Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Not Even

"STAAL! SKATE LIKE YOUR ASS IS ON FIRE!" Dan yelled out as we did suicides. Whether he was talking to Jordan or me, I had no idea.

My punching Jordan was on every hockey magazine and TV screen. Dan surprisingly didnt mind, telling me someone needed to put him back in his place. But my mom on the other hand… she was pissed. I got an earful for punching him and Jordan got an earful for provoking me.

"Dani!" A voice yelled as I walked back to the locker room. I stopped and turned around. Kris was standing there, grinning at me. I smiled back weakly. I felt something for him but I just had way too much shit to deal with. I didnt want him to waste his time on me when I couldnt focus my attention on a relationship. He was just too nice, I didnt want to drag him down with me.

"Kris. Can we talk?" His grin faltered a little bit. I could tell he didnt like the tone of voice I was using. He was a smart man and could tell something was up. I felt a stab of pain, knowing I was about our friendship but I could barely keep up with my kids and myself. Well, my kids were with my parents in Thunder Bay. They wanted to spend time with Liam and Iris and with Ken going back to Boston, I just didnt have time. I felt awful but I knew they were in good hands..

"Uh yeah, of course." We walked back to the bench and sat down, still wearing our equipment. I took off my helmet and took a deep breath.

"Listen, youre a cool guy." What a sucky way to approach it, fucktard. "I have a lot of shit I have to deal with and… uhh." I didnt even know what I wanted to say.

"I get it, Staal." He said harshly and I looked at him, my eyes wide. He softened his voice but his eyes were still hard. "I just…" he sighed and stood up and walked away.
Way too go, Staal. I thought bitterly as I glided onto the ice, taking slap shots all alone.

···§···

"Danielle, did you chase Kris away already?" Marc-Andre Fleury asked me as the majority of the team, excluding Kris and a few others, sat on the couches of a private lounge in some club. I sighed then downed a shot.

"It appears so, Flower." He nodded and took a sip of his beer. He wasnt a heavy drinker at all. I was when I didnt have to worry about my babies. Jordan was a heavy drinker too. Maybe it runs in the family.

"Are you even old enough to drink?" Matt Cooke questioned as he looked at me suspiciously. I just took the shot Geno handed me and tipped my head back, letting the warmth settle in my belly.

Jordan answered for me. "No, she isnt. Not even close. And Geno stop trying to get her drunk!" I looked at the big Russian. He blushed and muttered out an apology in his broken english.

"Aw, don't be mean to himmm." I slurred the last word, already tipsy. I gave the sweet teddy bear of a man a hug but ended up falling in his lap. Shit, had I really had that much to drink? Geno wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled into him, trying not to think of Kris. Not that I could really think that straight anymore.

"She's lightweight." Geno tried to explain my drunken state but I didnt care. It numbed a lot of shit. I felt… I didnt feel anything.

"Geno, try not to man handle my sister." Jordan snapped and I smiled lazily at him. He was a little afraid of me, waiting to ask me about what I told, well screamed at him before I punched him. I just continued to avoid him, not wanting to talk to him.

"Sister is comfortable." Geno defended and some of the guys laughed. I let out a druken giggle. He was adorable but too… I dont know, goofy? He was a good friend for the short time I've known him.

"I think Kris claimed territory." Max Talbot announced, looking smug. I sat up and glared at him. I didnt like being referred to as 'territory'.

"I am my own human being! I can do whatever I want!" Geno's chest rumbled on my back as he laughed. Everyone else half listened and had their own conversations.

"Of course you can, sweetheart." He gave me a condescending smile and I just flipped him the bird, not wanting to argue with him anymore.

"Jordan! Man, it is you!" A deep voice called out. I immediately flinched and sobered up. I would remember that voice anywhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took long! I had 5 games this weekend and was so busy and exhausted! I got a slap shot to the knee (shin guard slid down) and I can barely walk. Always make sure your equipment fits. Hurts like a bitch when you get hit.

Anywho, this actually took me forever to write. Mostly because I get distracted easily but experiencing some writers block too.

If you have any ideas, message me! I will love you forever.

comments for updates! tell me what you think!

Enjoy<3

--K<3