‹ Prequel: If We Leave Love

Returning Love

Sleepy

Image


I woke up the next morning groggy and tangled in sheets and Oliver, still sleepy from laying with him all night and talking I tried to snuggle into him more and go back to sleep. I think it worked for a while because when I woke again it was because Ava was jumping on the bed between Oli and I.

“Stop Ava, you can’t…” I stopped as I Oli rolled over and tried to wipe the sleep from his eyes “Ava get down and get out.” I don’t know why it almost embaressed me that she had wondered into my room and was jumping on my bed while Oli was also in it and for some reason I felt like Oli would be annoyed or reject me or I'm really not sure. But my first instinct was to get her out.

“Mumma…” she whined

“Come here cheeky.” Oli laughed grabbing one of her ancles and pulling her down on her bum on the bed and she laughed even more. “I'm still sleepy are you still sleepy?” Oli asked her and I sat up biting my lip not knowing how Oli was taking wking up to an almost three year old jumping on him.

“kind of…” she mumbled

“Lets go back to sleep then.” And with that he pulled down the covers slightly and let Ava crawl into the middle of us and get comfy she instantly curled into my side and I felt myself become completely at ease with the situation and with my life.

After a few minutes Oli spoke up looking at me over the top of a sleeping toddler “What was that all about, trying to get rid of her?”

I shook my head now a little embarrassed by my reaction “I just didn’t know how you were going to take it waking up with a kid jumping on the bed and in your face…”

Instead of saying anything he leaned over the top of Ava and placed a kiss on my lips. “The only time you need to stress about anything like that is if I'm naked under the sheets.” He laughed and I face palmed.

I woke up for the third time not long later and got up leaving Ava and Oli in bed and decided id make chocolate chip pancakes for everyone, I found Chanti in the kitchen making coffee, curing at the machine.

“Morning.” I mumbled

“We need a new coffee machine.” She mumbled back clearly frustrated

“I think you just need to plug it into a power point…” I argued

“Well fuck you.” She replied chuckling, plugging it in and suddenly there was coffee.

“What happened with you last night?” I asked wanting to get to the bottom of her ignoring Matt.

“I don’t know I was drunk…”

“That’s a lame excuse, try again…”

“I don’t know Alec is cute and…” basically she didn’t have a reason for being a bitch.

“But you have Matt, and yous have been getting along great why would you just start flirting with Alec?”

“Why was he so into Maddie so quickly?” she asked instead

“You know I love you right?” I asked her and she nodded “But if your just fucking around with Matt and want to fuck around with Alec on the side or if you don’t actually legitimately like Matt, then you need to end it cause I'm not supporting this Chanti those boys are my family and I'm not going to let you mess with them both.” I told her I didn’t mean to be rude but seriously she couldn’t have her cake and eat it too. And with that she gave up on her coffee and left the room and I heard the shower start to run not a minute later.

By the time everyone seemed to emerge and they all emerged at the same time I had a stack of twenty pancakes sitting on the table.

“Thanks mamma.” Matt yelled a mouth full of pancakes as they all stuffed their faces.

“Anytime Matty” I smiled because I loved this. I felt like I had a real family or I was defiantly starting to build one, the prospect of the boys going home back to Sheffield was never really a thought in the forefront of my mind I couldn’t lose them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise profusely i saw Bring Me The Horizon live this week managed to get front row and it was more then amazing i swear there is no front man who can captivate an audience more. So I will finish this.
Thoughts?