‹ Prequel: If We Leave Love

Returning Love

Stay

Image


As the days continued to move into weeks they all kind of flowed the same, on the odd day I would have off Ava, Oliver and I would go out sight seeing or even just to the park not far from my block. It was always something different but always nice, it was a routine we had built one we were comfortable with, one I enjoyed.

After about a month of Oli and the boys being around Maddie had cracked the shits, declaring that it was about fucking time that she met them. And so tonight I left Ava with old Mrs White who lived the floor above me while we got everyone together for a night of drinks, and with these boys God knows what else.

Maddie arrived at the apartment bouncing with energy that you rarely saw from Maddie, she was the quiet, introvert of the Pavic sisters but tonight seemed to be a different story.

“What are you wearing?” She yelled through the house, I poked my head out the door and caught her scoping up Ava before placing a hundred kisses on her face.

“This.” I yelled back forcing her to come into the room Chanti following behind. I wore black leather tights with a white dressy and a little sexy blouse, matching it with lovely heels and red lip stick. While both girls wore little dresses Maddie matching her’s with black polka dot stockings.
“You look hot.” Chanti called

“Yea so do you in that little thing, trying to impress are we.” I retorted

“Hey now, I think the same could be said about you.” Maddie interjected making us all laugh.

“Whatever lets go.”

After leaving Ava with Mrs White we were on our way, the club wasn’t far and I drove figuring I wouldn’t drink too much and would be designated driver. We found all the boys already seated at a large booth in the back of the club and introduced them all to Maddie, she waved and sat on the end of the booth next to Chanti, I could tell she was feeling a little shy, she was never as open as Chanti. I squeezed in next to Oli on the opposite side of the booth from Maddie and blew air kisses to all the boys. Beers were placed in front of us and conversation started up easily.

“I have a surprise for you.” Oli whispered in my ear so only I could hear him

“What?” I asked with a curious smile on my face

“You’ll find out soon enough.” He laughed and I smacked at his arm, I wanted to know now.

But that was how the night continued, with beers and easy banter, Maddie was still quiet but she was doing better as time progressed, it was liquid courage. Jona and Lee decided they were going to try and test their luck with the ladies and ventured off into the club to try and bring back a bird, which made everyone laugh.

“I think you should go to the bar and get a drink.” OIi told me after quite some time. I looked at him funny considering my glass was still half full. “Just go get a drink.” He told me again and I looked over at the bar confused before I saw the side profile of someone who looked very failure.

“Is that my surprise?” I asked rather loudly and everyone stared at me, like I was going crazy.

“Go on.” He told me and I quickly pulled him in to give him a peck on the lips before I all but ran to the bar latching onto the back of the one man who could only ever be my true partner in crime Alec.

“Fucking hell Indie you made me spill my beer,” he yelled at me laughing, turning to pull me into a proper hug before pulling away from me to look at me properly. It had been so long since I had seen Alec over five years and I didn’t even say goodbye to him.

“Look at you all grown up.”

“I'm sorry.” I mumbled an apology.

“Don’t worry sweetheart, I'm just glad the boys have found you now.” And with that I pulled him over to our table I sat back down next to Oli cuddling into his side more as a thanks for reuniting me with one of my closest friends.

“Alec this is Chanti and Maddie, girls this is Alec he was my partner in crime.” I smiled

“Hey!” Chanti protested as if to say I was her partner in crime but I just shrugged I would always hold a special part of my heart for Alec he was like the brother I didn’t have.

He gave polite curtsey to both girls before sitting next to Maddie and taking an instant liking to her. And over time I think it made Chanti jealous that a guy was swooning over her younger sister instead of her. Even if her maybe boyfriend Matt was sitting next to her, she kept trying to butt into their conversation and include herself almost blocking Mattie out.

The night progressed much along the same lines just with an added hint of tequila and Alec continuously buying me Jack Daniel ‘for old times sake’ he kept saying. To put it simply I had become rather drunk.

“I'm taking you home.” Oli mumbled in my ear laughing as I shivered from his breath on my skin.
“I have to take the girls home.” I told him

“That’s okay we can take Chanti as long as she is ready to leave now and Alec do you mind dropping Maddie home?” Oli asked

“I think we can manage that, yea doll?” He asked her and she just nodded as he pulled her closer.

“Come home with me” Chanti told Matt who didn’t seem all that impressed.

“What after you ice me out half the night.” He retorted, you didn’t mess with Mattie; he was kind but could throw it back in your face if you asked for it.

“Please baby?” Chanti whined way too drunk.

“Okay come on guys.” OIi declared getting everyone up and moving, never would I believe that Oliver would be the most sober person out of all of us.

The four of us piled into my car with Oliver behind the wheel so much for me being designated driver, I blame it on Alec’s arrival. You could feel the tension in the car coming from Chantelle and Matt, I had no idea what her problem was all night but she was being a bitch. As we pulled up into the car park of the apartment building the couple behind us got out without a word said and left Oli and I sitting in the car.

“Do you want me to come up and get Ava with you?” He asked and I nodded, I didn’t want him to leave at all really.

He held my hand the entire way up the stairs to get Ava and I knocked on Mrs White’s door looking at our enlaced fingers. The old lady looked tired as she opened the door but smiled at us none the less moving back into the apartment to collect my daughter.

“I'm sorry were so late.” I apologised

“No worries dear as long as you had a good night, she was an angel as usual.” She paused “And you must be Oli?” she asked addressing the man who was taking a sleeping Ava out of my arms.

“Yes mam.” He replied cradling Ava so she would hopefully stay asleep.

“Yes I’ve heard all about you tonight, it seems this little girl has taken quite a liking to you.” She smiled and in hearing that I smiled too placing my hand on the small of Oli’s back.

Oli just chuckled I'm sure not quite sure on how to reply. He carried Ava back down the stairs to our level and placed her in her bed and tucked her in. Just as the yelling started from the other couple that had been bickering all night. I let it go for a few minutes Oli and I just looking at each other not sure what to do about them arguing, before it kicked up a level in volume and I made my way to Chanti’s door barging in.

“Hey,” They stopped arguing and looked at me “I don’t know why you two are fighting” with that I was cut off by Mattie.

“She has been a bitch all night, obsessing over Alec when I'm sitting right next to her.”

“Yea I know, but I don’t really care right now if you two wake up Ava I'm going to kill you both.” And with that I walked back out of their room closing the door behind me.

Oli was a smiling mess on the other side of the door almost laughing at me a little tipsy, he opened his arms for me and I stepped into them.

“She is stupid she has no idea what’s standing in front of her, if she messes that up.” I scowled into Oli’s chest he just laughed at me some more.

“Stay tonight.” I mumbled

“Are you going to make me sleep on the couch again?” He chuckled.

“No” I mumbled pulling him along with me into my bedroom. I quickly shimmied out of my clothes and into an oversized t-shirt before crawling into bed. And Oli did the same removing his skin tight jeans and jacket and moving in next to me.

We laid facing each other in the nice quiet of the early morning.
“You should sleep drinky.” He chuckled

“I don’t want to sleep.” I told him shaking my head like Ava would to something she disagreed on.

“What do you want to do then?” He asked both of us lying on our sides under the covers facing one another.

“Just lay here and look at you.” I smiled

“Maybe you’re more drunk then I thought.”

“I'm not,”

“Will you talk to me then, tell me about Ava and Australia and your parents?” He asked. I knew Oliver wanted to know more I had only really skimmed across details; I hated talking about it all. But I knew he wanted to know.

“What do you want to know?” I asked expressing a large sigh

“Everything.” He mumbled moving a piece of hair from my face.

“Okay.” I paused really unsure of what to say. “uuuuummmm I started dating Ryan maybe six months after I left Sheffield, he was a lawyer who was very clean cut and proper…and he was everything you are not. He was my distraction form you.” I paused shaking my head it sounded stupid now. “We dated for a while we weren’t exclusive or serious is was just some fun, my parents loved him, they’re all great family friends.” How did I compress everything that had happened?

“Anyway I got pregnant, and when I told Ryan he basically said no worries I have the money we will get rid of it quickly and no one will have to know. I couldn’t understand how he didn’t even think twice about it. So I told my parents thinking that they would be on my side I mean after all they wanted grand children so badly, I thought they would tell Ryan he was an ass hole and stick by me. Instead they told me I was stupid for thinking I could look after a kid, that I was incapable and embarrassment to the family, therefore we would get rid of it quick smart.”

“Indie…” Oli mumbled

“They just, they didn’t ask me what I wanted, they didn’t care that this was a life they were dealing with, my parents have never thought much of me you know that…but this hurt.” I paused I didn’t know what else to say and I realised that Oliver’s knuckles were slowly but surely turning white from the grip he had on the bed sheets. He was almost fuming.

“Oliver.” I smiled up at him covering his tattooed hand with my own petit one. “Don’t be like that, its okay now.” I smiled up at him.

“I just I don’t understand.” I knew he was mad but it wasn’t at me, I opened his palm flat and placed it against my cheek.

“My sister was great.” I smiled Alison and I would always support each other. “Lent me some money, when I told her I wanted to move back here, she was here when Ava was born I call her every week.”

“I hate this…”

“What?” I asked him

“I hate that that’s how it happened, I hate that I wasn’t there”

“Stop” I cut him off

“It is okay, I am okay with it all I have this beautiful little girl and I have Chanti and Maddie and the guys at the tattoo shop, I am lying in bed with you.” I told him “and I really didn’t realise how much I missed you until you wandered back into my life.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys sorry for the delayed updates i hope this makes up for it.
Please let me know what you think and if i started a new fan-fiction who do you want me to write about (throw it all out there) or do you want an Original story?
Not updating till i get a few comments (sorry to be a bitch)
Love.

Indie’s Outfit