Status: Will keep on updating as long as the comments keep coming on. xx

The End to Our Story

Chapter 5

The past few days passed by in a blink of eye. Between the tight schedule of book signing and various different interviews, I didn’t manage to have any alone time or fun time to really explore the city. Not even the slightest bit of time. The only views I’ve seen of the city was through the black tinted window of the car.

However I couldn’t have said the same for Kaylee. She’s been finding her way around the city without me. Exploring it to the fullest. Every day she would come back from her adventure and tell me all about the things she did that day making me quite envious. Though after days of busy work, I finally had the next 2 days to myself before we go back to England.

“Can’t you accompany me today?” I lay on the bed stomach facing down, and head plopped up with my elbows. I watched as she curls her long blonde hair.

“I promise we’ll hang tomorrow.” She replied. She was in an extremely good mood, humming from the very moment she woke up this morning.

“Who are you going out with anyway?” I shot her a skeptical look.

“Someone.” She said simply getting on my nerves.

I rolled my eyes. “Obviously. Who?”

“A guy?”

“Name?”

“Secret.” I saw her reflection from the mirror, a cheeky smirk showed.

I huffed in response. “Bitch.”

“You know you love me.” She said in a sing song voice while she does her final touch ups on herself ready for her date.

How Kaylee managed to get a meet a guy in such a short amount of time we’ve been here is a wonder. I guess it was her charm that she had on most people. She was that person that you could just get along very quickly and it’s just hard to not like her.

“How I wish I could hate you.” I retorted.

“You don’t mean that.” She replied sweetly.

“I want all the details when you get back.”

“I’ll see.”

“I thought we were best friends.” I gasped dramatically.

She ignored me as she picks up her handbag. “Well, I’ve got to go now. Get someone if you want to walk around.”

“I’m not a kid.” I whined.

“Close to one, Liz.” She chuckled. She took her bag and headed out of the hotel room whilst mumbling a quick bye before she shuts the door.

I rolled over to lie on my back. Staring at the ceiling high above wondering how was I going to spend my first day of freedom here in New York. Changing into something much more appropriate for the city where fashion plays an important role, I make my way down to the streets of the Big Apple.

High and tall buildings were all I could see around me. People beside me rushing by for whatever is it they had for the day. It’s fairly easy to feel small and invisible in this big city. Not to mention it is quite easy to get lost too. A cup of warm Starbucks coffee I held in my hand while I strode through the busy streets in this beautiful city. Visiting the Grand Central Station was on the top of my list, so of course I had to do it first.

While I was admiring the beauty of the train station and its amazing architecture on the walls, someone bumped into my shoulder from the back. There goes my cup of coffee, now lying on the floor. The coffee stains the marble floor.

“I’m so sorry.” A boy immediately apologized when he realized it.

“Nevermind.”

“Did you hurt yourself?” He said as he looked at me with worried. At least that is what I make up from his voice considering he was wearing sunglasses and I couldn’t quite see what was written on his face.

“Nope. But I don’t know about my coffee.” I joked and I heard him chuckled. Something about him just seems so familiar, like I’ve seen him before somewhere. It could also probably be my imagination.

“Maybe I should ask you coffee then?” He played along. Great, he has a sense of humor and he’s cute. He might just be the guy that will make me forget Liam. “You alright?” his british accent startled me, putting me out of my trance.

“I fine.” I turned away hiding from the embarrassment I just cause myself. I could feel my cheeks heated up. Have I been starring at this boy that I barely knew? What was wrong with me?

“So you’re alone?” he asked breaking the silence.

“Unfortunately, got ditched.”

“And who would leave a pretty lady alone?”

“My best friend.”

“For a guy?”

“You guessed it.” I smiled. “What about you?”

“Just looking around.” He grinned back causing dimples to appear on his cheek. “I’m really sorry about your coffee. Maybe I can get you another one?”

“It’s alright.” I shrugged didn’t quite catch the meaning behind the question. I can be pretty oblivious sometime, actually most of the time.

He laughed quietly in amusement. “I’m trying to ask you out.”

“Oh. I……” I blank out for a while. Perhaps this was what I needed to move on after so long. “Why not.”

“Great……” He grinned.

“But I still don’t know your name.” I added.

He took off his sunglasses and that was when realization or reality hit me. And it hit hard. The reason of why he felt so familiar. Those messy curly locks, the dimple when he smiles, the strong british accent just like mine, which is not heard much here. How could I have been so stupid to not realize who he was? It was obvious all this while.

“Hi, I’m Harry.”