Status: Starting out

Shine Bright Like a Diamond

That's her?!

I pulled into my parking spot and turned the car off, leaning to give Val one last kiss before getting out. Remy mumbled something about taking the bags, and Gemma stood holding Diamond directing Remy on what to do. "I've missed you." Val said as she picked up her small bags, leaving the larger two for me. I kissed her again and smiled. "Is this the part where you kick us out?" Remy asked as he shut the back of my SUV and grinned. Val looked away blushing and shook her head and walked towards the doors to the apartment elevator.
"You know Val, if you are going to stay here, you are going to need a car." Remy said looking over at her as she slipped on her shoe. We were getting ready to go out to dinner. We were heading to Bella Vista, I knew Val was going to love the view. When I called, I might have dropped my name, I had to make sure we got the best view over looking the city. It was a Friday night, and I knew the view with the city lite up would be amazing. I smiled over at Val as she slipped her jacket on. She looked beautiful, her hair done perfectly, the deep red dress looked perfect against her tan skin, and I silently thanked Remy for backing out, announcing her rented a car and planed to take his family to Dave and Busters for some fun. I wasn't sure how much fun a three year old could have there but I was thankful. I took Val by the hand and led her out towards the car, a text buzzing in my pocket from Remy asking if tonight was the night. No, not her first night in town. I wasn't ready to do it just yet.
"It's beautiful!" She whispered standing next to the glass overlooking the city. I smiled at her. Helping her out of her jacket and into a chair. "I knew you'd like it." I smiled at her. She was breath taking tonight. I couldn't stop looking at her, it was almost as if she wasn't really here. "So how have you been?" I asked and looked at her, and for the briefest second I panicked, feeling like a stranger to the one I love the most. Being apart did its tole on us. She and I both knew it. She smiled, sipping the wine. "Great, keeping busy, I have dinner with your mom and Remy's mom once a week, you know same as always." She smiled. "What about you? I saw a few people at the airport wearing your number." She laughed. I grinned. "Must be doing good huh?" I smiled at her comment. No matter how much we were apart, she never failed make me laugh. "So you want to come tomorrow right?" I asked and she nodded. "Remy mentioned we can watch practice too." She said and looked at me. "Since Gemma doesn't think Diamond would be awake enough to go, me and Remy were thinking of coming." She said and looked at me, "If that's ok with you." She added and looked at me, moving slightly as the waitress placed our dinners down. I nodded and smiled. "That's totally fine, just be careful, we have a fierce fan base." I told her. She nodded and looked at me, taking my hand in hers. "I am so happy to be here." She whispered. "The city it's just beautiful. I feel like every time I've been here, I have never actually got to see what it truly had to offer." She said and let go of my hand. I nodded and looked at her, "Now is the chance." I told her and she nodded and began to eat.
I paid the bill and we left, hand in hand we walked out to the car. "I want to show you something." I told her and began to make the short drive to the top of Mt. Washington, where you could stand on the overlook and see the whole city. I parked the car and noticed a few other people looking and taking pictures. Her eyes widened and the sight as she bounced out of the car calling for me to hurry. She walked up to the railing and smiled. "I love it here." She laughed as I smiled. I was thrilled to hear her say that. She began to take tons of pictures with her phone. I came up behind her and whispered how much I loved her in her ear. She smiled and just kept looking. We fell into a comfortable silence after that. With one last look we headed towards the car. I smiled at her as I helped her into the car. Kissing her gently and shut the door.
I pressed her back gently into the front door, kissing her deeply. Pulling away to unlock the door. I stuck my head in and listened, no sign of Remy. That was good. She followed me, hand in hand. I led her towards the bed room, kicking the door shut behind me I grinned at her. "I love you so much." I said and started unzipping her dress...
I woke up the next morning, and jumped in the shower. I came out collecting my gear and kissed Val gently and told her goodbye. I walked out towards the door, and noticed Remy eating a bowl of cereal. I waved goodbye to him and left. I threw my gear into my car and I left. I drive to practice and walked into the locker room and started to change. I ignored my team mates asking about my night. I skated out on the ice and started to warm up. Just as practice was almost over, Max skated up to me. "Is that your girl?" He asked and nodded towards where Remy and Val were sitting. I nodded and he punched my arm. "No wonder you kept her hidden." He winked and skated off. I shook my head and ignored him. Sometimes he should think before he chose to speak. After practice I skated over to where they were. "Head back to the locker room." I said and Remy nodded. I knew he could get there. I went back in, showered and changed. I grabbed my phone and texted Remy that they could come in if they wanted.
I watched as they walked in, a few strange looks casted their way from others. I pulled her in for a kiss and nodded towards Remy. "I know you have to go home and sleep, so we are all going out for a while so Di doesn't keep you up." He said and smiled. I nodded and took her hand and led her out towards the cars. I pulled her in for a tight hug, and kissed her one last time. She grinned and wished me luck as I opened the door for her. I waved to Gemma who sat half asleep with a sleeping Diamond. "Good luck, see you after the game." Gemma said and I shut Val's door and watched as Remy climbed in and took off.
Going home, was weird my house empty when hours before it was filled. I could see traces of them still there. Diamonds toys in the living room, Remy's shoes by the door, Gemma's cup of coffee on the table, and the bed smelled of Val's perfume. I set the passes down on the table, grabbed a note pad, left them a note of where to go to get to the box, and passes for after the game. Walking into the bedroom, I text Val and closed my eyes, dreaming of winning the game and seeing Val afterwards.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is yet another chapter. Please enjoy.