‹ Prequel: If We Leave Love

Returning Love

I Loved You

Image


OLIVER’S POV

“It's like two in the morning princess what are you doing up?” I mumbled as I carried Ava back to her bed.

“I can't sleep” she whined, God she was just like her mother.

“If I tell you a story will it help you go back to sleep?” she nodded curling back into her pillows and I sat on the edge of her bed pushing her curly hair out of her face.
“Ok, so once upon a time there was a princess and…”

“What was her name?” She asked her. Eyes closed but she was paying attention and I wasn't prepared for questions, I had never done this before put a kid to bed, tell a bed time story but for some reason it was easy with Ava.

“Ok princess Eva”

“Shouldn't it be Ava?” She interrupted again

“Hey who's telling the story here?” I laughed tickling her sides

“You are!” She giggled

“That's right, now lay back down. Ok so there was a princess who's name was Ava and she lived in a big castle way up high in the clouds with her very beautiful mummy. But there was a curse put on the princess and her mummy so they couldn't sleep. So when they both lay awake in the middle of the night cause the evil witch put a curse on them they do fun things like dance around their house.”

“In the clouds?” Ava asked groggy and half asleep

“Yes in the clouds baby and they told each other stories of Prince charming climbing through their window and whisking them away to live happily ever after.”
And as I said the words it was like it had sunk in for me also, the double meaning behind them. I’d been thinking about it for days but as I said the words unconsciously without realizing it I knew it was true.

I checked to find Ava asleep again, that wasn’t so hard I supposed I could do this. I turned around to find Indie watching me in the doorway.

“I didn’t mean to wake you.” I mumbled reaching her and placing a delicate kiss to her lips.
“Its okay, I liked your story.” She smiles

“She couldn’t sleep.” I say of explanation but she nods like she already knows and of course she does, so she leads us back into her room and crawls back into bed on her side. For a while all is quiet and I think maybe she has fallen asleep and then she speaks her voice so quiet in the night.

“Is everything okay Oli, you’ve been really quiet all night?” she asks and I realise how observant she is of me.

“I kinda wanted to talk to you about something.” I mumbled and she nods and adjusts slightly so that we are facing each other properly. “I uummm… I am going to go back home, by the end of the week.” I mumbled

“Oh” she interjects quite quickly and she sounds defensive “Well yea I can’t expect you to stay and live in fantasy land with me…”

“Actually I like fantasy land.” I cut in though I don’t know what she really means by this. “I wanted to know if you wanted to move back to Sheffield with me?”

“What?” her face is almost priceless and he voice just rose about ten octaves.

“I mean I have the room and Tom doesn’t mind I’ve asked him he’s actually looking at places to move out with his girl. And you could find a job it wouldn’t be hard and I know you have the girls and a whole support system but mum could help out and…” I drifted off my rambling losing its momentum.
“You’re uuummmm…. I'm a package deal Oli, you do realise that it wouldn’t just be me?” What is she thinking of course I know she’s a package deal I just put that package to bed.

“No I thought you would leave Ava here to tell herself bed time stories.” I laugh, but she’s not laughing with me.

INDIANA’s POV

My mind it racing a hundred miles per hour, thinking a million different things and yet at the same time absolutely nothing at all. He just asked me to move to Sheffield with him, which would kind of make us a family.

“Are you serious, have you really thought about this?” because I don’t want to decide that this could actually work for him to then decide he made a mistake, but could I actually uproot everything I have here and move just over three hours away?

Oli places his palm flat against my face rubbing his thumb back and forth while he looks at me, really looks at me in the eye expressing all emotion like I haven’t seen since I was seventeen.
“I love you, and I loved you when I was 21, but when I was 21 I let you go, I didn’t fight for you Inds. This time whether you come to Sheffield or not, we’re gonna make this work, I'm not letting you go a second time.”

I didn’t realise I was crying until Oli swiped the tear from my cheek.

“I love you too.” I mumbled, “Can I have a day to think about this?” I asked because even though I love him I still needed to think about what was best for my daughter and I.

“Of course baby, there is no rush.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys so thanks heaps for all the support on this story it really means a lot to me. I won't be able to update probably till February now as i go on holidays so please stick with me on this story i do have plenty of ideas and i even though i haven't finished writing it i know how its going to end.
Stay safe over the holiday season Merry Christmas and Happy New Year <3