm milk and let it flow down my throat.

“Do you think I’ll make it through tomorrow?” I said breaking the comfortable silence that settle upon us for the last few minutes.

She gave me an encouraging smile. “Of course you would.”

“But what if I don’t?”

“You will. What are you so worried about?”

“I don’t know.” I sighed. “Maybe I’m not good enough or maybe I forget my lyrics. Or even……” I started to ramble but was soon cut off a her tender lips were place on my own.

Liz pulled away with a comforting beam across her face. Her arms wrapped around my neck. “No more maybes. We all know that you’re good enough. If they don’t see what we see, then they really need to get a checkup done.”

I let out an amused laughed and slipped both arms around her waist. “You going to come along to the audition right?”

“I already said I would.”

“Just confirming. With you by my side, that’s good enough even if I don’t make it.”

“What did I say about doubting yourself, Liam James Payne?” Liz playfully glared at me.

I put both my hands up in surrender. “Sorry mom. I’ll never do that again.”

She grinned and patted my head humorously. “Good boy.”

“So do I get my kiss?” I closed up the distance between us, waiting for a kiss but all I got was a quick peck on the cheek. “That’s it?” I pouted.

“Mmhmm.” She mumbled while trying to stifle a laugh.

“Not good enough. Here.” I pointed to my lips.

“Nope.” She turned away mischievously.

“Look.” I said and she immediately looked towards my direction. I quickly place a kiss on her lips then smirked victoriously at her as I pulled away. “Got it.”

“You dirty liar.”

“But you still love me.” I muttered. She just scrunched up her nose and stuck her tongue out at me. That’s why I loved her. Her playful character draw me to her.

We both wrapped up in each other’s embrace. Talking about the little things and joking around. They managed to get my thoughts away from the audition which I’m utterly grateful for. I saw as she was trying hard to fight against her heavy eyelids that were almost shutting close.

“You’re tired. Go get some rest.” I told her.

She shook her head stubbornly and lied. “I’m still wide awake.” Soon betrayed by her own body as she let out a tired yawn.

I laugh quietly at her stubbornness. “That says otherwise.” She tried to argue but I cut her off. “Come on I’ll accompany you.” She finally gave in and nodded.

I picked her up bridal style form the couch. Both her hands wrapped securely around my neck for support as hear head leaned on my chest falling asleep almost instantly.

*Flashback Ends*

I grinned at the memory of us but soon enough the reality struck me with the fact that there were no longer us, as in Liam and Liz. I was with Danielle now.

The question of why did she left still lingers. Left without any explanations except those five saying she was sorry and that we were over. I wanted to hate her so badly but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t bring myself to do so.

For 2 years, I wonder where she was. Why didn’t she contact? And what happened in that 2 years after we broke up. What was it so bad that she couldn’t tell me? All I knew was that she was good and that was it.

I gazed up into the sky above me and muttered the words I hope she knew.

“I miss you Liz.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Been 2 months. I've been so busy with college and everything that most of my stories have been put on hold. Life's hectic but I'll find time for the stories that i promise. :)

So Comment, Comment and Comment.
Love to know what ya'all are thinking.