Status: Being rewritten

You'd Do the Same

We Are The Lions

By the middle of August I had run into the guys from Pierce The Veil at parties and other places. I was currently trying to edit some pictures but I kept getting distracted. Eventually I gave up and decided on going for a walk to clear my mind. I lit up a cigarette and started walking and before I knew it I was in an area of town I wasn’t very familiar. Now in hindsight I probably should’ve paid more attention to what was around me. If I had I wouldn’t have been blind sighted by the bat to the back of the head. I should give myself credit, I responded to that fairly fast. I was up against four guys who looked like your typical thug and they all looked ready to kick my ass.

Zack’s POV
This party has sucked, the only reason I’ve stayed is because of my conversation with Vic. I had met the Fuentes brothers in high school and kept in touch with them over the years. I felt my phone buzzing in my pockets and pulled out and answered it. “Hello,” I answered stepping outside where it was quieter. About five minutes I returned inside to see if someone more sober than I could give me a ride. As it turns out the PTV guys were getting ready to leave and were more than willing to give me a ride.
Conner’s POV
I hated hospitals so much. Not because it’s where people went to die or bullshit like that. But because I spent so much time in them as a kid and teenager. This may come as a surprise but foster homes are always the most nurturing. I was waiting on a nurse to come and wrap my hand up as I had busted several of my knuckles fighting back. It was added to the list of injuries I had sustained tonight after being jumped. A nurse entered the room followed by Zack and the guys from PTV. They all had shocked looks as they took in my appearance and I gave them a weak grin in hopes to make this situation a little less awkward. After my hand was wrapped I was discharged and I was given a prescription for pain meds and instructions for my stitches and hand. “What the fuck happened Conner?” Zack questioned when we got out to the car. “I got jumped,” I replied nonchalantly climbing into the backseat next to Mike. I noticed Jaime was nowhere to be seen and I quickly brought that up. I was given a look from Vic so I dropped that subject and leaned my head back. I could really feel all the pain meds they’d given me taking effect and it became harder to keep my eyes open. When we arrived home I was helped inside by Mike and Zack, “You are way fucking heavier than you look,” Mike joked. “Are you calling me fat?” I mumbled barely even coherent at this point. He just laughed and before I knew it I was set in bed and I felt what little energy I had left drain out of me and I passed out.

I woke up to the sound of people downstairs and I sat up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I flinched at the pain and then last night came back in flashes, I then noticed the bottle of pain meds on my night stand along with a bottle of water. I popped two of them in my mouth and took a gulp of the water so I could swallow them. I felt gross, still in my clothes from last night and I could smell the hospital in them as well. After showering and getting dressed I wondered downstairs to find all of the PTV guys in the kitchen along with Zack. Vic noticed me first and his eyes widened slightly at how much worse the bruising looked today. I ignored all the looks I was receiving and poured myself a cup of coffee and took a seat next to Jaime, who bless him didn’t mention my current state.
I ignored the looks until I started to feel uncomfortable, and gave everyone minus Jaime a harsh glare. “Honestly guys it’s not that big of a deal, I’ve been worse off,” I said and this statement seemed to further confuse the PTV guys but brought a look of realization across Zack’s face. “Foster homes aren’t the best place to grow up,” was all I gave before heading back up to my room. I finished up the pictures that I was working on last night and loaded my computer up so I could go and show them to my client. I noticed everyone was still here and I stopped by the kitchen doorway before I left, “I never thanked you guys for last night, I really appreciate you coming and helping me out,” was all I said and flashed them a quick smile before going on my way.

“These are fucking great dude,” Caleb commended looking through all the pictures I had taken last week for him. I met Caleb back in college, we were both art majors. Him for design and myself for photography, I kept in touch with him over the years and did all of his photography. The photos were for his fall catalogue and some promo pics from his store in downtown opening. He handed me an envelope with my pay in it and left to another meeting he had. When I got home everyone was gone and I made my way to my room and fell face first onto the bed. I felt the bed move and noticed Stark had hopped up onto the bed and laid down next to me. I pet his head real quick before setting up my equipment to film a video.
“So as you guys can see I got jumped the other day. I’m fine no permanent damage. Anyway it’s that time of year where some of you are heading back to school and that will be the topic of this very video”.
If I distracted myself enough I wouldn’t notice the actual feelings I was having.
♠ ♠ ♠
More to come soon