Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Its Been a While

I could see the confusion in there eyes as they looked intently at me. I didnt think I looked that different. My hair had gotten longer, more golden than pale from hours in the sun. I had a deep tan, being the only sibling who could acquire one. Still as tall as I was when I left. 6 feet tall. It wasnt that tall compared to them but I felt insecure because I was a girl and my old friends were always tiny. Maybe better looking, healthier to be exact, than I was after… Him. But they didnt know about that.

"Forget about Tanya already?" Jared attempted to joke but was giving me an uneasy smile. Then I saw the lights go off in my mothers eyes, as she blinked away tears.

"Mommy, who are these people?" Iris asked, still in Erics arms. He always loved kids.

"My Danielle." My mother shot up from her seat and nearly knocked me over. She had on a pretty dress and looked good. A little tired, but it looked like a happy tired. Liam grunted as she squeezed us close. She kissed my cheek about a million times before backing away, still keeping a hand on my arm. My father was next, looking as if he was fighting off tears. I immediately felt awful but not enough to regret my decision.

"Hi, Daddy." I whispered as he stood in the little circle that began to form. Jared still looked to be in shock, not angry, just shocked. Jordan was a whole different story. You could practically see his emotions going on a roller coaster.

"I cant believe you. We were just finally getting over you. You had to fucking come back--" Jared snapped out of his haze and slapped Jordan on the chest, signaling for him to shut up. I was expecting this from Jordan. He didnt deal with emotions very well. He never has.

"I'm not going to apologize for what I did. I dont regret it." I said stubbornly, my temper rising and cheeks heating up.

"You making my mommy sad. I dont like to see her sad." Liam spoke up, looking pretty mad for a little boy. All attention was now on him and confusion furrowed everyones brows, except for Eric. He always was the smartest.

"It's okay, sweetie." I spoke to my little angel then adressed my family. "These are my children. Introduce yourselves."

Iris spoke first. "I am Iris Erica Staal." She said with a smile and Eric had grin on, knowing her middle name was after him. Jared looked like he was gonna throw up. My dad looked admirably at his grandchildren but a little horrrified. Jordans eyes were blazing with anger and mom looked excited and hurt, all at once.

"I'm Liam Jared Staal. So who are you people?" I gave Liam a look and he smiled sheepishly back.

They introduced themselves and Liam warmed up to them. We sat in a private lounge and Jared was chasing Liam around, Liam laughing loudly and Jared just as loud. Iris was playing a game on Erics iPhonw while sitting in his lap, my parents sitting on each side of them, laughing right along with everyone. So that left Jordan and I, his glaring at me while I texted Ken.

New Text Message:
From Ken:
Did any of the hunka hockey players snatch your sexy single ass up yet?

I laughed out loud at that, smiling into the phone as I replied. I glanced over and saw Jordan giving me a disgusted look. To say he thought very lowly of me was the understatement of the year. Possibly century.

"Can I help you with something?" I spoke bitterly, hating the condescending look in his raging eyes.

"You texting their father?" He bit out.

"First of all, its none of your business. Second of all, not even close." I retorted as I gave him an angry stare.

"You know that they arent bringing up the fact that you got knocked up by only God knows who, you probably dont even know who, because they dont want you to run away. It's gonna gonna come out sooner or later." He really did hate me. I know very well who the father is, thank you very much. I wish I didnt though. It terrified me.

"Fuck you, Jordan. It was a mistake coming here anyway. But you were gonna find out, sooner or later." I played with my phone, pretending to text someone while tears blurred my vision which had me blinking profusely. Those words hurt way more than I thought they would. I stood up and left the room, knowing Liam and Iris were happy and preoccupied.

I took a seat by myself and started fidgeting when the General Manager of the Penguins took the stage, the huge crowd instantly silencing. The press had about 20 cameras set up and were on their toes.

"Hello, everyone. As you know, the Penguins get first pick this year. We have worked diligently to find someone who we hope can help us have a better season than last year. Without a further wait, we choose Danielle Staal, newest first round draft pick. "

I heard people mutterinfg they didnt know there was a fifth Staal brother, thinking he said 'Daniel' instead of Danielle. The spotlight found me in the crowd as I made my way to the stage. There was loud applause and shocked looks on everyones faces. I shook the GMs hand and put my new jersey on over my clothing. #57.

There were what felt like a million flashes as I kept the smile plastered on my face. I looked to my left and saw my family, with the exception of Marc who wasnt here. They looked flabbergasted. Liam and Iris blew me kisses and my smile became genuine. Then I locked eyes with Jordan.

I dont think I ever saw someone look more infuriated. I just smirked at him. Two can play this game.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh! The Staal Brothers!

Thanks everyone so much for the comments! They make me smile and motivate me.

Comments for updates, per usual.

Tell me what you think!

--K<3

love you guys<3