Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Nice of you to show your face

"MOMMY!" a whine pulled me from my dreamless sleep. I slowly rolled towards the sound and came eye to eye with my three year old daughter. She giggled and leaned in to kiss my cheek. Oh how I love my baby girl!

"Good morning, sweetheart." I said as I stood up, my voice a little raspy from sleep. I cleared my throat and picked up my little girl.

"How did you sleep, mommy? Uncle Ken and Liam are making pancakes!" she spoke excitedly. 'Uncle' Ken is my best friend who practically helps me raise my twins. He was the one who let me stay with him and his family, to get me out of Thunder Bay, and here I was today, in our apartment. Most people who dont know us well think that Ken is my twins father but thats not the case. Ken's new boyfriend would be confused by that.

"Mama!" Liams eyes lit up when he saw me as he ran over and hugged my leg.

"Hello, my darling." I cooed as I reached down and touched his beautiful strawberry blonde hair. I set Iris on the chair and Ken slid pancakes over to her. Liam jumped away from me and sat right beside his sister, waiting for his own food.

After breakfast, the nerves started to settle in and I was a nervous wreck. I was running around the house like a mad woman, making sure myself and the kids were ready. I wore a tight black pencil skirt and a light blue blouse. When I was 16, I thought my body would be ruined from having twins but I had the same toned but curvy figure, maybe from all the hockey. I left my long golden locks wavy and down, they went down to about the middle of my waist. I did my make up naturally but my light blue eyes always popped, even without the make up. I slipped into my stilettos and could walk just fine in them, thanks to skating.

I put Iris in her light blue dress and brushed her blonde hair out and decided on a bun with a few pieces framing her face.

"Do I look as beautiful as mommy always does?" I smiled at her, hardly believing how much I loved her.

"You look ten times prettier than mommy ever has." I told her as I kissed her forehead. She gave me a disbelieving look. She and Liam were smarter and more well-spoken than some adults I knew.

"Liam!" I shouted and he came running in the room. That kid only has one speed. I fixed him up and put him in his mini suit. I had them pose for a picture. They were such gorgeous children, inside and out. I grabbed both of their hands as we walked out to my car. Ken gave me a hug and a reassuring smile that helped me calm my nerves a little. I coudnt help but be worried as I strapped them into there car seats. I knew very well that my parents and brothers were going to be there as the teams announced their draft picks. They didnt know I was even being drafted or that I was pregnant. I never had the guts to talk to them after I left, except the brief emails to ensure I was alive, which stopped 2 months after I left. The owners and i knew the Penguins were drafting me but wanted to keep it a secret until today. First girl, who wasnt a goalie, to ever be drafted into the NHL. And a Staal sister no one knows about. Oh boy, was the hockey world and my family in for a shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW STORY! Please review and subscribe.
In order for updates, feed back will be needed or I will not update!!!

--K<3

Enjoy!