Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Take Some Time

I coughed profusely as I opened my eyes. Where am I? I shivered under the chilly breeze. I tried to sit up but I just flopped down and gasped for air.

It all came back to me: The bridge, Jordan. Again, Where the fuck am I? And I was drowning. I should be dead. Not that I was complaining.

I had sand in my hair and all over my drenched clothes. A shore. I was on a shore. I sat up and saw the bridge across the lake, three cars there now, not just two.

I now noticed a shadow of a man standing over the water.

"Jordan?" I called out, really hoping it was him.

No answer.

"Hey, you, can you help me?" Still no answer. The man just stood there. Unmoving. I was intrigued. Did he save me?

"Don't give into it. It takes ten times longer the put yourself back together than it does to fall apart." The voice of a man called out. A velvety voice I swore I knew from somewhere.

Then poof. Just like that he was gone. It was like he just disappeared into thin air.

"Danielle!" A voice I recognized as Kris came from behind me. I was shivering now to the point where I looked like I was having a seizure.

He sank down in the damp sand right next to me and threw his North Face jacket over me. It smelled just like him. I think that was more comforting than the warmth.

"Shit, Dani." He gathered me in his arms, choosing to ignore the fact that I was completely soaked. Or just not caring.

"Hey Krissy."I mumbled into his neck and he chuckled.

"Hey Daniel." I tried to laugh but I was too god damn cold so it came out sounding ridiculously strange.

Without a word, he picked me up and walked us over to his car. He set me down in the passenger seat and blasted the heat.

During the drive to the bridge, he kept his hand on my thigh.

"Are you okay?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road.
I nodded when he looked at me, not really trusting my own voice.

"I dont think I've ever been so scared in my life, Danielle. When I saw Jordan like that, I…I thought you were dead and I felt my heart stop. I couldnt breath."

"Yeah, neither could I." I muttered humorlessly. I was still puzzled but Kris looked nervous so I focused all of my attention on him.

"I know I've only known you for a short period of time but… I love you. I cant imagine life without you." I just looked at him. Really looked at him. He was telling the truth. His eyes were like an open book. The window to his soul. He had no guards put up like I did.

We pulled over on the bridge and I kissed him softly but with passion behind it. I pulled back and looked in his dark eyes. I didnt need to speak, didnt need to profess my love to him. He could see it in my eyes.Those walls I built? They were tumbling down.

Despite what happened tonight, I was oddly excited.

That was, until I saw Jordan lying on the ground, thrashing around. I never asked about Jordan.

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think? Tell what you like or dislike about it.
And about length, would you rather shorter and very frequent or long and not as frequent?

Feedback(:

--K<3