‹ Prequel: If We Leave Love

Returning Love

Be Honoured

Image


“What days do you have off this week?” Oli asked through the phone I was at work and had to stop tattooing because he had persisted to call me seven times in a row I mean come on Oli.

“Really that’s what you called me for, I'm busy at work.”

“Then answer the question and I’ll let you get back to it.” He laughed

“Uuummm I have tomorrow off and then Sunday, why?”

“Cause I want to spend the day with you we will go sight seeing in London be total tourists.”

“Are you high?” I asked laughing “I’ve ben living in this city for over two years now and I'm pretty sure you know it pretty well too.”

“No I am not high how can you make such an accusation.” He laughed again “And yes I know that we will take Ava and just have a fun day.”

“Okay Oli, whatever you like I’ll see you tomorrow, stay out of trouble till then.”

“See ya love.” And with that he hung up leaving me a little confused but also excited because spending an entire day with both Ava and Oli was going to be nice.

Wednesday morning I got up and got dressed in a long sleeved white flowy, smock dress before I decided to wake Ava.

“Baby want to wake up now?’ I asked as I gently shook her she shook her head back at me and rolled over away from me. “But baby Oli is going to come over and we are going to go out all of us and its going to be fun.” I tried coaxing her

“With Oli?” she asked and I had to laugh

“Yes with Oli.”

“Okay I dress myself!” she declared and I had to laugh at how quick she had changed her attitude.

“Ill go make breakfast, call put if you get stuck.” I laughed

I met Chanti in the kitchen who had just made coffee “Oh I love you.” I smiled

“What are you guys doing today?” she asked

“Going sight seeing with Oliver.” I chuckled

“Oh that is so cute.” She cooed like she was talking to Ava and not me

“Oh shut up,” I smacked her “I did try telling him I lived here and therefore sight seeing was a bit od, but he is Oliver.”

“Don’t be stupid the boy loves you and he wants to spend time with your daughter as well.”

“You don’t know that Chant, this could be a massive disaster.”

“Don’t be stupid, I have to go to work, have fun.” And with that she was gone and within fifteen minutes Oli was on my door step and I was having to fix Ava because lets face it she likes to think she is more mature then she really is.

“So where are we going?” I asked Oli while I brushed Ava’s little ringlets out

“I kinda wanted to go Camden Markets I know that’s not really sight seeing but I haven’t been in ages.”

“Hah lets face it there is always a sight to see in Camden Markets,”

“So, cool?” he asked

“So cool.” I laughed.

“Can we go now?” Ava whined

“Yep come on princess.” Oli called as he excited the room.

We decided that we get a bus to Camden market simply cause it was easier then driving and having to find parking, plus I hated driving in London in general. I sat next to Ava to who stood on the bus seat the entire time to look out the window while Oliver sat in the seat behind us. We spoke about the songs he has been writing and how they are really quite heavy and dark but had more of a positive message about them then any of his previous work did. While I told him about the piece o had been doing the previous when he interrupted me. It was nice, it wasn’t talk about five years ago or about what had happened in between, it was about the present, the now.

Camden market was one of those places that you either loved or hated, for me I loved it, it never really changed all that much every time you came all the shops were the same but it was like you found something new or different around every unexpected corner. And you never went home empty handed. It was also one f the few places where Oli was recognised and stopped on the street not by many just a few who were polite and wanted a photo or autograph and he was happy to oblige. It was the first time I had really seen him interact with fans and it was a little strange.

We wandered in and out of shops with Ava either scoped up in my arms or holding Oliver’s heavily tattooed hand. We tried on hats and big fury coats. And found a leather shop that had everything including child-sized jackets that we basically forced Ava into, they were horrible and she continuously complained that it smelt bad, she was right. We ventured past a stall that exfoliated your feet for you by placing your feet in a bucket of small fish and Ava was so amazed that they let her put her finger in the bucket for her to only scream and jump back when the fish touched her. Making Oli and I laugh and scop her up in his arms still laughing at her.

“Okay tell me Ava has a pair of these” Oli asked as he picked up a tiny pair of Vans they were pink and purple and he looked a little funny holding them.

“No she doesn’t actually.” He looked at me like I was seriously depriving my child of something “They are expensive,” I told him and I think he understood that I couldn’t just afford to throw money around.

“Well I would be honoured.” He chuckled

“Oliver” I protested

“I'm buying her them I don’t care, come here sweets do you like this colour?” he asked pulling her into his arms, she pointed to a canary yellow pair instead. I had a truly unique daughter.

“Thank you.” I told him once we had left the shop another bag in hand.

“Indie it’s okay, I get it okay you’ve done this on your own, I'm just buying her a pair of shoes.” He smiled that beautiful Oli smile that you don’t see often and wrapped an arm around my shoulders pulling me closer while I held Ava’s hand as we continued to walk.

And before I knew what was happening I was being pushed from behind and stumbled almost falling to the pavement and men were yelling at each other. It took me a moment to realise that a fight had broken out on the sidewalk and we just happened to be in the firing line and they weren’t letting up.

“Indie walk in front of me.” Oli yelled at me hand on my hip to guide me out of their way.

“Where’s Ava?” it suddenly dorned on me that I had let go of her hand when I had been pushed.

“I’ve got her don’t worry.” He told me and I quickly moved as far away from the brawl as I could, stopping when I knew we were out of harms way. I whipped around to see Ava perched on Oil’s hip one arm supporting her back while the other held her head protected in the crock of his neck. It was the most perfect sight to be seen.

“Baby, you okay?” I asked rubbing her back and she nodded profusely. I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before I moved to Oli, his eyes meeting mine in pure silence for a moment or two before I moved so that my lips too met his. It was soft and sweet and he was I'm sure a little taken back, it was the first time I had kissed him in five years and it felt so familiar and so right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey so i know this has taken a while to get up sorry ive just been super busy with uni thanks for the comments urging me on though, i love it. In other news check out my new story and let me know what you think Rotten Bones
Indie’s Outfit
also let me know if you liked how this ended?