Status: In progress

I Don't Mean to Be a Bother, But Have You Seen This Girl?

Unknown caller

Kaylees POV

Mary and I both noticed that Alex kept watching me the entire concert. By the time the show ended, Mary had convinced me to write my phone number on a piece of paper. Which of course, isn't the easiest task when people are pushing you around as they make their way out of the venue. I finish writing my number and begin to write my name when I get pushed and I drop the piece of paper.
"Mary! It's gone" I say frantically looking around. She helps me search but its no use. We give up and walk out of the venue and walk back to our hotel.
When we arrive at the hotel, I hear my phone ring. I pull it out of my pocket.
"Who is it?" Mary asks
"No idea.. It says unknown caller" I silence my phone and throw it on my bed as I go and get ready for bed.
By the time I'm done, I have 8 missed calls from this unknown number.
"Maybe you should try calling it back?" Mary suggests "or answer it next time?"
"Either the next time it calls I'll answer it or I'll call it back in the morning" I reply
We wait, staring at my phone for about 30 minutes, no more unknown calls in the time so I turn off my phone and we go to sleep.

Alex's POV

I get back to the bus and unfold the small piece of paper. It has a number on it. It must be hers. Right?
I try calling it. Multiple times actually. It just rings for awhile then goes to voicemail. I'm about to call again when Jack comes over.
"Dude! You're missing the party! What's your problem?" He drunkenly slurs, "are you still thinking you'll ever talk to her again or see her cause face it dude. She's not gonna answer"
Before I can answer, he takes another swig of beer and walks away.
I wait awhile to see if this mystery girl calls me back. But she doesn't. My number probably comes up as unknown. I decide to go to sleep and will call again in the morning. And will leave a message next time.