A Single Moment of Sincerity

The Light Won't Find Us Here

Since Ben is leaving tomorrow you figure you should do something special for your last night together.

You decide to call your friend Cody to ask his advice about what you should do.

You dial his number on your phone and he picks up almost immediately. You don’t even wait for him to say hello. “Okay so Ben is leaving for tour tomorrow and I need to do something special before he leaves and I don’t know what to do so I’m freaking out and I need your help!”

“Woah, woah, woah, calm down! Why don’t you just do something low key tonight, enjoy your time together. Why don’t you just watch a movie and make him dinner or something?” This is why you always call Cody, he always helps you to calm down and get everything figured out.

“Okay so I will make him dinner, or more likely get chinese takeout and get a movie. Sounds good, I can manage that.” you say sighing. “Thank you Cody, I should probably go get ready.” You say your goodbyes and get off the phone.

First things first, you head back to Ben’s place to get the rest of his stuff packed up. You figure it will be a nice surprise for him to be able to relax before he has to leave tomorrow.

You get to work packing up his suitcase before you start to tidy up the rest of the place for tonight. You make up the couch all comfy and pick out a movie to watch tonight. Fargo, it may not be very romantic but it’s one of your favorites. It will be romantic enough just watching it with Ben. Just as you think that you get a new text from him. He will be home in about an hour.

You jump up to get ready before you order the food. What the hell are you going to wear tonight? You want to look good for him, but you wan’t to be comfy watching the movie. You decide to sacrifice comfort for style and decide to wear your little polka dot dress with bright green straps. You refresh your make-up and hair. You examine yourself in the mirror, reasonably satisfied with your appearance. Green eyes glittering, dark curls cascading down your back.

You quickly get your food and set up in the living room, now you just have to wait for Ben to arrive. Soon enough you hear the door open, you run to meet Ben at the door.

“Welcome home!” you yell wrapping your arms around his neck. “Hey baby.” Ben replies wrapping his arms around you squeezing you tight. You pull away for a moment and look him in the eyes. “I packed your bags for tomorrow. I thought we could have a relaxing final night together. I got some food, and a movie for us to watch.” you tell him smiling. “That sounds wonderful.” he kisses you lightly on the lips before abruptly scooping you up in his arms, carrying you to the couch.

The two of you settle in and begin the movie. Once you’re finished eating you cuddle up together and Ben throws a blanket over the two of you. As you lay your head on his chest you can feel your eyelids getting heavy. Ben begins gently stroking your hair. You let out a sigh of contentment. You feel Ben kiss your forehead before you drift off to sleep with a smile on your face. The last thing you remember thinking is how lucky you are to have such a wonderful man.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave feedback on my blog please! breathing-architecture.tumblr.com