Status: Will keep on updating as long as the comments keep coming on. xx

The End to Our Story

Chapter 7

I stumbled around the hotel suite with eyes still half closed as I make my way to the bathroom the next morning. After the cold shower taken to awaken myself, drying my now dripping wet hair, I didn’t realize the sitting figure on the other bed.

At least that was until her voice startled me. “Morning.”

I jumped back a little, “Can you not do that.” I hissed, patting on my chest thanks to the almost heart attack experience Kaylee just caused.

“Sorry you’re not paying attention.”

“You’re so hilarious.” I mocked her.

“I know I am.” She smirked not taking her eyes off the television. “You came back late last night.” She randomly stated.

“So?”

“Where have you been?”

“I didn’t know I was hanging out with my mother.”

“Well, now you do.” Kaylee was always immune to sarcasm. Don’t know why but grateful for it. “You telling me?”

“I was out and around.” Okay, so maybe I haven’t told her about my encounter yesterday.

“Alone?”

“If not?”

“You sure?” She looked at me skeptically. I knew she was trying to implicate something but no harm trying to lie right?

“Of course.” I replied. “Why do you ask?”

“Nothing. Just then you must not be the girl hanging out with harry Styles last night.” She said turning up the volume of the television.

I would say I wasn’t always updated and interested in the latest gossip news about celebrity cause I honestly I think it’s stupid and most of the times they aren’t very reliable when it comes to the truth. Plus, it’s pretty much useless to me. No offense but so what if Reese Witherspoon was pregnant or Taylor Swift just broke up might I add again. There was anything I could do. Why do I need to know about someone’s life when I can’t even handle my own? This time was an exception when the news on definitely had my fullest attention.

“Grab your tissues girl, because from what we see Harry Styles just might be off the market. Styles was spotted with a brunette around New York City all day yesterday. And wait up that isn’t the end. Intimacy were seen between both at JFK airport. Pictures are worth thousand words. Without doubt something is going on. As for the lucky lady? Fellow brit, Lauren. Famous author of book My Story in My Words.”

Pictures of me and Harry throughout the entire day flash through the screen. Shot after shot. How could we not realized the paparazzi that has been on our tail all day long? How could I be so careless? One thing I know, Grace isn’t going to be quite happy about this.

“You know I have to say. The girl looks a whole lot like you and surprise, surprise. Her name is Lauren too.” Kaylee said. Each word quoted with strong sarcasm.

“You knew didn’t you?” I stared at her.

“It’s hard to not notice when it’s on almost every gossip channel known to mankind.” She emphasized every.

Before I could argue back, as I expected, a very angry looking Grace came barging into our suite. How did she get in? I’m thinking breaking down the door with her rage.

“Have you seen the news? What were you thinking?” She shouted in frustration.

“Not thinking obviously.” Kaylee mumbled.

“Not helping.” I glared at her.

“Do you know how much trouble this could cause?” He was pacing up and down the carpet of the room.

“I was just hanging out with a friend.” I rolled my eyes. She was probably just exaggerating.

“A friend from the opposite sex who just had to be Harry Styles from One Direction.”

“What’s the big deal?”

She sighed. “Lauren.” She paused at my name. “This could ruin your image.”

“How could it ruin my image?” I exasperated.

“You do know Harry’s past reputation with girls right?”

I nodded. “It’s not like there’s anything going on between us.”

“You and I both know how the press loves to twist the story.”

It’s true what she said. “Fine, what am I suppose to do now?”

She ran her hands through her hand. “I don’t know yet. I’ll talk to the publicist and management. Till then don’t make any statement to the media. Clear?”

“Crystal.”

“Good.” She was ready to leave but warning me before doing so. “Lauren just be more careful next time.”

“You know I still don’t get what this has anything to do with my image. Or do I even have one?” I shook my head as I stare at the spot Grace stood few minutes ago.

“Neither do I.” Kaylee joined me by my side.

“I’m an author. Aren’t they supposed to be more focused on my book?” I creased my eyebrows in confusion.

“Things are a lot more complicated usually.”

“Still don’t see the connection.”

Kaylee chuckled. “It’s okay. You continue being naïve. It’s not a bad thing. Now go change, we’re heading out.” She ruffled my hair when she walked past me to the bathroom.

Both of us change into something nice before taking the elevator down to the hotel lobby. When the elevator doors opened, we were greeted by those blinding camera flashes.

“Woah, the papz are unusually many and lively today.”

“Thanks to you and your new beau.” She teased me, earning a glare for herself. “Come on.” Kaylee pushed me by my shoulders out towards the door with both of us surrounded by bodyguards.