Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Don't Let 'Em Say You Ain't Beautiful

"Danielle, wakey wakey eggs and bakey!" a voice pulled me from my nightmare filled sleep. Jack was in every single one of them. I can't remember what exactly happened… just pain and his face.

"Daniiiiiiiii!" I was bounced up from the bed when something large landed next to me. I opened my eyes to see a bright eyed looking Kris staring at me. I closed my eyes and turned back around, playfully ignoring him.

"Oh no you dont!" He reached over and flipped me on top of him, tickling my sides as I thrashed around. I was ridiculously ticklish.

"Kris…!" I was laughing to the point where my sides hurt and I couldnt breathe. It felt nice to be so carefree and giddy.

"Fine, fine." He relented and he was still chuckling. I rolled off of him and pouted playfully. I liked the side of me that he brought out. We laid side by side for a few moments in silence, the only sound was our relaxed breathing.

"Dani, I'm sorry for being a douche at practice yesterday. You have a lot on your plate right now and I moved to fast and… yeah I'm sorry." He sounded nervous and it wasnt like he screamed at me or anything. I thought he held his calm pretty well.

"Don't worry about it." I shrugged it off and walked over to the bathroom in Jordans bedroom. I washed my face and grabbed a new toothbrush from under the sink and brushed my teeth.

"There's extra shit in here if you need anything." I told Kris as I walked out of the bathroom. I noticed he was already dressed.

"I stole some stuff earlier." I smiled at him and threw my hair up into a messy bun as we walked down the hallway together. We walked into the kitchen to find Jordan eating with 2 other plates across from him. Kris pulled out a chair for me and sat in his own, eagerly digging in.

"Who cooked this?" I eyed the food suspiciously. Jordan raised his left hand quickly, his right hand holding a fork that was shoveling food into his mouth. When did he learn to cook?

They both finished inhaling their food in like 2 minutes. I grew up with my older brothers doing that and I was usually just left with my parents but Jordan and Kris just stared at me, making me uncomfortable. I looked at them and they both quickly averted their gazes. I pushed my plate away.

"Okay, what's up?" I questioned, my voice disturbing the silence.

"I, uh, took your keys this morning and went to your condo. I grabbed a bunch of your clothes and shoes. I also grabbed your hockey bag." I gave him a confused look. I wasnt necessarily angry, I just didnt know why he needed to touch my shit.

Kris noticed my confusion. "We figured since that guy was in the area, we dont want him to find you and…" He trailed off and Jordan nodded in agreement. I instantly felt my chest tighten up. Kris knew. He probably thinks I'm dirty and diseased now.

"Do I get any say in this?" I glared angrily at them even though I knew they only wanted to protect me.

"Nope." Jordan popped the 'p' at the end and I pushed away from the table and found some clothes to wear. I put on a sports bra and under armour runners shorts. I need to go for a run. Dan texted me and said he cancelled practice and to be rested up for the game against Boston. Exercise calmed me.

I walked out of the guest bedroom and out into the living room to find Jordan and Kris watching the Rangers and Blackhawks game. They looked up when I walked in and Kris looked me up and down. Jordan just shot me a look.

"I'm going for a run." I announced shortly and Jordan narrowed his eyes at me. Kris frowned slightly.

"Can you go put some clothes on?" Jordan spoke harshly but I just rolled my eyes.

"I have clothes on." I rolled my eyes stubbornly, turning on my heel and going to the front hallway.

I put my hair up into a secure pony tail and opened the door to a cold Pittsburgh morning. I figured I would run faster if I was colder. A hand seized my wrist and pulled me back into the house, shutting the door.

"You should listen to Jordan. The press'll have a field day with you barely wearing clothes in the dead of winter. Plus you'll freeze." He spoke and turned me to face him.

"I already have 4 big brothers, I dont need another one." I said in a bitchy tone and he only smiled.

"Trust me, there's nothing brotherly in my motives to keep you safe and as happy as you can be." I kept my face blank but it quickly turned to shock when he crushed his warm lips against mine, kissing me passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE keep up with the feedback. Let your voices be heard. It motivates me and I wont update without feedback.

How do you feel about Kris?

--K<3