Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Never Wanted To Hurt You

"Jordan!" I knelt by him as he just laid there.

"Is this some kind of cruel joke? Danielle, I love you and I'm sorry for not being there for you when you were 16 or…tonight. If you can hear me, wherever you are, I'm so sorry." He didnt open his eyes. If he wasnt having a breakdown, I wouldve cracked up.

"Jordan Staal!" I whacked him on the chest and his eyes flew open. He looked at me in awe as I smiled at him.

He shot his arms out and pulled me down with him, squeezing me with a hug. He was a mess. Ive never seen him like this. Not when Grandma died. Never. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt freaked out.

"Jordan…" I didnt know what to say. He just held me there until Kris gently pried me out of his arms.

"Kris! Dont fucking touch my sister!" Jordan growled as he pulled me back down. Kris backed off but still stood close enough.

"Jordan… buddy, come on… We dont want her to freeze, do we?" Eric spoke and I got up as gently as I could. Eric looked rough. Seeing Jordan this… vulnerable was a new thing for everyone.

Kris put his arm around me and pulled me into him. I was shivering uncontrollably but I didnt notice until I was against Kris' side.

Eric knelt beside his younger brother and spoke softy to him. Jordan got up after a while and looked unstable. I couldnt help but feel like this was my fault. Yes, Jordan has been a raging douche bag but I love him and didnt like seeing him so… so out of it.

***********§**********

"MOMMY!" A scream pulled me out of my nightmare filled sleep. I immediately scrambled out of bed, waking Kris up. He insisted on staying with me, still believing that I jumped from the bridge.

"Dani!" He looked at me as I jumped up, clearly alarmed and voice raspy from sleep.

I ran into the twins room to find Iris sitting up and Liam sleeping soundly, unalarmed by his twins cries. I dashed over to her and scooped her up, her head on my shoulder. I walked out of their room, not wanting to disturb Liam. I passed a half dressed Kris looking concerned in the hallway.

I sat down on my bed, Iris crying softly in my arms. I whispered comforting things in her ear as I stroked her soft blonde hair.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked quietly as Kris slipped into the room, silently taking a seat near the window. I glanced at him. The moonlight illuminated his handsome features.

"I had a nightmare." Iris sniffled but stopped crying.

"What happened in it? The monsters cant hurt you, sweetie." I reassured her but she just shook her head.

"It was you. You were there… but you werent realllllly there." I often forgot how old they were. What 3, almost 4, year old had that much depth that the child understood what it was about? Not many. She was special.

"I'm not going anywhere." I told her as I rubbed her back. Kris stayed silent.

"You didnt choose to be that way, mommy. You were stuck. You were crying and crying. It made me cry. Uncle Jordan was sad too." I was taken back by all this. Something felt… off.

I brought her back to bed and tucked her in but my thoughts were elsewhere. It ripped my heart each time I saw Iris or Liam sad.

Kris tried talking to me before he fell aslep but I wasnt in the mood to talk. He gave up after a while and his breathing changed. He was fast asleep.

I didnt sleep at all the rest of the night. I had a sickening feeling that something bad was going to happen. I just knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
School has been hectic! A lot of drama, next chapter. I promise.

Happy Valentine's Day! <3

feedback for updates.

--K<3