Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Photograph

As I slipped, I turned to see who was there. His blonde hair took on a white color in the moonlight. I saw the look on his face. It was one of sheer horror. Jordan.

I didnt scream. I didnt cry. I just fell.

The water was freezing. The biting kind of cold that sucks all of the air from your lungs. I was fully immersed in it. I kicked up and broke through the icy hell. I sucked in a breath only to get water as the tide jossled me around.

"DANIELLE!" I heard a frantic scream coming from the water. Jordan? Why would he jump in?

"DANI! DANI! I LOVE YOU. PLEASE DONT STOP FIGHTING." I heard his pleas and oddly enough, it made me stay still.

Jordan Staal sounding desperate. I choked when I tried to laugh. Why I'm laughing when I'm currently drowning? I dont know. Maybe the water is seeping to my brain and causing me to go nuts.

He reached me and his eyes were glassy. I swam away from him. I sure as hell didnt want his help now.

He caught my arm and pulled me into him. I was fighting the tide and him at the same time. Not an easy task.

"Let go of me, Jordan!" I sputtered out and I felt the fight leave my heart and the air leaving me. I was dying. Of that I was sure but I was more calm than I expected I would be.

"Save yourself, Jordy." I used his nick name only I would call him when we were younger. Even though we were both drenched in water, I could see him blinking away tears.

"Dani… Come on." The water was dragging me under. He was struggling to keep himself up. I wouldnt decrease the Staal family by another.

"Jordy," I coughed out as I kicked wildly, "make sure my kids remember me. They deserve more than me anyway. Tell mom and dad I only wanted to ever make them proud of me and I'm sorry… tell our brothers I love them and I want Liam and Iris with Ken or Eric. And Kris… I think i'm in love with him. Tell him, Jordan. I love you, Jordy Staal."

I kissed his cheek and tried to pull away but he didnt budge. With one last tug of the tide, I was pulled away from my older brother. He screamed and that was the last thing I heard before I went under. The last thing I would ever hear.

Jordans POV:

I screamed and screamed after my little sister was pulled under the roaring waters. My beautiful baby sister. I searched and searched but she wasnt there. She was just… gone.

I was crying now. I couldnt help but blame myself for this. I was dick to her. For the last week I've been awful to her. I couldnt apologize now.

I saw over to the bridge and climbed up the ladder there. I was sobbing and having trouble breathing. I didnt even feel the bitter cold as I laid down on the hard pavement. I physically hurt.

I know she should be dead by now, having been sucked under that way. But I knew she wasnt. She had too much fight in her but that didnt defy logic.

I heard a car pull up but didnt bother looking up. I didnt care who it was. I knew it wasnt Dani and she was the only person I wanted to see right now.

"Jordan, what the fuck happened? Where is she?" I opened one eye to see Kris, Eric, Sidney, Marc-Andre, Geno and Talbo looking down at me. The moon was behind their heads. Kris was the one who spoke.

I didnt say anything. Maybe they saw it in my eyes as Kris ran over to the railing. I yelled out incoherent swears as I sobbed some more.

"I see her." Kris screamed and got in his car. I stayed put and my entire body shook. I didnt believe him.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think.

Another update tonight, after my hockey practice.

--K<3